Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Continuous Random Round Robins - 11

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Checking in - and I have a question. So these just keep going... there isn't any finish up for the year and start a new list. You just start a new thread when this one reaches it's maximum number of posts, right?

I think that I need to go on homers only for a little bit. Both of my college kids will be home for a month and I loose some of my craft space - plus I don't have as much free time.
    Melissa

Now Hosting: Still in the Mood for Moos! Due 2/15
    And Try Something New 2 Due 3/1

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found a box of kids art in my garage. My kids really dont want it. I havent sorted through it yet. I was looking for my HIGH SCHOOL transcripts for a job. Yes, they needed proof that I graduate from High school and didnt care a bit that I had a college degree.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    I found a box of kids art in my garage. My kids really dont want it. I havent sorted through it yet. I was looking for my HIGH SCHOOL transcripts for a job. Yes, they needed proof that I graduate from High school and didnt care a bit that I had a college degree.

That is a unique way to look at this swap group. I never thought of the year being the reason we move on to 10. or 11.

That was also, I guess, indicate that we had a time Frame in mind. But NOPE we really just start a new thread when we have reach 1000 chatty posts.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Upcycle your kids artwork - now there's a swap for you Heather!!
    Melissa

Now Hosting: Still in the Mood for Moos! Due 2/15
    And Try Something New 2 Due 3/1

5. Likes BluSkyHare liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a unique way to look at this swap group. I never thought of the year being the reason we move on to 10. or 11.

That was also, I guess, indicate that we had a time Frame in mind. But NOPE we really just start a new thread when we have reach 1000 chatty posts.
    Ah! Thanks gals! That answers a question I wasn't even aware I should ask! Lol.
    Good idea, up cycling kids art.
    Oh, and I was wondering if someone might be willing to post pics of some starter cards so I can get some idea of just how started they should be.
    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    Philippians 4:6

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Haagmm View Post
    Upcycle your kids artwork - now there's a swap for you Heather!!

I had 8 kids, but I do think the box is full of the younger 3 stuff. I gave the older 5 there stuff a few years ago. The older ones re 31,30,29, 28. So They have flown the nest at time ago.

I could make a hostess card for 50 people with the JUNK I saved.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by plumhill2001 View Post
    Oh, and I was wondering if someone might be willing to post pics of some starter cards so I can get some idea of just how started they should be.
    The rules state this.

Player 1 starts it off by starting 3 cards. These cards need to be more than a preprinted background. Please put something on them. On the back please put ATCS FOR ALL RANDOM ROUND ROBIN or AFA RANDOM RR at the top (so we know where it came from as there are 2 round robin groups) along with at least your user name. Mail all 3 cards to

I have some starters I am mailing. I will go take some photos.

9. Likes Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok here we go, 2 very different sunflower sets.

This photo has two examples of starter sets

I did an entire abc set of starter sets. The N is just one example. The entire sets are book pages, inked the edges and put the 3 same letters on a starter set.

The other 2 cards in the photo are an example of another starter set I am mailing off. It has embosses music paper on a book page

11. Thanks plumhill2001 thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    But you can make it your own thing. AND just to add umm confusion to your decision. There is an icon for people who are willing to work in VERY dissimilar cards. And an icon if you will work on shaped cards, like coins or houses or tags.

- Will work on any holiday any time, please remember some holidays are country specific
    - Will work on shaped cards
    - Will work on dissimilar cards

Here is an example of my likes/dislikes

CastleQueen5
    Likes: sunflowers, cats, coffee, tea, postage stamps, APCs, butterflies, Men, Fathers, positive female cards, Loves Thanksgiving cards, not other Holidays, Winter, Fall, Religious, vintage, the odd quirky card.
    No: nudes, horror, violence, scary, evil, Wiccan, Halloween, gore, anything embarrassing to kids, Most Holidays, Halloween, Christmas, Easter bunnies and Easter Eggs, pin up girls

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you see how some of my starter sets are a very blank state and some have theme started already? Either way is ok.

I honestly prefer to start with a blank slate, because I love to see what the other come up with.

14. Thanks plumhill2001 thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Several envelopes arrived, will be working on them over the next several days and mail out this weekend
    Hi all, excited to start receiving some coins that I sent out

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you see how some of my starter sets are a very blank state and some have theme started already? Either way is ok.

I honestly prefer to start with a blank slate, because I love to see what the other come up with.
    Yes, I was thinking that the sunflowers looked more like what I would think the player 2 cards would end up like. But I'm relieved to know there's room for individual interpretation. Thanks for all of your help, CQ! You also gave me some good ideas for my likes and dislikes lists.
    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree that the one sunflower card is OVER done. I have the painted paper, and the die cut and then I added the sequins. I am hoping there is room for a border, some words and some accents on the side.

Thinking of that. When I am player 2 or 3. I think about does this need words. OR a theme, or a border or accents? If it has words already I dont add more. I often add borders, words, ink the edges, add things to say the center of a flower. (which I did already to the sunflowers), or I outline or color an object. I most often us a rubber stamped image to the card or a die cut.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    But you can make it your own thing. AND just to add umm confusion to your decision. There is an icon for people who are willing to work in VERY dissimilar cards. And an icon if you will work on shaped cards, like coins or houses or tags.

- Will work on any holiday any time, please remember some holidays are country specific
    - Will work on shaped cards
    - Will work on dissimilar cards

Here is an example of my likes/dislikes

CastleQueen5
    Likes: sunflowers, cats, coffee, tea, postage stamps, APCs, butterflies, Men, Fathers, positive female cards, Loves Thanksgiving cards, not other Holidays, Winter, Fall, Religious, vintage, the odd quirky card.
    No: nudes, horror, violence, scary, evil, Wiccan, Halloween, gore, anything embarrassing to kids, Most Holidays, Halloween, Christmas, Easter bunnies and Easter Eggs, pin up girls
    So, do people expect to receive three fairly similar cards unless they specify they are willing to work on dissimilar ones?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Starters should be the same or at least similar. Also the second and third person on the cards will try to do the same or nearly the same element or addition on those cards.
    Dissimilar sets are usually if someone makes 4 starter cards instead of three a few times. They can put those 4th cards together to create a dissimilar set.
    If you look through the previous thread, you will see many stages of cards posted and you will get an idea of how this works.
    Shirley ~ A View Askew

20. Thanks plumhill2001 thanked this post
    xstitcher is offline Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough already!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    sent another update

angelmuz, kentuckydakota, KiraCat, and Mesektet did not get it
    Hosting: December PAT 2 HD/HP spaces in group 2 just waiting for you to join!!
    Come check out The Continuous Random Round Robin - 11

22. Thanks BluSkyHare, AnitaMac thanked this post
    Silky1150 is offline Make Some Art and Feel Better!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got some envies with homers & 3rds. I have one more itrader to do. Whew that was a lot. All homers have been sent out except for that itrader. I have 3 gorgeous 3rds to finish and I'm ready for more. Love the sunflowers by the way. Nice.

BluSkyHare is offline creating daily soothes the soul
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by plumhill2001 View Post
    Plumhill, my starters are usually just a background because I want the next player to have freedom to interpret the background as they like. I've sent book page backgrounds, painted abstract backgrounds, scrapbook paper, abstract collaged scraps backgrounds as starters.

25. Likes CastleQueen5, plumhill2001 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also like those BSH "just background" cards because they are usually interesting techniques, textures and layers of color, ready to jump start your imagination.
    Shirley ~ A View Askew

27. Thanks BluSkyHare thanked this post
    Likes plumhill2001, BluSkyHare liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    0118stripes.jpg0718blue.jpg0818camel.jpg0918hearts.jpg1118avocado.jpg
    My goodness we've been chatty recently! Must be the new thread.

Thought I'd show some more starters for whoever asked (and really, anyone new, newish or considering jumping in), so you can see the variety.

These five were all done by me - I've tried to get a variety here - the first set is made from reclaimed bits of my kids' artwork (following another theme, lol). The second, froma magazine page, with a piece of washi tape. The third is to make CastleQueen5 laugh - she sent me the three images because she didn't really like them/know how to use them. I put them on a background and sent them to a second player (not her), but the second player actually sent them back to her! The red set again, is an image on top of a bit of leftover art project from my daughter. And the final set is from a paper bag from a Mexican takeaway place. I like to keep mine pretty simple to give lots of space for interpretation. next post will show how these pieces came back to me!
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now hosting: ATC Background Swap, due 16th December
    My APC ad here

29. Likes BluSkyHare liked this post