Winter Tomtens and Gnomes ~ Due February 5th

Marie

Marie
Media
Swap Due Date - February 5, 2020
Signup/withdraw date - none
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 24

Tomtens and gnomes seem to be everywhere this year! They're cute, helpful, friendly, fun and they seem to be legendary as well. But what exactly is a tomten? A mythological, Scandinavian sprite who generally is found on a farm. They are short (not above 3 foot) have a large, usually red pointed hat on their head. They traditionally wear ragged clothes in dull colors like navy or grey. They also tend to have long bushy beards and mustaches, most often white. They are a much like a Christmas/winter gnome and both are welcome here.

For this swap we will have two groups: a HD/HP Group and a Collage Group. Please indicate which group you'd like to be in... or both. If you join both groups you will need to send 3 cards for each group, no mixing. I will exchange like media only.

What should my card contain?

A tomten or gnome. Doing something. You can put them in a farm, a family home, out in a winter scene, with an animal or unaware human, asleep in a tree…..whatever inspires you! They can be realistic, whimsical, closeups of faces or in landscape scenes.

Samples:
By Marie, Raek75, VickiZ, Feltlikeit7 and Haagmm
View attachment 211250 ~ View attachment 211251 ~ View attachment 211268 ~ View attachment 211269 ~ View attachment 211267

Card Rules

1. Standard size with straight edges that are not flimsy or extra thick.
2. No heavy or bulky embellishments.
3. Cards must be fully drawn, colored and completed in some way ...no 'blank card' backgrounds.
4. Please include your username, real name and the swap name on the back of your cards.
5. Host cards are not required but will be treasured should you wish to include one.

Postage info

1. Please PM me when you are ready for my address to send your cards.
2. Please enclose a large return address label.
3. You may enclose an envelope if you like but it is not required.
4. International players please send either $2 USA or contact me to pay via paypal.

When you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader and Rep Points. I'll paste a link to player's first posts to make it easy to leave you rock points.

Who wants draw and paint tomtens?

1. Terri F. Link Received ~*
2. jing - link Received ~*
3. miss link Received ~*
4. aginghippychic link Received ~*
5. AmeBee link Received ~*
6. Plumhill2001 link Received ~*
7. TrinaLD link Received ~*
8. artbyme link Received ~*
9. jo.on.the.go link Received ~*
10. CMontalvo link Received ~*
11. AncientPlanter link Received ~*
12. Suzi - link Received ~*

Who wants to collage tomtens?

0. Marie link
1. CastleQueen5 link Received ~*
2. aginghippychic link Received ~*
3. Suzi - link Received ~*
4. BlueSkyHare link Received ~*
5. Donnacr link Received ~*
6. Vicki Z link Received ~*
7. CMontalvo link Received ~*
8. jheuser - link Received ~*

Last edited:
Welcome CQ! Glad you’re here. I’ll add you right now. Yay!

No house shaped cards please. The example is an adorable gnome card ... as an idea... but if you did a house it would still need to be on a standard 2.5 x 3.5 card. You could fill in scenery to complete a card with a house on it.

Thanks Marie! Here is my second set of cards (I had the day off today, so I am "arting" away!)
Faux Quilt Tomten and Perched

View attachment 211327

Great cards, I do find the More geometric one to be very clever. Alas, I am in the mixed media group. And so far all alone. I am sure that will change soon. I have a gnome stamp set. SOMEWHERE!! probably in my PEOPLE drawer of stamps. People, fairies angels etc all in one drawer, so I suspect the Gnomes are in there.

Back
Top Bottom