ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date: March 1, 2020
Withdraw by date: no deadline, just communicate please
Number of Items: 3 for 3
Number of participants: unlimited
Media: Any media is welcome – minimal stickers please

I did this swap last year over the new year and really enjoyed it. I hope some of you who played last year will join again and I hope some new players join as well!!

As adults, we don’t try new things or challenge ourselves as much as we did when we were children. I bet that most of this is due to past failure, worry or insecurities. Kids are always trying different ways to figure things out, making new projects, developing new skills – there are no excuses and minimal limitations in their eyes.

So let’s start 2020 off with a child-like approach to our art! This swap will be a no-judgement zone!

This swap is centered on trying a new style, a new technique, or a new product. Be brave! Since the swap is about trying something new, you may feel like your cards are more like backgrounds than completed cards. Feel free to add a small bit of encouraging advice, a few funny words or a small picture (hdhp or mixed media) but allow the new style, technique or product to remain clearly visible.

Please include the style, technique or product either artistically on the front or on the back of your card.

All mediums and techniques are welcome. Send in your best work, something you would be excited to receive if I sent it to you.

All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” X 3.5” and sturdy. No shaped cards for this swap. Please don’t send flimsy cards that are just a sheet of paper. Back your ATC on heavy cardstock or paperboard (such as a cereal or tissue box).

Cards need to be sent in a plastic sleeve for their protection.

Please include at least the Swap name, your Username, your real name and location and the style, technique or product on the back of each card.

US participants, please enclose a SASE for your returns with one forever stamp on it. If your cards are bulky please consider adding a loose extra ounce stamp to help your cards get to their forever homes.

International participants: please enclose an envelope with your name and address clearly printed on it and a well concealed US Dollar Bill, an International Forever Stamp or I have paypal or Venmo.

When your cards are ready to mail, send me a PM for my address. (I haven’t moved so if you have it from a previous swap- it’s the same!) Please mail your cards early so that they will arrive by the deadline.

When you receive your returns, please leave “you rock” points for the artists whose cards you received, and if you feel that I’ve done a good job as a host, please leave an iTrader for me (haagmm).

So, who wants to try something new?
1. BigBangMamma -cards received
2. Deb2015 -cards received
4. alexrm15
5. WAHMBrenda - cards received
7. dnewton972 -cards received
8. lindaP - cards received
9. aginghippychic -cards received
10. Loladog -cards received
12. artbymee - cards received
13. Mrs.Alderman - cards received
15. Donnacr -cards received
16. Toffee - cards received
17. sweetangel -cards received
18. CiCiCreates -cards received
19. CesariaB -cards received
20. Lucie - cards received
21. LouAnnP - cards received

Last edited:
This sounds like fun. I just got some alcohol inks/distress paint/etc that is brand new to me. This would be a fine place to play with it. May I play, please?

Welcome BigBangMomma!! This is a perfect place to play around with new alcohol inks. That was one of my new media last year and I love the effects!!

lurking...I am STILL really into my distress oxide inks and continue to buy more and use them. Since they are not new, gonna have to be on the look out for a new technique...

I had a text from Joann's for a 60% off today only one item. I of course took it to Michael's since it is closer. I looked for something new to try. I looked at the Jane Davenport stuff. they had collage tissue stuff. I almost bought it but really it is just gluing down her unique napkins. I finally bought some of her blank washi tape, I am going to decorate or make washi tapes. I have never done that before. I have 4 blank sizes.

Welcome!! Wow - I take a weekend off and get lots of new players.

aginghippychic - this is the perfect time to try a new pinterest technique!! I bet we all have at least one board of ideas.

I got a book yesterday from the library that has New ideas for me.

Urgent 2nd class : creating curious collage, dubious documents, and other art from ephemera

It is about creating vintage looking collage stuff.

Loladog- there’s no sign up deadline. The cards aren’t due until 3/1 so you have plenty of time to experiment and send something in!!

Welcome Loladog!!

StitchinWitch - this is the perfect time to give it a go!

Confession time: Last year when I hosted this swap I bought pouring medium to try paint pouring. One year later, it's still unopened. I'm trying to get up the nerve to actually do it this time. I don't know why I'm so skittish.

That’s the “something new” I would be trying, Melissa - paint pouring. I tried it once before, and it wasn’t thin enough to really get it moving around well. I think I was afraid of getting it too runny. Anyway, right now I’m just lurking, but hope to sign up soon.

Quick, sign me up. This is the "poke" I need to finally try the Seth Apler Embossing Powders I have had for at least a year.

I looked up Seth Apler Embossing Powders, I have something like that or maybe it is even that brand. My local Scrapbooking store demonstrated it and I bought some. BUT I was not successful in using them, and not sure why I didnt get the same results. I might pull this out again and try to make them work.

Back
Top Bottom