Postage stamp ATCs - BUTTERFLIES Due: March 20

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: March 20
postage date for non-Australians: Feb 28
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I normally allow 3 weeks when mailing my swaps to anywhere in the world - I suggest you do the same.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with a BUTTERFLY or MOTH on it.

​ALL CARDS MAILED MARCH 20

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps. This is the 3rd in the series.

short of stamps? just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send some to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM CastleQueen5 - she is in the US and has lots of postage stamps to share as well.

April - Transport (road, sea, air) May - People June - Places/scenery July - Flags August - Marine (fish, other sealife and plants) Sept - Land animals (not cats, dogs or butterflies) Oct - Flowers/trees Nov - Household items/food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc) Dec - Christmas

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design, or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hands by Mar 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, ti took up to 3 weeks to reach me so your returns may take up to 3 weeks to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to $3.20 so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 or a Global Forever stamp

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" X2"). I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work
- I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your card (so you can get fun rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In return I encourage you to give iTrader host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS
0. donnacr -returned
1. nanvan - returned
2. Betsyg - returned
3. Haagmm - returned
4. Suzi - returned
5. Mouseit - withdrew
6. BlancoLobo - returned
7. Laffqueen - returned
8. jo.on.the.go - returned
9. AngelJoy - returned
10. Seascape131 - returned
11. Karr3ll - received
12. CastleQueen5 - returned
13. Fandanie - returned
14. TrailRider - returned
15. Rachml - returned
16. JenUrebel - returned
17. pouringdiva - withdrew
18. anjen - returned
19. Silky1150 - received
20. AmySi - returned
21. spicecat - received

Last edited:
Sign me up for the butterflies please, I will have my cards done and in the mail soon! Well they are already done I just need to mail them!

Beautiful cards, Laffqueen! The blue one with the cityscape almost tells a story and I love the way you used the washi tape with the eyes on the 2nd card - all are very unique and special!

This swap isn't supposed to be loaded until later today (according to my pencilled notes) - I only started it so I had somewhere to put nanvan's gorgeous cards.

WELCOME to all of you - thanks for joining me in the next instalment of this series.

For those who are tempting me with their glorious creations don't forget to tell me when you mail so that I know when to look out for them. (Laffqueen - my favourite is the bottom left with all the oranges and browns)

Please sign me up.

I was afraid that I would need to drop before I even signed up: About four weeks ago when I was soaking dogs and cats, I also did butterflies. Well, today (and yesterday) I couldn't find the butterflies - I had them drying on paper towels and today I had the terrible thought that I had tossed out the butterfly towel. After looking through my 16 shoe boxes of ATC stuff (I'm sure I am not the only one with a collection like that), I was ready to give up. I just now discovered them in a separate pile on my desk that I was mentally calling "stuff to make cards". So...I want to join the fun.

Laffqueen - I will tell you when they arrive

welcome jo.on.the.go and AngelJoy. Jo - I have done exactly the same thing, so frustrating!

Well tonight I dug through my postage stamps and was disappointed and surprised to find only 3 butterfly stamps (the old non-machinable US ones). Does anyone have any extra butterfly stamps that they might send me? I’d be happy to reimburse postage or send anything from my stash that you might be short on.

Back
Top Bottom