The All Things Bob Ross Happy Little Swap~Due January 1, 2020

I was wondering about that. Is there a spray or something that gets them to dry faster?

Marrae the special gift you sent arrived today. I love it!!! Thanks for all the Bob Ross quotes too! I’ll put them to good use. :)

Love those Amy! Complete with the mountains in the background and the giant tree in the foreground. Soooo Bob Ross. The signature in red is a nice Bob touch too... :)

Love those Amy! Complete with the mountains in the background and the giant tree in the foreground. Soooo Bob Ross. The signature in red is a nice Bob touch too... :)

Thanks! It looked weird without the big red signature :)

:) I bought some ‘retarder’ to slow the drying time of my gesso base. I’m hoping it will work like ‘liquid white’.

I was wondering about that. Is there a spray or something that gets them to dry faster?

Actually drying time depends on your technique, how much you add other oils (I normally just use mineral spirits as medium, acts like the water in acrylic), and the brand of paint. Good brands will dry within a week, 10 days tops.

I have actually made many ATC in oils, they turned out pretty good. Check this links:
https://artisttradingcardsforswap.blogspot.com/2011/11/miniature-works-in-oils-paints.html
https://artisttradingcardsforswap.blogspot.com/2011/11/musical-instruments.html

However Marie, I finished my cards, and I cannot decide if I like them, maybe I should just withdraw... :(

I will be flooded with work starting next wek, and honestrly I will not have the time to remake them.

I’d hate to see you withdraw after you’ve already made your paintings. I’ll bet they are fine. We’re all our own worst critics.... I took a peek at your links and the landscapes there are gorgeous. Why don’t you sit with them a while before you decide?

View attachment 211198 and View attachment 211199

I found no real benefit from adding retarder to the gesso, but I do like the paintings. Palette knife is hard for me, even though I bought a very tiny one.... but I can’t expect skill only 2 paintings in... Overall I’m satisfied with these two.

Last edited:
Tamalece your cards are here already! That was fast! They’re even more ‘Bob’ in person. Thanks for making an extra for me!

I’m thinking I’d like to do a Bob himself card, painting maybe? Or playing with a squirrel... hmm....

I’ve got another card done but will wait till it’s dry to photograph it. It’s been quiet here lately. Guess most of us are working on other swaps first since we still have weeks to go. :)

Back
Top Bottom