Postage stamp ATCs - DOGS Due: February 20

Betsyg - your cards are great! I am very partial to your brown, overlapping stamps as it is something that I would do. I have never heard of McGruff - was it a TV show in the US?
I will tell you when they arrive

There was an ad campaign aimed at children in the 1970’s (?) to “take a bite out of crime” with this cartoon dog character. I think some police forces still use the character. There is a guy in the McGruff costume who marches in parades with the police and fire services in the town where I used to live. He tosses candy and high fives the kids.

I’m so glad that people are liking the cards! I didn't have many dog stamps to chose from, I used a lot of dog stamps in an alphabet swap early last year.

I LOVE THAT McGRUFF card!!! That is so creative and cute. I want it pretty bad. (I am preparing myself for the reality of not getting it)

Take a bite out of crime, but what else did he want kids to do? or adults? Lock car door? I also think he was a spokes dog for silent witness. Memory fails me. I really just like how you added it to a big skyscraper background.

Betsyg and CastleQueen5 - thanks for the info on McGruff.

come on Mouseit - you know that you have some dog stamps squirrelled away somewhere, you really do want to play with all us fun people ;)

nanvan - happy to accept your subtle hint, is there a particular card that you would like?

Karr3ll - welcome to the swap and I have to agree with nanvan, those stamps are gorgeous! I will tell you when they arrive

Navan & Donnacr thank you both so much! It actually took me a bit of looking around my craft room to figure out what I wanted to create, but once I had grabbed a bit of this and that... I thought they turned out pretty good :)

Donnacr, I love all of Karr3ll's cards, but if I picked a favourite it would be the one with the little girl laying down snuggling her puppy (has a turquoise background behind her) and there's a little beagle on the left bottom corner. But really, any one of them would be treasured!

Scooby Doo it is for this one! I was going to use the working dogs stamps but have an idea for those in a couple months!! I don’t know why it rotated them. :dull:

I feel very left out - I only have 1 Scooby stamp in my entire collection. :cry:

Haagmm - love your cards! I think my favourite is the one with Scooby's initials behind him (like a super hero's cape)

I have been busy on my cards for this swap and here they are

Thanks for the nice comments on my cards - they basically made themselves once I found the napkin background.

BlancLobo - your gorgeous dogs arrived yesterday. What did you use for their backgrounds? I love the sheen that they all have.
AngelJoy - your very appealing dogs arrived in the same mail. they are all staring at me with their puppy dog eyes, I cannot resist!

Donnacr thanks for letting me know they made it, hope the cats were included in that envelope too! I used Gilding polish for the backgrounds, I love that stuff!

Back
Top Bottom