Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice - HandDrawn/HandPaint - Due date December 18 2019

As much as I hate to say this, I have to withdraw from this one. My workload with moving in to an new art building has taken over my waking life. I'm so sorry to miss out on this!

Still waiting on the cards from Barox818, I'll keep waiting until after the holidays due to the slow mail and I really don't want the cards to get lost in the mail, that would be a shame since everyone made such great sets.

I'm sorry Barrox your cards did not arive. I'll mail out the return sets tomorrow

Ugh! Thanks for letting me know and for being understanding Itrader-wise. Especially since I noticed this is the 2nd swap of yours in which my cards failed to reach you. (Aliens in Action was the other) Have you had any other issues dealing with USA senders? I’m curious if there’s a difference in mailing customs that is preventing my cards from reaching you...

I typically send in a business size envelope. When sending to other countries I use two “forever” stamps. Amanda and Emma, since you are both also from US and had no issues can you tell me what you did differently? Perhaps more stamps or a different envelope size? Hopefully we can solve the above mystery.

I usualy don't have any issues with cards from the USA, most people use 1 or 2 forever stamps (most of the time the flower ones).

Did you added my country to my mailing address, sometimes people forget to add it or it could just be because of the slow holiday mail last year a had an evelop reach me after 3 months but that is an exeption, normaly it takes about 5 to 10 business days.

lol.. well, for the previous swap, I suppose that could be the issue. (I don’t believe so, but it being a year-ish ago, no way to know for sure) This swap though I actually remember my husband commenting “Wow all the way to Belgium!” when I asked him to drop it in the mailbox, so I know the country was on there this time lol. I think next time, instead of putting it in the mailbox, I’ll take it directly to the post office and see what they recommend. We shall see lol
Again, thanks for understanding.

I usually use a sturdy/thick greeting card, so the envelope size is different than a business sized one. I usually go to the post office for cards going international- I ask them specifically to put a global stamp on and have them weigh it to make sure it's the correct amount of postage... I havent had a problem with international so far, thankfully, but sometimes it just takes a very long time... i think i sent a set to south Africa once and it took upwards of a month. I'm so sorry your set didnt arrive and that this is the second time its happened... so sad :'(

I usually use a sturdy/thick greeting card, so the envelope size is different than a business sized one. I usually go to the post office for cards going international- I ask them specifically to put a global stamp on and have them weigh it to make sure it's the correct amount of postage... I havent had a problem with international so far, thankfully, but sometimes it just takes a very long time... i think i sent a set to south Africa once and it took upwards of a month. I'm so sorry your set didnt arrive and that this is the second time its happened... so sad :'(

Thanks! Yeah I’ll def go to the post office next time. Thanks.

I usualy don't have any issues with cards from the USA, most people use 1 or 2 forever stamps (most of the time the flower ones).

Did you added my country to my mailing address, sometimes people forget to add it or it could just be because of the slow holiday mail last year a had an evelop reach me after 3 months but that is an exeption, normaly it takes about 5 to 10 business days.

Just an FYI: I went to the post office and inquired. Emma is definitely correct on having to use the GLOBAL stamp. Those others that have been just using forever stamps have apparently only been getting lucky that their envelopes were machine-sorted as opposed to checked by an actual person. The machines don’t know the difference but a person stops the transition because that is NOT the valid way to send internationally. Global stamps are the way to go and I have invested in a pack for next time!
Also a great tidbit for the other forever-stampers for future reference if they’re not interested in “gambling” on whether or not it’ll reach its international destination.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom