AngelJoy

"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Friend of AFA
Swap Due Date - March 2, 2020
Signup/withdraw date - February 26, 2019
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - unlimited
Media: Hand drawn only

Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure swap is based on zentangle patterns found at tanglepatterns.com

The idea of this swap is to make zentangle cards using patterns found at tanglepatterns.com. This swap will be for the letters G, H, and I.

When you go to tanglepatterns.com, you will see a banner across the page about a quarter of the way down that lists the alphabet. Click on the “G” and choose 2 or more different patterns to use for your first card. Then click on “H” to choose 2 or more different patterns to use for your second card. Click “I” and choose 2 or more different patterns for your third card.

You will be making three cards. One will feature patterns beginning with the letter G, the second will feature patterns beginning with the letter H, and the third will feature patterns beginning with the letter I. If you choose to do a host card (not required, but would be treasured!) you can use any pattern(s) you choose (just be sure to list the pattern name on the back of the card).

For example: Card 1, I chose GARLIC CLOVES, GINILI, and GIRDY
View attachment 212178

Card 2, I chose HAF N HAF, HARFE, HEART DIVIDED, and HEARTSTRINGS
View attachment 212179

Card 3, I chose ILANA and IRIEMON
View attachment 212180

These are just examples taken from patterns for each letter; be sure to explore all patterns for each letter and find ones that appeal to you!

Each card should have at least two different patterns featured, but you can do more if you prefer. You can do the patterns you choose in any composition on the cards but be sure that you list the name of each pattern on the back of each card. You can choose to do your cards in black and white (with or without shading) or you can color them in if you want. As long as the patterns come from tanglepatterns.com

· All atc’s should be 2 ½ x 3 ½, in individual plastic sleeves, and sturdy! If you can easily fold it, it is too thin. Please trim your cards so they are neat and tidy! PLEASE do not use just a single piece of card stock – be sure to back them with something sturdy such as tissue box or cereal box material.
· Each card should be different.
· A host card is not required but would be cherished.
· Please be sure to put your username (so we can give credit where credit is due), and location (because we all like to see where our cards came from) and swap name and the name of the patterns you used, on the back of each atc!!
· No communication with no cards will result in a neutral ITrader.

Mailing/Postage
Do not send envelopes. I will provide them. Include a large self-addressed label. I will send you my address when you sign up. I am still in Fairhope, AL, so you may already have my correct address, but I will PM anyway.

US Players: Include one forever stamp.

International Players: I will cover postage for the first 5 international players who join the swap.

When you receive your returns, please don’t forget to leave YouRock! comments for those who created your cards for your collection!! I have made this easy by providing a link on the initial thread. Just click on the name of the person you received the card from, which will pop up one of their thread comments, and then click the YouRock button! When you leave a comment on the YouRock! it’s always nice to let them know which card you received, although it’s not required. Also, if you could, please leave iTrader for me so that I know that you enjoyed participating and that you received your returns!!

My intention (barring any unforseen events) is to keep having these swaps all the way through the alphabet, so hopefully there are fellow Zentangle enthusiasts who will be willing to join in the fun!

If you have any questions, either PM me or post it to the thread (as other people may have the same question!)

So, who wants to join me on the Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure?

0. AngelJoy
1. Suzi -- received 1/14
2. Donnacr -- received 1/25
3. BlancoLobo -- received 1/6
4. Luvchocolate -- received 1/21
5. cmcarli -- received 1/6
6. plumhill2001 -- received 1/14
7. dradford75 -- received 2/28
8. Grebricar -- received 2/28
9. Annie -- received 1/10
10. CherylS -- received 2/11
11. bluemorningglory -- received 1/24
12. Strivaria -- received 2/28

Last edited:
Welcome, Suzi, my first player in this go-around!

Can't miss the next part of this series (especially as I have already finished my 'G' card ;))

Can I suggest that we do tangles that start with a number as the 27th 'letter'? There are quite a few of them now.

Welcome, Donnacr, glad to have you back!

Yes, I had intended to use the "0-9" for the 27th letter. There are some good tangles there, that's for sure! Thanks for the suggestion.

Please sign me up, my cards are on their way already, mailed this morning!

You got it, BlancoLobo, glad you joined us!

Lurk away, plumhill2001, I hope you can play!

Welcome, dradford75, glad to have you join us. I will PM my address.

Those are great plumhill2001! Uploading scans of my creations is my least favorite part of the whole creative process!

Thanks, Suzi, I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Back
Top Bottom