Thread: Urban sketch (on location) postcards hand drawn/hand painted due canceled

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Urban sketch (on location) postcards hand drawn/hand painted due canceled

Hand Drawn/Hand Painted urban sketch postcards swap
    Swap Due Date -4th March

Signup/withdraw date - none but please keep me informed.
    Number of Cards - 2 for 2, 3 for 3 or 4 for 4.
    Number of participants - Unlimited

How cool would it be to trade on location drawn artwork with other members from different locations around the world!

Usually preferring to draw portraits in 2020 I have challenged myself to learn to draw better buildings and outdoor scenes. Specifically I have begun urban sketching, that is sketching/painting scenes from life.
    From wikipaedia- Urban Sketchers has a manifesto which reads:
    1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
    2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.

To sum up- Postcards must be drawn on location from direct observation and not from a photo. However, you may add colour to your sketch at a later date, the initial sketch must be captured at the scene. If possible please add photo proof to the thread (Drawings done on location). I will add a few of my own photos below. Urban sketching is a lot of fun!

For this swap postcards are to be sized 4 x 6 inches. You can submit 2, 3 or 4 postcards and I will swap out for the same number in your returns.

Post Card Rules-
    1. Hand drawn or /hand painted only. No collage, encaustics or embellishments allowed for this swap.
    2. Cards must be 4x6 inches with straight edges, please make sure that they are neither flimsy, or extra thick. Please check and carefully measure your cards before sending.
    3. Please include the location you have drawn, your username and real name on the back of your postcards along with any other info you wish to add.
    4. Host cards will be treasured should you wish to include one but are not required to participate.
    5. Where possible I will exchange effort for effort to the best of my ability and dependant on cards received.

Postage info
    1. The due date is 4th March. Please be mindful that I am in the UK so allow plenty of time for posting to me. Any late cards will be returned to senders. I intend to swap out promptly after due date.
    2. Please pm me when you are ready for my address to send your cards.
    3. Please package your cards carefully to ensure they reach me undamaged, and send in individual plastic sleeves or similar protective covering.
    I will need a large return address label or piece of paper with your address on it, but I will supply my own envelopes.
    4. UK players please send either a first or second class stamp for return postage.
    International players please send either $2 USA for 1-2 postcards, or $3 for 3-4 postcards or contact me to pay via paypal.

I will no longer be sending back returns at my own expense for players who forget to pay, or do not send enough for their returns. If you have multiple returns for more than one of my swaps and want them sending together please discuss with me in advance so I can advise you on the correct price. Thank you for understanding.

A couple of photos of a recent urban sketch I have completed in my local area.-
    IMG_5110a.jpg
    IMG_5113a.jpg

Who wants to play?

Players-
    0 BexMadeMe

Not sure how I attached thumbnails! Anyway that is the start of another sketch of a local statue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BexMadeMe; 01-05-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm lurking for now. I want to get into drawing and painting more, but I'm not very consistent when it comes to *ahem* quality.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's been over a week with no sign ups. If no interest soon I will close this up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like