ATC Novice
Swap Due Date - November 30th
Signup/withdraw date - November 26th
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 12

Halloween's not over yet and even if it was,

" The way I dress makes every day seem like Halloween!"
- a song that hasn't aged well other than this line

1_kurdis_bisexual_lighting_001_s.jpg1_clowns_goths_cowboys_001_e_s.jpg1_clowns_goths_cowboys_001_a_s.jpg
See all 6 cards in hi-def

Objective: Fill in the diagram.
venn diagram s.jpg
You can do one each of a full clown, full cowboy or full goth, or you can mix and match and combine elements of clown, cowboy and goth. Can be original characters, fan works, portraits.

Materials: Hand Drawn and Hand Painted. These need to be drafted, drawn or rendered from imagination or maybe a photo reference at most, but they don't need to be original characters nor do they need to be based on real people. All illustration styles desirable. Sleeves are appreciated. Experiment with unfamiliar materials before starting work on your card. Do not use non-archival glue.

Resources:
- I recommend searching 'Botswana Metalheads'
- My Imp card was inspired by the artdolls of Slocotion
https://slocotion.tumblr.com/tagged/ooak
https://slocotion.tumblr.com/tagged/ooakdoll
- Research just any kind of old clowns from pre 1950. Go far enough back and you find only mimes.
- Punk, Emo and Metal are closely related to Goth in the same way humming birds are closely related to alligators
- https://pics.me.me/fashion-trend-for-new-2018-cowboy-from-the-waist-up-30083123.png
- https://bigmemes.funnyjunk.com/pictures/Cloth+gowns+only_08d6b8_7236080.jpg

Format:
- 2.5X3.5 inches
- preferably vertical but not mandatory
- On the back, at minimum, put the Title, percentage of Cowboy, Goth and Clown energy, and your user name from here on ATCs for all

Host Cards: not necessary but coveted

Censorship:
- do whatever you want
- can be dark, spooky, camp, raunchy, provocative, political, spiritual, I do not care
- meme and shitpost is allowed. You don't have to take this prompt seriously.

US participants:
-Send an address label and return postage

Non-US participants:
-Allow an extra week at least for shipping time
-Send an address label that includes your country
-Send American return postage
-Or an American Dollar bill if no postage

All participants:
-Make sure your cards are flexible, evenly spread out in the envelope, but reinforced so they can't be folded.
-Sleeves are appreciated
-Envelopes will be provided
-Direct message me for my paypal address. Please send $2 if using paypal to cover fees.
-Donations accepted.
-Direct message me for my mailing address
-Send adequate return postage to have a good time

0. Snager
1. Snager
2. IstinKray IlverSay
3. Cheyenneshea
4. 3moffday2

Last edited:
XD Thanks, guys! this is definitely shaping up to be enough people to actually play the game with!
Also, LOVE your name, istenKray!

Wait, is this your first swap as a host snager? I mean, the theme is amazing even if it wasnt, but what a badass jumping off point if it is... way to set the bar high for those of us who have yet to host.

u///u yes, IstenKray

I spent a long time trying to decide what I wanted my first swap to be and even used to think about this back when i started swap bot earlier this year. and going back even further, years ago i was in an open swap for stickers. it was an open-media swap that didn't even have to be your own art, but everyone just did hand-drawn! I was REALLY happy with my returns and have been wanting to do something like that ever since.

I wanted to do something to encourage creativity / character design stuff. And i love the cowboy/goth/clown meme because my favorite oc of all time totally fits in there. so this was all just a low-key hack to get new friends that could be playing at the same music festival.

The theme has already proven to be more popular than I anticipated! I wanted to do something I could get hype for, but also something I didn't think would have TOO much MASS appeal: but WOULD appeal to those on the site who like silly, off-kilter or spooky stuff. There's a small niche here for people who like monsters and aliens. wanted to cater to my way-side brethren.

And even if you don't like goths, I hoped people who like genuinely cute clowns or genuinely rustic cowboys could join in! I showed the cards to my grandmother for example, and she almost bought my harlequin with cash money because she likes cute clowns.

future swap ideas:
- tamagotchi inchies
- furby
- Australian animals
- ALL drawing styles and levels: dragons (with drawing tutorial by Strongbad)
- Cute furry, feathery, buggy dragons
- pointillism mushrooms

I also want to start a Make Me Happy thread where everyone is drawing each other's original characters, but I keep forgetting/chickening out !

I also want to do some kind of swap circle where it's like telephone. each person re-draws the card above them without looking at the previous cards.

or a circle like this: We start with a donor card and each artist tries to recreate it in their own style.

ANYWAY I'm not as active on here as I'd like to be and I have tons of ideas! I'm just glad people other than my good friends are joining! X,D

I love the idea of a telephone swap circle, or the donor card reinterpretation(that one could all be done by the same date by all which I'd personally prefer).

This is going to be a fun challenge... everything inside me wants to do fan art portraits of existing characters (generally my favorite personal artform) but I think this would be such a good chance to branch out into more original characterwork. We'll see what follows.

thanks for the feedback, I'll keep this in mind!

I also didn't know what the rules were for starting a MMH thread, but I guess I could just start one any time? in that vein, the telephone one could just be a forum game with no requirement to trade your cards away: you could just keep them in your main gallery for trade.

and: I did a couple portraits and a fan-art-ish one, but half my cards are OCs. :,T unfortunately, the first swap is only allowed to be a 3 for 3 swap for all non-hosts.

Well, creative OC challenge aside, I can't resist making a Captain Spaulding card for this since he's so perfectly all three. RIP Sid Haig!

Zilliah, that was all Snager. That bar was set with the set Snager made (and I love it).

aw, thanks Istin X,D your blurb is perfect though, no matter how I inspired you <3
(I am afraid)

Back
Top Bottom