I saw a peacock with a fiery tale swap, due Feb 26, 2020

I received my cards yesterday or maybe the day before. Has been a long week.
Wonderful returns from HatchetPie, LuannP and Joamosthecharterdotnet.
Thank you all and kudos to our attentive host!

LuAnnP, it looks like we traded oak trees! Your card appears to have a background of watercolor, with micron pen accents, but how did you make the ivy leaves? Did you paint acrylic on top of the dried watercolor?
Good eye, bluemorningglory. The oak tree was one of the very first cards I ever made, and I painted on a ready-made Bristol card. I use thin acrylic paint to get a watercolor look, and you're right, I added the leaves with thicker, heavy-bodied acrylic. I, too, am getting lots of ideas from these trades. I am NOT going to paint on Bristol card again. I now use 140# watercolor paper if I am going to paint. So you will have a rare LuAnnP card <grin> based on its early-in-the-learning-curve creation!

I received my cards the other day. I am having terrible computer problems so I will have to try passing out reps on my phone.
Thanks for hosting pancake machine. And thanks to these artists
LuannP - Peacock
NancyL - Drop down hail
Sonya - vines and clouds

Last edited:
I still have a few swap folks that haven't responded about getting returns, but the majority have responded. I'll close the swap on the first. Lots of fun - thanks for all the great cards!

Back
Top Bottom