Thread: Dictionary Words: M, N, O - Hand Drawn/Painted, Collage, Mixed Media - Due Dec 31

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Dictionary Words: M, N, O - Hand Drawn/Painted, Collage, Mixed Media - Due Dec 31

Swap Due Date: Dec 31
    Sign-up/Withdraw Date: No sign-up – you are added to the list when you ask to join, but I won't link to you post until you tell me they've been mailed.
    Number of Cards: 3:3
    Number of Participants: Unlimited
    Media: HD/HP/Collage/Mixed Media

**Please make sure to read the definition you plan to use and illisutrate/collage it accordingly. Some words are spelled similarly, but have completely different meanings.**

Time to break out that old dictionary you have laying around (or make a run to the local dollar store, thrift store, or even a dictionary website) and get creative with me! For this swap, you will select three dictionary words with definitions -- one word will start with the letter M, one card will start with the letter N and one word will start with the letter O – and art away! You must include the dictionary word and definition on the front of your card. I do have some Dos and Don’ts, so please read carefully below.

**As much as possible, I will trade medium for medium, unless you tell me that you are okay with getting mixed returns. However, I am limited by the types of cards people make, so I can’t guarantee this.

SOME IDEAS TO GET THE CREATIVITY FLOWING:
    ~Nouns are easy to picture and art up (monkey, nest, octopus), however, consider looking at the verbs or adjectives. Example: “Measure: to find the exact weight/size/speed of something". For this, you might illustrate a tailor taking measurements.
    ~Have fun illustrating your word: Example: “Otter: a semiaquatic mammal related to the weasel family.” Of course you can show the cute, furry little critter...but if you put it in a space helmet, he is suddenly in otter space? Get it? Huh, huh? Hahaha, I crack myself up!
    Do whatever sparks your imagination!

DOs and DON’Ts:
    ~DO show the word/definition somewhere on your card. You can tear/cut it from a dictionary, print it, or have it as a part of your background (as long as the word/definition is visible.) If you write neatly, you can write it on your card.
    ~DON’T use magazine images as your sole focus – this isn’t artful. Add additional elements to make it artsy, expressive and interesting. You CAN use magazine images if it’s a creative expression of a bigger picture. Please feel free to ask if this isn’t very clear – this rule in place to make sure that participants receive cards that have been made with an attempt at creativity.
    ~DON’T have one tiny thing that fits the definition, and a bunch of things that have nothing to do with the word/definition. Example: If you choose 'Octopus’, don’t have random bits and pieces of stuff on your card with one strip of octopus-printed washi tape going across the bottom. One or more octopi should be the main focus.
    ALL words are acceptable except those words that are racially or politically insensitive.
    ~DO have fun and get creative!

CARD GUIDELINES
    ~Each card must have a dictionary word with its definition on the front of the card. The Dictionary Word for card 1 will start with the letter M, card 2 will start with the letter N and card 3 will start with the letter O.
    ~Cards must be 2.5x3.5 inches, sturdy and neatly cut. I will return cards that are misshapen, lopsided or more than 1/8th of an inch off.
    ~Cards must be in a thin protective plastic sleeve.
    ~Please don’t make the card super bulky.
    ~At minimum, please include your User Name on the back of the card. You may add more info if you wish (location, date made, website, etc…)
    ~Do your best work and get creative. Send cards that were made with thought and care; something you would be thrilled to receive. (READ THE DON’Ts, listed above.)
    ~FLAT Embellishments are allowed and encouraged. If you embellish your cards, please try to ensure it complements the card. Make sure all embellishments are secured to the card.
    ~NO STICKERS except as an accent and not a focal image. No white borders on the stickers.
    ~NO LOOSE GLITTER. If you use glitter, it MUST be in the form of glitter glue or mixed with a sealant like gel medium/matte medium, etc…

MAILING GUIDELINES
    ~PM me when you are ready to send!
    ~Include a Forever stamp (U.S.) or a concealed U.S. dollar or U.S. Forever Stamp (outside the U.S).
    ~Include a neatly written/typed return label.
    ~Do not include a return envelope unless you really want to – otherwise, I will provide the envelopes.
    ~Secure cards in the envelope so they don’t all bunch up in a corner. You can tape them to a sturdy paper/light cardboard the shape of the envelope or tape them together in a row.

Who would like to come play?

1. KatelNorth
    2. Allegrae
    3. Betsyg
    4. Hem18
    5. Karr3ll
    6. Donnacr
    7. Elle
    Last edited by Foxglove; 10-15-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes please (gotta catch them all, lol)
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now hosting: ATC Background Swap, due 16th December
    My APC ad here

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me, too!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too, please!
    Must be Gelli 'cause jam don't shake like that!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im in!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up, mailing cards out today

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't miss the next instalment - sign me up, please
    Now hosting:Pink ribbon celebration Due: October 30, BLACK versus white Due: November 6 away from home Thurs 17/10 till Tues 22/10 at a craft retreat coming up: Halloween/Autumn Athon Oct 30 to Nov 3

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have added you to the list, Donnacr! Welcome back!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    sign me up please, my cards are ready

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Elle! I will get you signed up and will PM you with my address!