ALTERED p o s t a g e s t a m p swap - Due March 20

mwilding

no art too small
Media
Swap Due Date: Friday, March 20
Withdraw Date: none - please communicate
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of participants: 20 (this is my second swap)
Medium: Open Media : hd/hp and/or mixed media of any kind

Join me in creating miniature postage works of art!

Guidelines for this swap are: see if one of these techniques will be fun for you:

* Cutting, pasting, or otherwise altering postage stamp(s) to create an atc
* Using a single postage stamp face and adding the body, background, etc to make a new person
* Painting/drawing a face, and adding postage stamps for details such as clothing, hair, etc.
* Use just postage stamps to create a recognizable person, place, animal, or object

Please look at the examples below!

Card Guidelines:

* Each card must be a standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches
* Send only original art, not reprints.
* No embellishments, please. Layered paper only.
* Make sure the cards are sturdy, and are backed if too flimsy.
* Label the back of each card with the swap name, date, your username, your real name and location.

Mailing Guidelines:

* Simply send one forever stamp, and a label with your mailing address, with the returns.
* Please use only washi tape, or painter's tape, so the tape doesn't ruin the plastic sleeve.
* Please leave i-trader for me, and you rock comments for your return artists.
* Please pm me for my new address

I will try my best to trade effort for effort in this swap. Cutting and pasting small stamps can be time
consuming, and i understand this.

here are examples - the first 2 are mine, the others are from pinterest "altered postage stamp atcs"

IMG_2603.jpgIMG_1979.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 11.44.11 AM.jpg this is a great example of mosaic postage stamp art

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 11.37.52 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-01-25 at 11.45.04 AM.jpg

please let me know if you would like some stamps to get started.

mwilding
1. essy
2. donnacr
3. spottedcrow
4. joamosatcharterdotnet
5. castlequeen5 - withdrew
6. ksj1717
7. plumhill2001
8. karr311
9. nanvan
10. lucie
11. angeljoy
12. mandaloolee
13. catladybj - withdrew
14. fandanie
15. ancientplanter
16. laffqueen
17. mibookwrangler
18. sweetgypsy
19. jenurebel

Last edited:
I am fascinated with the girl with the postage stamp skirt but feel that life size stamps would be too big. Would it be all right if I made a collage of stamps, then scanned and reduced it for her skirt?

I have lots of other ideas - sign me up, please.

welcome essy! and donncr! glad to have you!!

i agree that life size stamps could be too big ... you are welcome to cut them down, if that would work.
i think that any way you want to alter postage stamps is fine.

some stamps are kind of boring, and colorful, and could be used as mostly color and design.
but, there are stamps that are amazing works of art, that could be played with.

it will be fun to see how everyone's interpretation of this turns out! post photos, if possible.

donnacr, your ideas and photos are welcome!

Last edited:
I would like to Lurk for now. I will go through my Postage stamps Collection (that is saying Please Play with us) and see what I may be able to Create :)

i found one more example that involves using stamps, minus the white edges, which have been cut off..

this makes the stamps smaller, and has an interesting look to it, for clothing, accessories, etc.

i tried to add an example, but i have reached my limit!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom