Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge Hunt ATART on December 5-8

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Challenge Hunt ATART on December 5-8

Here we go again! This will be the official thread for the Challenge Hunt (ATART) on Dcember 5-8 .

A list of special supplies you will need if you want to complete all the tasks:
    pile of scrap papers
    a map (or a part of it)
    pens/markers
    paints
    playing cards
    a small box (a match box or something similar)
    small amount of thread, string or fabric
    a tea bag (or its cover)
    a Christmas/winter postage stamp
    one stamped image
    glitter
    a stapler & staples

I don't list any obvious items as normal papers, pens, scissors etc. You can use mostly whatever you have but some tasks are more limited.

Sniisk is hosting and counting points. If you have questions, please put them in the thread. Answering PMs may take longer. Other members may answers to your question faster than me (because of the timezones).

Start and end times: When ever it is starting to be Thursday in NZ. It is Wednesday afternoon in Europe and Wednesday morning in the US. You can start when you see the tasks. This a-thon will end when it will look like Monday on the last timezone = when it is midnight in GMT -10. I will inform about the time in the thread. How ever, you cannot start officially before you see the tasks so no need to stress about it.

Here are some tips and "vocabulary" when checking the tasks: A creation means anything that you make. It does not need to be an ATC if not specified in the task. Anything handmade goes well and it doesn't need to be available for trade. Also, the media is free as long as not mentioned in the task. A card means an ATC, a chunky book page, an inchie or anything that can be called as a card.

Because we are creating different sizes and forms of art here, it may be useful to inform others if it is an ATC, inchie, chunky etc. so we know the size.

Very important: Mention the task (both the number and description so I won't miss it) you have completed when posting a picture. You can put max three tasks in one creation but remember to mention them all.

I will make marks in the thread to show you when I have counted points so far. When you see the mark, you know that I'm not going to look back anymore. If you change anything in your earlier posts, remember to send a message after that.

1 point per task if nothing else mentioned. Total 100 points. You can get points from one task once only.

If you do not understand a task, please ask. We all are happy to help. Don't take tasks too seriously. Everything goes as long as you can keep some kind of connection to the original task.

TASKS ARE IN THE NEXT POST

And remember, of course you can join this a-thon even if you don't join the hunt!

General a-thon info (for all ATARTs)

What IS an ATART?
    It’s an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art, made over the same time in each time zone. This thread is going to be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS:
    Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your Athon gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time.
    After all the trading is done move your creations OUT of the Athon Gallery and into their correct Galleries - 'Available ATCs' or 'Mail Art'

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:
    When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (PM) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:
    And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there or just simply click Like button.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:

From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It’s easiest to have two windows open.
    1) Go to your gallery and copy the image location
    2) Go to your post and paste the copied text
    3) and then you're done.

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word in the address and change it to the size you want.

From your computer:
    1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

NEW TO A-THONS?
    If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.
    Last edited by sniisk; 12-03-2019 at 01:28 AM.
    My chunky page list and APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    TASKS:

1) every day you post a new creation in the thread (1p/day = max 4p)
    2) make a trade (up to 3 trades, 1p/trade = max 3p, name the trader)
    3) give reputation points to five people (remember to tell when you have done it)
    4) invite someone to join the fun (tell us who did you invite)
    5) use three pieces of scrap paper from your stash
    6) show something natural in unnatural/weird/funny context in your card (1p/card, max 3p)
    7) theme: loneliness
    8) give an art challenge in the thread
    9) join a given art challenge (not your own, see the previous task) (given tasks are in the next post) (2p)
    10) theme: ginger bread
    11) make a "Blind Drawing" of an animal (do not look while you draw it, but do look while you finish it)
    12) mail a surprise (a RAK) to someone who has posted in the thread (not to the host) but do not mention the name (but show the RAK, of course) (3p)
    13) theme: Christmas elf
    14) combine cats, coffee & chocolate in the same creation
    15) use part of a map in your creation but not as the main element
    16) create your version of a famous painting/artwork (2p)
    17) theme: Christmas market
    18) use only black, white + one other color (up to four different colors, 1p / creation, max 4p)
    19) theme: fire
    20) find an image of a face (human or animal), tear or cut it down the middle, then draw the missing half of the face & finish your artwork (2p)
    21) make an ATCoin (1p/coin, max 3p)
    22) use only one pair of Complementary Colors in your card. (ie: "red and green", "blue and orange", or "yellow and purple")(2p/pair, max. 3 pairs=6p)
    23) theme: socks
    24) use text "beautiful" somehow in your creation
    25) make an APC based on someone's wishlist
    26) incorporate a shadow into your art. (tree with a shadow, person with a shadow, shadow puppet, etc...)
    27) theme: beard
    28) write something positive that tells something "new" about you
    29) theme: superstition
    30) create a folded Christmas tree (http://youtu.be/AJDnzAI6BLo) (2p)
    31) decorate a matchbox (or another small box) for Christmas
    32) Theme: laundry (anything related to laundry)
    33) combine sunshine & rain in your creation
    34) make a card that depicts you (hand drawn, photo, whatever)
    35) incorporate a holiday not celebrated in the country where you live in your creation
    36) incorporate "If I won the lottery" in your creation (maybe use up the old lottery ticket as a background)
    37) make a Christmas ornament
    38) use an idiom in your creation (not in English would be fun)
    39) theme: naughty
    40) theme: nice
    41) choose an item that usually is associated with a holiday but make the card so it doesn't reflect a holiday (eg. tree but not Christmas)
    42) theme: Santa Claus
    43) theme: northern lights
    44) theme: Disney
    45) go to the nearest drawer and open it & use something in that drawer to create your art
    46) theme: famous spires and towers (1p/card, max 3p)
    47) find a creative way to use thread, string, fabric, or other type of fiber in your art
    48) use a tea bag / it's cover in your creation
    49) theme: fairy tale character
    50) use a Christmas/winter postage stamp in your creation
    51) theme: snowflakes
    52) make a card for an unseasonable holiday (1p/card, max. 2p)
    53) share your Christmas/winter traditions (in words or pictures) (2p)
    54) theme: candy
    55) show something that didn't go as expected but the result is still ok (can be something that has been made before this event)
    56) choose one available card from host's gallery and use it as a model/inspiration when you make a card (if you are the first who chose it, you will have it)(2p)
    57) theme: New Year's resolution
    58) show a new technique that is not requested in the tasks and show or tell also how you got the result (and be aware of questions) (3p)
    59) use a colored stamped image
    60) theme: independence day
    61) depict the same object from 4 different angles (no need to be exactly the same object, eg. any cat goes well) (1p/card, max. 4p, min 2 cards)
    62) create seasonal avatar and use it during the ATART (2p)
    63) theme: sleigh
    64) use glitter in your creation
    65) use a staple in your creation
    66) theme. winter wonderland

1 point per task if nothing else is told in the task. Total 100 points. You can get points from one task once only.
    Last edited by sniisk; 12-05-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Given art challenges:

1. Create a card that incorporates a location that is at least 5000 miles away from where you live. This can be a landscape, a cityscape or something else 5000 miles distant. (given by jo.on.the.go)

2. Incorporate a line (text) from a Christmas song/carol in to your card. (given by Beverley)

3. Create a card with Woodland creatures with at least one tree and snow, woodland creatures ideas: foxes, deer, bears, rabbits, birds. (given by CastleQueen5)

4. Create a mixed media Christmas card with at least 3 different media including Washi Tape. (given by Evalila)

5. Turn an ATCoin into a "snowglobe" - (add some snow or glitter and a base). (given by chaosatlanta)
    Last edited by sniisk; 12-08-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bookmarking....I’ll be around for this ATART

5. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know what a Challenge Hunt is so I will watch for details
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Making ATCs is more important than making dinner" Laffqueen
    If I comment on your work it means I'd love to trade.

7. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to be here to play; I love challenge hunts

9. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to play along! These are always fun!

11. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ME!!! Yep so excited marking my calendar to not do any housework or cooking

13. Likes sniisk, ohhappyday liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone has any ideas for tasks, you are very welcome to send a pm to me . I may not use them now but I always list them and use later when you have already forgotten what you have suggested.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    bookmarking

16. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the invite! I've never done a "challenge hunt" so very interested!

18. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE your Challenge Hunts - they are so much fun and I always have at least 1 challenge which takes me out of my comfort zone.
    Unfortunately I will be in New Zealand when this one is running so unable to play. I will have my iPad with me so will try to drop in and chat.
    For those who have never played before - try it! Once played you will never look back.

20. Thanks sniisk thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I won't be home. I will be babysitting that week and I have my last craft show for this year. I have been busy with those this fall. I will try and check in and see what I will be missing. and just see what people have to chat about.

22. Thanks sniisk thanked this post
    Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the invite. Unfortunately, I won't be able to play because it is report card time again and also I am taking a professional development course.

24. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like fun! I'm definitely going to try doing a number of the tasks!

26. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking...thank you for the invitation and for having marathon, hoping to be able to participate.

28. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to play so badly!!!!! We are still cleaning out Dad's apartment so I won't be able to play this time. We are getting very very close to being done and ready to surrender the keys. The contract deadline is Christmas and I think we are going to be done ahead of time. Then I get to sort the boxes and boxes of stuff we brought home. It was the only way to meet the deadline - postpone some of the sorting and send stuff to local charities here in NJ at a more reasonable pace. If anyone wants some old book pages or map snippets just PM me with your address. I need to get your request through a PM since I can't keep up with the thread. I'll make a list and some time after the new year I'll get some packets together. Have a great time everyone and Happy Thanksgiving and giving thanks for all of you!
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

30. Thanks sniisk thanked this post
    Likes Lalka liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the invite! I hope to play.

32. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Loladog is offline I got my creativity from my Father
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never done a challenge hunt but it sounds mysterious and fun. I am still recovering from my stem cell transplant so my hands are still pretty shaky But will play as I am able. I canít wait to be able to be on the chat and catch up with old friends as well. Thank you so much for including me.
    Loladog
    Faith Art Group: Using His Art Box. Available Cards:
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...rchcatidsuri=4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you around Loladog. Keep up the good attitude.

35. Likes jo.on.the.go liked this post