Media
Word of the year - Due February 19, 2020
Due Date: February 19, 2020
Signup/Withdraw Date: February 10, 2020
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: Open… no heavy/bulky embellishments

Word of the Year 2020

I love the Word of the Year Swap every year here at AFA, and have already been thinking quite a bit about what my 2020 word will be. Have you?

Here’s how it works:

Instead of complex and specific New Year’s Resolutions, you choose simply a personal 'Word Of The Year' (WOTY). A WOTY is a guide…. something that encompasses what you most want for yourself this year. You can search "personal word of the year" on Google to find out more. Additionally, here is a link to our GALLERY WALL from the 2019 WOTY!

For this swap I'd like to focus on our personal Words for 2020. Your cards can either depict your own WOTY or words that you feel would be suitable for someone else. Please post pics if you can to inspire us all. You are free to show any word, in any medium, but keep in mind that they should be mostly positive. Some examples might be courage, create, share, journey, listen, love, experiment, grow, trust, and so on.

Rules
- All cards should be 2.5” x 3.5” on sturdy card stock or better, with straight edges.
- If you prefer to illustrate without visible text, you may list the word on the back of the ATC.
- All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves for protection.
- Send only your best work please... we’ll be looking at it all year!
- Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards.
- Keep cards as flat as possible—NO heavy embellishments.

Postage (United States)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and stamps in the value your cards took to mail to me.

Postage (International)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and $1 (3 cards) or $2 (6 cards) well concealed.

Other Info

Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your cards. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

When your cards arrive to me I will mark 'received' by your name in the sign up roster. I will also notify you in the thread.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. I will include a hyperlink to each players first post to make this quick and easy.

Who would like to choose a WOTY with me?

1. dnewton972 link @}—‘—
2. Annie link
3. lazyshadows link @}—‘—
4. WAHMBrenda link @}—‘—
5. pouringdiva link @}—‘—
6. Terri F link @}—‘—
7. BigBangMomma link @}—‘—
9. sweetangel link @}—‘—
10. zcatlady link @}—‘—
12. Lucie link
13. wildholly link @}—‘—
14. tsallaway link @}—‘—
15.iidajenni - link
16. Wykyd - link @}—‘—

Last edited:
You've got it dnewton972, and you're the first player! Welcome to the WOTY swap! I'll add you now. Have you started thinking what your word might be?

Welcome to you both Annie and lazyshadows! I know, right? I’ve been feeling the WOTY calling vibe for WEEKS... but it was just too early to post it.

Yay Saundra and Terri! So glad you’ve both come! And Saundra, your words are already chosen? Ready to share what they’ll be?
I’ll add you both to the list right now. :)

That’s really cool! It’s always so exciting to learn new things! I’m so happy for you!

I think I’m going with ‘build’. I recently traded CreativeK for a card that really captivated me. It was all text “Ask yourself; does this support the life I am trying to build?” I find myself thinking that question all the time now! I connected with it so strongly that I feel it MUST be my word this year.

That’s great! I’ll be watching for your cards and will let you know when they arrive. :-)

I'd like to play if I may.

My word popped out at me right away. "Hope."

My long time online crafting community is shutting down in a few days. We have currently lost our online home and are building temporary online spaces as our moderators a working hard to build us a new home. We have "hope" we will get a new online home, and we will keep friendships we have build for years--some even a decade and a half.

A lot of us who swap atcs have joined over here, and maybe some of them will join this swap too!

Welcome to AFA BigBangMomma, I have 'hope' that you'll love it here. What a great word choice! I'll add you straight away, and I join you in the hope that friends old and new will find you here. :-)

Mail call: Terri F, your cards arrived today. Great word choices! And the cards themselves are quite beautiful. Thank you for adding a hostie! :)

Back
Top Bottom