Leftover trash DUE FEB 4th, 2020

Media
Swap due: FEB 4th, 2020
Mail by date and withdrawal date: Jan 20th, 2020
Number of cards 3:3. or 5:5

Mixed media, open media. You need to do more than glue down items. so mix it up.

If you have participated in any of the Trash to Treasure swap=T2T, you might have some leftovers. I sure do.
I am not sending you anything therefore you are allowed to withdraw. No pressure.

ETA: several of us have EXTRA leftover trash and we can send you stuff, just post you need some leftover leftovers.

It would be helpful if you have participated in a past Trash to Treasure swap, or any version of a swap like this on AFA. There have been 14 Trash to Treasure swaps, and several swaps of the same variety. If you have leftovers from any of these swaps then please do participate. It is good way to use up those leftovers and revisit the past trash.

1_t2t_14_.jpg

1_t2t13_.jpg

1_V4A_t2t.jpg

It would also be helpful if you can post photos, and/or write about the trash used, if you remember which T2T you got it from. I would like to see some chatter about the trash in the thread, and it written on the back of the card. If you were the host of a past T2T swap, you are allowed to use any leftovers in your stash that you still have.

Key NOTE ****If you have any words on your card, they must be from trash: Items on the envelopes, or junk mail, or a book, or a magazine, you can not use store bought words or letters or stickers, and you can not print out any words or hand write words. You can not use a rubber stamp nor die cut to make words.

Key NOTE**** you must use at least two of the past Trash items per card. Please identify the item on the back, and the past swap when possible

Key NOTE**** all cards need to be rectangles, Nothing shaped like houses, coins, dolls, no APCs. Sorry just too hard to swap them with the players.

Key NOTE**** No silent swappers. Posting that you mailed and posting that you got your returns is an expectation for this swap. Giving You rocks to the artists of your returns is expected. No silent swappers.

Mailing INFO:

USA One forever stamp and one extra ounce stamp will cover your returns with a large address label. I can provide envelopes.

International. 3 cards will be under the 1 ounce USA weight rule. It will cost me $1.15 to mail it back to you. Over an ounce and I costs $2.30. I take US $1, Global stamps, and yes, even PayPal but that has fees for you. I will also take a $1 from your country, or equivalent. Contact me.

* Please send each card in a protective plastic sleeve, individual or you can use a 3 side by side baseball sleeve. Either way is fine. If you send a baseball sleeve with your address label on it, I will do my best to return that to you with cards inside.

Extra postage is always welcomed to help defray the cost of the international postage. Thank you in advance. If you want or prefer your cards handcanceled, please make a note, and include the 15 cent stamp.

If you, yourself have sent cards that need to be hand cancelled please include the extra ounce cent stamp for each card that needs to be hand cancelled. Since the cards would be sent to 3-5 different players.

ABOUT RETURNS
* When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that your cards arrived, Then please, leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the players which cards you received too. Again no silent swappers.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I figure many players might lurk and see if they can find some of their leftovers. I got a feeling I have many other envelopes of leftovers that I have not found yet.

Maybe tomorrow I will go do a Pm campaign to recruit other players. Not tonight though.

well - generally i throw away leftovers once i have finished all cards in a swap - or if they are interesting they get merged into my other scraps.

well - generally i throw away leftovers once i have finished all cards in a swap - or if they are interesting they get merged into my other scraps.

That is what I do! I would not be able to lay my hands on anything leftover from prior swaps. Plus my craft room is an absolute disaster at this moment!

I'll play!
You said no store bought words. What about using tags from items you've purchased for something else...like the tag off a piece of clothing or tote bag?

I'll play!
You said no store bought words. What about using tags from items you've purchased for something else...like the tag off a piece of clothing or tote bag?

I think tags fall under trash.

If you have any words on your card, they must be from trash: Items on the envelopes, or junk mail, or a book, or a magazine,

Do you think maybe I should offer envelopes as well? so others can play? What is your thoughts on that?

That might help, esp with people like me. Although, I have plenty of trash, it is just not necessarily stuff from other trash swaps. I have been gathering my own bunch of trash to host a trashy swap in the near future.

That might help, esp with people like me. Although, I have plenty of trash, it is just not necessarily stuff from other trash swaps. I have been gathering my own bunch of trash to host a trashy swap in the near future.

SUZI Let me send you some trash, I send stuff to you all the time. Then maybe you could host one in the series of Trash to Treasure, we have round 17 without a host. But of course you can host your own trash swap with your own twist and that would be welcomed too. I really just wanted an excuse to use up all the fun stuff I saved from past swaps. I will send you goodies soon. You can play or not play no pressure, but always glad to send trash.

I think scrap envelopes to those who request them would be a good idea. They wouldn't even have to be the same scraps to each one of them.
U R the queen of scraps!

I’ve got plenty of trash leftovers from past T2T swaps, so please include me in this one. I was too late for t2t14 so looking forward to this one! Also I still have one envelope from my t2t12 swap I’ll be glad to send to someone who wants to join this one but has no trash. Just pm me your address. Only one so 1st come 1st served.

Count me in. While I have been using up some of the leftovers like in the reuse repurpose swap I still got leftovers leftover. Whew. But I have mostly been collecting them in a zip lock bag so not likely to be able to identify what came from what swap.

I also have some leftover trash from T2T13. It won't be the entire envelope of trash from the initial T2T mailing but lots of it. I can probably come up with 2-3 envelopes if someone would like to play in this one. Let me know - pm me your address.

Back
Top Bottom