Inspired by Modern Art Swap: Hand Drawn/Hand Painted/Origami/Sew: Due April 10, 2020

sarat

Still dreaming...
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap due date: April 10, 2020

Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of participants: 25 maximum

Inspired by Modern Art Swap—Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol, Henri Matisse and/or Georgia O’Keefe. Hand Drawn/Hand Painted/Origami/Sewing. Due April 10, 2020

Another inspired swap. This time it is Modern Art. The above artists represent Cubism, Pop Art, Fauvism, and Modernism. These artists generally from the years 1860’s-1970’s threw aside the traditions of the past and experimented.

You can try one artist or several. The idea is to be inspired by their style, message, genre.
Make three different inspired cards. The style and medium can be the same for all three or you can mix it up as you choose.

Medium: Hand-drawn or painted, sewing, origami, hand-made stamp, etc. No collages, stickers, digital or photography. Handmade art cards only. Check with me if in doubt about your medium. Make something that would be hard for you to give up.

Use your artistic skills and feel free to use your imagination and unique style. All cards must be original (i.e., no prints or copies).
Most of all---Have fun!!!

Requirements:
*All cards should be standard 3.5” X 2.5” and at least one layer of card stock.
*Cards should be flat enough to fit in plastic sleeves.
*Send cards in plastic sleeves.
*Withdraw early if you can’t do the swap, late cards may be returned if they can’t be swapped out.
Mailing and postage:
*PM me for my address when you are ready to send cards.
* Make sure your user name, location and swap name appear on the back of your ATC’s.
*Include your username on your SASE.

* International participants: I will pay postage for first 10 players. Please include a SASE.
*US participants: Include a stamped self-addressed envelope or stamps

Returns: When you receive your returns, please leave itrader for me and rep points for players.
An extra card for the host is always appreciated but not required.

1. StitchinWitch: USA:Withdrew
2. HazardGal: USA: Received
3. Smyrrh:USA:Withdrew
4. CMontalvo:USA:Received
5. Blueangel: USA--Received
6. Redplantlady:UK--Received
7. Essy: USA--Received
8. Mushu: USA--Received
9. Artbymee: USA--Received
10. Bluemorningglory: USA:Received
11. Bunnymther:USA: Received
12. Marrae: USA==Withdrew
13. TrinaLD: USA:Received
14. Sunderance: USA:Withdrew
15. LuAnnP: USA: Received
16. AmySi: USA:Received
17. Casivonmir: Belgium:Withdrew
18. Jan: USAWithdrew
19. spineofafish: USA: Received

Last edited:
Can you clarify? Do you want us to use Modern Art as inspiration? Or only the four artists you mentioned as inspiration?

Those 4 artists represent different aspects of the Modern art movement ie cubism, pop art, fauvism, modern art. The idea is to be inspired by some or all of and then interpret as you like. I think of it as a broad range--one might not even be able to identify a particular artist. Does that help and make sense? They are to be hand drawn, hand painted, origami, sewing, etc. Hope it works for you and you join in.

Back
Top Bottom