Swap due date/withdrawal date - Feb 3
Signup date - Jan 27
Number of cards - 3 for 3
Participants - unlimited
Medium - Hand drawn/hand painted

1f31f
Night Landscapes
1f31f

The days are getting shorter and shorter as we approach the winter solstice - where I live, it's dark well before I leave work. Let's take a look outside and draw some of the darkness: for this swap, we'll create landscapes at night.

Landscape Guidelines:

• Each card needs to have a different nighttime landscape.
  • The landscape can be any type you like - a remote mountain, a spooky forest, a stormy ocean, a country farm, the street where you grew up, a big city, a fantasy mushroom forest, an alien planet, etc.
  • If you love to draw night skies, it's fine to have most of your card be sky, as long as there's a bit of landscape at the bottom.
  • Any style is fine - your landscapes could be realistic, cartoony, abstract, etc. (If you use really abstract colours, just make sure it still feels like night.)
  • If you want to include people or animals in your landscapes, make sure they're small and not the focus of the card.
  • If you've never tried it before, starting with black paper (or painting your card black) can be great for nighttime scenes.
  • No plain white backgrounds - this is nighttime!

Card Guidelines:
  • Cards must be entirely hand-drawn and/or hand-painted.
  • On the back of the card, add both your username and real name (please include both! It makes the swapping/rating process much less complicated). You can also add a title, swap name, date, and any other info you want to include.
  • Make sure your cards are 2.5" x 3.5", and are made from sturdy paper. (If you can easily bend it into a "U", it's too floppy.)
  • As always, I'll do my best to swap effort for effort.
  • Host cards are very appreciated but never necessary!

Mailing:

• Please PM me for my address when you're ready to mail your cards. I live in Canada, so give your cards plenty of time to arrive - most mail from the USA takes about business 5 days, but it occasionally takes longer.
  • To be safe, it's best to mail at least 2 weeks before the deadline if you're outside Canada.
  • Put each of your cards in a plastic sleeve and secure them inside the envelope, either by taping them together or taping them to a card/piece of paper.
  • Include a large, clearly written address label with your address, including your country. (You can send an envelope if you prefer, but don't attach postage to it unless it's Canadian postage.)
  • Important note about returns: mail from Canada typically takes about 2 weeks to arrive internationally (which includes mail to the USA). It can occasionally take significantly longer, more like 4-6 weeks - if you join the swap, make sure you're ok with potentially waiting this long! The cards will still arrive safely despite any delays.

Postage:

• Canada: include a permanent domestic stamp.
  • USA: send $2 via Paypal to cover postage (preferred). Alternatively, you can include a global forever stamp - the round one that looks like a succulent. (I can use these in other swaps.) Please don't send any other type of postage (eg domestic stamps or mitered postage). Don't attach your stamp to an envelope!
  • International: sent $3 via Paypal to cover postage (preferred). Alternatively, a USA global forever stamp works (I can use these in other swaps). If neither of these options works for you, PM me and we can figure out something else.

Confused about postage? Please PM me or post in the thread.

When you've finished your cards, post them to the thread to show them off!

Once you've receive your returns, remember to leave iTrader for the host (that's me!) and "You Rock"s for your swap partners. If you're new to swapping on AFA, I'm happy to explain how this works.

Participants:
0. zilliah
1. redplantlady - received!
2. aginghippychic - received!
3. KaHeD - received!
4. artbymee - received!
5. LindaP - received!
6. snager - received!
7. derakisu - received!

Last edited:
Welcome redplantlady, hope you lurkers will be able to join us :)

Sign me up, please. I still have a few days left of Christmas break before I have to get back to my 5th & 6th graders. I don't think I've done night scenes for ATCs before. New is always good!

Welcome to the swap KaHeD, and hope you're able to join us, TrinaLD!

Back
Top Bottom