ALTERED p o s t a g e s t a m p swap - Due March 20

plumhill2001, please don't despair! i tossed a few cards, before i felt happy with the end result. i started with very simple drawings and i tried to make the stamps the focal point on these cards:

IMG_2014 (1).jpg i call this "bird on a wing"
IMG_2015 (1).jpg i call this "frida/buddha"

i will try more birds, i think that animals lend themselves to this technique.

Got #2 done! :)
Like your cards! I think I'll try something with animal cards, too! :)

I call these two "Dance" and "Nude in a Summer Frock", lol. It was kind of challenging to get the dress to cover her!

Last edited:
plumhill2001, i love your cards! the "nude in a summer frock" is my fave! i love how you altered the postage stamp.. they are both great!

if anyone wants to share any tips, please do! i couldn't do this without tracing paper.

plumhill2001, i love your cards! the "nude in a summer frock" is my fave! i love how you altered the postage stamp.. they are both great!

if anyone wants to share any tips, please do! i couldn't do this without tracing paper.

Wish I had thought of tracing paper! It would have made it a lot easier! :rolleyes:

well, plumhill2001, you did a terrific job without it! it does help with layering, though!

actually, i lightly tape the pieces of the stamps to the tracing paper shape, then cut the stamp and tracing paper together.
i used to eyeball the shapes, but this seems to be way more precise. i still make wrong cuts, but then i use scotch tape on the back to put the pieces back together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom