Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: February 26, 2020
Signup/Withdraw Date: February 19, 2020
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: All media welcome

This swap is based off a line from an unusual, anonymous, medieval poem.

I Saw a Peacock, with a fiery tail,
I saw a Blazing Comet
, drop down hail,
I saw a Cloud, with Ivy circled round,
I saw a sturdy Oak, creep on the ground,
I saw a Pismire, swallow up a Whale,
I saw a raging Sea, brim full of Ale,
I saw a Venice Glass, Sixteen foot deep,
I saw a well, full of mens tears that weep,
I saw their eyes, all in a flame of fire,
I saw a House, as big as the Moon and higher,
I saw the Sun, even in the midst of night,
I saw the man, that saw this wondrous sight.

Notice that there 24 different options with this poem. You can do an individual line, such as a Peacock with a fiery tale. Or, notice the trick; based on the commas, you could also do with a fiery tail, I saw a blazing comet.

Here are two examples:
1_20191225_145732-986x1520.jpg 1_20191225_145655-1393x1059.jpg

Swap Requirements ~
1. Each card must represent a line in the poem.
2. All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
3. This swap is 3 for 3. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.

Other stuff
Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include EITHER a clearly written SASE or a mailing label and stamp.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and I will cover postage.
*Late cards past a day or so will be returned.

*When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. Also, in your rep points, naming which card you received is nice, since people like to know where their artworks end up. Complete below means I've heard from you that you've received your returns.

Participants:
1. withdraw
2. CastleQueen5 - complete
3. NancyL - complete
4. withdraw
5. Javazarf - complete
6. Analise-lafrinier - received
7. withdraw
8. withdraw
9. Hatchetpie - received
10. Bluskyhare - complete
11. withdraw
12. WykedCrafty
13. LemonPie25
14. Jo.on.the.go - complete
15. Joamosatcharterdotnet - received
16. bluemorningglory - complete
17. art_junkie - complete
18. Cindy T - received
19. Sonya - received
20. LuannP - complete

Last edited:
I will lurk. Especially as I have read the poem. all those images will stick in my mind. But just lurking for now.

I love this idea ~ am lurking, but not committing as of yet. I seem to have a problem with commitments lately.

Lurk on Prex -hopefully some of the imagery intrigues you and the other lurkers. Anybody going to try and make a mighty oak creep on the ground? :)

Lurk on Prex -hopefully some of the imagery intrigues you and the other lurkers. Anybody going to try and make a mighty oak creep on the ground? :)

I tried to do an oak creeping, but it looks more like an ENT, but I don't think Giant Ents "creep". They probably more-like "stalk".

LOVE this theme.
Currently lurking.

I have a question on your raging Sea, brim full of Ale ATC.
What are those white "things"?
I thought perhaps cherry blossoms, bc there is a tree on the mountain above them.
Then I thought perhaps hops, but Henry VIII made a VERY CLEAR that Ale does NOT have hops, only beer has hops.
Of course, Henry VIII is more Renaissance period that medieval, so maybe things changed.
But I digress.

LOVE that card!
Well done, Pancake Machine :jiggy:

Thanks Vicki. I was going for sea foam. They are to give the idea of a rough sea. That's the intent at least!

Welcome CQ5! Oh, wolfie- lurk on, but hope you join!

Vickie. I think an ent would be great choice for that card.

The English major and avid history buff in me LOVES this poem! I've made note of it and will try to work on some, but don't sign me up just yet. Still trying to kick my muse in the butt to get artistically working again.

Back
Top Bottom