Vintage/Victorian Valentines, Due February 7, 2020

Kimberly, you did get excited! Love the ones you’ve done so far! When I finish up cards for the fabric swap and the angel swap, I can start on mine.

I got excited (did I mention how much I love Valentines!?) and I've made three so far: 1 Victorian and 2 Vintage. I will probably do the 6 for 6 option (plus a hostie for the incredible Vicki Z). Please let me know if these don't fall in line with what you're wanting for this swap.

View attachment 211605

SPECTACULAR cards.
They are perfect.

Mine are done and will go out in tomorrow's mail:

View attachment 211658

Your cards are gorgeous!
LOVE the lace....love the images.

I see George and Martha Washington, and Romeo and Juliet, and perhaps another George and Martha, and one I am not sure of, although it seems to be about roses, and contains a poem or quote.......

FAB cards. I cannot wait to see them in person.

Last edited:
That’s just what they used in the Victorian era, AngelJoy. It was called paper lace and was obviously not laser-cut back then, but hand cut, and must have been very time consuming! That’s what I want to do for my cards too, if I can find some paper doilies with a more open look.

That’s just what they used in the Victorian era, AngelJoy. It was called paper lace and was obviously not laser-cut back then, but hand cut, and must have been very time consuming! That’s what I want to do for my cards too, if I can find some paper doilies with a more open look.

One of our "Paper City" stores was closing, and they had a bunch of paper doilies in round, square, and heart shapes for a dime a pack. I don't know if all the Paper City stores carry these, but it is a chain, and only one of our stores was closing, so if you have this chain near you, you could try them.

I have also seen doilies in the dollar stores, but usually closer to Valentine's Day.

Those are cute, Vicki! I made some similar ones for the Non Tradtional Colored Valentine swap which I will show here (but are not for this swap! just for other reference, if that's okay?)

View attachment 211697

Those cards are GREAT for this swap.
I see they are NOT for this swap, but thank you for posting some great inspiration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom