Postage stamp ATCs - CATS Due: January 20

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: January 20
postage date for non-Australians: Dec 30
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I normally allow 3 weeks when mailing my swaps to anywhere in the world - I suggest you do the same.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with a CAT (domestic, big cat, cartoon, etc) on it.

ALL RETURNS MAILED JANUARY 29

I have LOTS of used postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps. This is the first one with my favourite topic: CATS.

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design, or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hands by Jan 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to 3 weeks to reach me so your returns may take up to 3 weeks to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to $3.20 so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 or a Global Forever stamp

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" X2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card may not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS
0. donnacr
1. Suzi - returned
2. Haagmm - returned
3. AngelJoy - returned
4. CastleQueen5 - received
5. catladybj - withdrew
6. pouringdiva - received
7. JenUrebel - returned
8. Evalila - received
9. Laffqueen - returned
10. nanvan - returned
11. NancyL - returned
12. Seascape131 - returned
13. Betsyg - returned
14. jo.on.the.go - returned
15. BlancoLobo - returned
16. Dithespy - received

Last edited:
My current thoughts are to run (always due on the 20th of that month):
Feb - Dogs,
Mar - butterflies,
Apr - transport (road, sea and air),
May - people,
June - places/ scenery,
July - flags,
Aug - marine (fish, other sea life and plants),
Sept - land animals (that are not cats, dogs or butterflies),
Oct - flowers/trees,
Nov - household items (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc) or food,
Dec - Christmas

What do people think of these selections?

Sounds like fun! I really like all of the subject choices. I will be sorting through my stamps to find the perfect stamps! Please sign me up!

Donnacr, I have been wanting to host a swap like this over on swapbot. I am SOOOO glad you are hosting. I will play every month.

Flags MEH! but I do LOVE how some artists can really make an ugly flag stamp into something fun. SO leave it.

I also am not into holiday cards, but I would gladly join a Christmas stamps card swap.

Since you are doing a swap each month there wont be the 90 days in between swaps, but even better. So sign me up, let me know when you post the next month swap.

I'm perfectly happy with the list as you have it! I agree with the flags...Meh - but I actually have at least a few international flags - that would be ok, right?

I am planning on listing each swap with 90 days to complete it (just like this one) and August will be a little strange as my husband and I will be in Canada at that time - we'll work it out closer to the date.
With flags I was thinking to challenge people to make them into mandalas, use the colours in stripes or blocks - in other words: make the flag disappear.

welcome to AngelJoy and CastleQueen5. Hope you find enough cats and come back and join us JenUrebel

Donnacr, I have been wanting to host a swap like this over on swapbot. I am SOOOO glad you are hosting. I will play every month.

Flags MEH! but I do LOVE how some artists can really make an ugly flag stamp into something fun. SO leave it.

I remember that you created an ATC of a sexy lady, wearing a colorful dress, made out of 8 or 9 stamps, all the same stamp, a postage stamp that depicted a red/pink exploding starburst firework, on a blank/black sky background, that I thought was an absolutely incredible, and AWESOME, card.
:jiggy:

Flag stamps might work as well :unsure:

Great idea, Donna.

I checked my stamps, which I do already have sorted, and I find I have only 2 cat stamps.
I see you allowing wild cats/big cats, in addition to "domestic" cats, so there is hope.
I did have a tiger stamp, but I think I must have already used it, so I am still looking.

I am not signing up for this month due to lack of cat stamps, but I will keep checking.
The U.S. ran some "shelter animals" stamps that included some cats back in 2016 so maybe I can find some.

"Lurking"

I remember that you created an ATC of a sexy lady, wearing a colorful dress, made out of 8 or 9 stamps, all the same stamp, a postage stamp that depicted a red/pink exploding starburst firework, on a blank/black sky background, that I thought was an absolutely incredible, and AWESOME, card.
:jiggy:

Flag stamps might work as well :unsure:

My first thought was ME??? then I remembered. YES< I took stamps and glued them down to a base. And then used a die cut to cut out the shape and I made some fun cats from the flags. I do realize that my creations, are not a whole Cat stamp but cat shape. Just enjoy the eye candy.

I still have a photo of the cats in my flickr.

I found it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/38366050@N07/44922078691/in/dateposted/

I also found I have a lot of photos of my dogs and cats in my flickr account.

another https://www.flickr.com/photos/38366050@N07/43110183740/in/photostream/

ok just one more https://www.flickr.com/photos/38366050@N07/44922089451/in/photostream/

Last edited:
Great idea, Donna.

I checked my stamps, which I do already have sorted, and I find I have only 2 cat stamps.
I see you allowing wild cats/big cats, in addition to "domestic" cats, so there is hope.
I did have a tiger stamp, but I think I must have already used it, so I am still looking.

I am not signing up for this month due to lack of cat stamps, but I will keep checking.
The U.S. ran some "shelter animals" stamps that included some cats back in 2016 so maybe I can find some.

"Lurking"

Oh VICKI you have come to the right place, the stamp hoarders lounge. I will send you some, I mean many! Look at the list and tell me if you need any other themes. I can Mail Saturday and if you decide not to join, no biggie, have fun with them.

welcome catladybj

JenUrebel - hope you can find enough stamps to join us

castleQueen5 - thanks for helping out vickiZ (hope you will come back and join us)

As the list is made from my stamp collection if you plan ahead I can probably send people some of my collection, too.

I'd love to jump in and out. Off the top of my head I don't recall having any cat stamps, and I just received an order of 500+ world stamps. But I'll go through them and look for big cats and also check out the current stamps at the PO since I need to get some soon anyway.
Lurkin' for now. :wub:

welcome pouringdiva

plumhill2001 - if you find that you don't have any cats you could see if CastleQueen5 could send you some. It is too late for me to send you any for Cats but, feel free to ask for any of the other themes. Hope you find some to play with

welcome pouringdiva

plumhill2001 - if you find that you don't have any cats you could see if CastleQueen5 could send you some. It is too late for me to send you any for Cats but, feel free to ask for any of the other themes. Hope you find some to play with

Thanks Donnacr! I think I'll sit this one out, but I'll try to stay in the loop for upcoming swaps. :)

Back
Top Bottom