Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Februray 5x7 Canvas Board Trade

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Februray 5x7 Canvas Board Trade

NEW COMMENTS IN BLUE - PLEASE READ!

Deadline to sign up: CLOSED -Please come back in March!
    Mail-by date (try to mail by this date): 24 February
    Deadline to get to your partner: 29 February
    Open Theme, HD/HP or Mixed Media (You do not need to make something based on your partner’s profile, so you are allowed to work on it before partners are assigned.)
    Substrate: 5x7 canvas board.

HOW TO JOIN and RULES:
    ~Players have until evening (U.S. Central time) on 8 February to sign up. I will then assign partners the following day. (U.S. Central time.)
    ~Players MUST be able to commit; you cannot withdraw after partners are assigned. Please, no negative iTraders in last 6 months, no Neutrals in last 3 months.
    ~Players must PM their partners and trade addresses once they have been assigned.
    ~Communicate delays to your partner. If you know you will be out of town during this month, PLEASE let your partner know about it so that they aren't left wondering if you flaked. A simple "Don't worry if you hear from me at some point, as I will be out of town for a week" is enough. For safety and security reasons, they don't need the exact dates or the reason why you are out of town.
    ~Similarly, if you know that you won't be able to make or mail the canvas until towards the end of the month, let your partner know. This way they won't have to wonder if they will get a canvas or not. If at all possible, make and mail the canvas earlier, so that there won't be any delays in your partner receiving their canvas.
    ~Keep your partner and the thread posted on when the canvas was mailed. Let your partner and the thread know when you have received your partner’s canvas.
    ~International players welcome – so just be aware that if you get an international partner, then it may cost more to mail the canvas, and it will also take longer to reach your partner.

CREATING THE CANVAS
    ~Open medium on 5x7 canvas board. (Can be HD/HP, mixed media)
    ~You can start canvases early or wait to be assigned a partner – you do not have to make something based on your partner’s profiles, but you certainly are welcome to do that if you want to make it a little more special.
    ~If you can, we would just love it if you can post a picture of the canvas you made after your partner receives it! (Not before…we don’t want to spoil the surprise!)
    ~Consider coating your canvas with a clear protective coating designed for artwork to help protect it on its journey. Definitely do this if you use mediums like pencils, charcoal or chalk pastels.

MAILING THE CANVAS
    ~Canvases should be mailed early enough to make it into your partner’s hands before the last day of the month.
    ~The U.S. postal service will give you a tracking number with no extra charge when you mail the canvas. Please give this tracking number to your partner as proof the canvas has been mailed. (We have had canvases take the scenic route before, so tracking really helps to make sure they don't get too lost.)

ETTIQUITE RULES
    ~Do not join if you aren’t sure that you can commit to making a canvas. We understand that life doesn’t always follow the rules, so if something unexpected happens, PM your partner and work it out with them.
    ~Communicate, communicate, communicate! You MUST PM your partner if you aren’t able to meet your deadline. No communication WILL RESULT IN NEGATIVE iTRADERS! No one likes giving those out, so please, if you are delayed for whatever reason, just let your partner know ahead of time.

iTRADER
    ~Positive iTrader = given to your partner when you receive your canvas. I, as the host, do not get an iTrader.
    ~Negative iTrader = no canvas by the deadline and no communication.

Who would like to play? (And please help spread the word - the more players we have, the better!)

Color legend:
    MAILED - RECEIVED

1. Kristenb710 -- Fandanie
    2. Ruthe -- PaintedChairs
    3. Fandanie -- Kristinb710
    4. PaintedChairs -- Ruthe
    5. CiciCreates -- Zhouzhou
    6. Prex -- Foxglove
    7. Zhouzhou -- CiCiCreates
    8. Foxglove -- Prex
    Last edited by Foxglove; 03-06-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please count me in for this month!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up for February.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up too.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back! I have you all signed up!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am seriously considering signing up this month, but I do have a little issue. I will always mail my canvas in a Manila envelope, not necessarily padded, and would like my partner to do the same. I have never personally understood why some traders like to mail their canvases “naked”. They can easily be damaged, and even something minor is disappointing and may not have happened if it was in an envelope. I once received a canvas mailed naked that the varnish was still slightly tacky and it arrived with little fuzzy areas on it. Is it ok to make this request?
    Now Hosting: Charmed, I'm Sure! Mail Art Swap; Orange and Yellow Flowers ATC Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use to mail mine "naked". I now prefer to mail them in a Manila envelope. It eliminates any worry about having it damaged during delivery. Pretty depressing to spend time creating something you want to share with someone else only to have it messed up before they receive it.

8. Thanks CiCiCreates thanked this post
    Likes CiCiCreates liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up. Thank You.
    “The only real valuable thing is intuition.” Albert Einstein

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CiciCreates, thank is a very good question - I can't force anyone to mail one way or the other, however, I will ask all the participants which way they plan to mail the canvas, and I can make sure your partner is someone who will mail it in an envelope. Will that work for you? I *think* most people mail in an envelope, though I just received my first 'naked' canvas.

Welcome back, Painted Chairs!

Could those who have signed up please post how you mail your canvas - envelope or naked?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much Foxglove, yes, I would like to sign up. You can put "E" by my name.
    Now Hosting: Charmed, I'm Sure! Mail Art Swap; Orange and Yellow Flowers ATC Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’d like to join this month
    Available ATCs and Coins

Etsy shop: CreativeExpByJen

YouTube: Jen's Creative Explorations

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Prex! Do you send your canvases in an envelope or do you send them naked?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to sign up this month, please! I will be mailing in an envelope.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back, Zhouzhou! I will get you added!

16. Thanks zhouzhou thanked this post
    Likes zhouzhou liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    In an envelope
    Available ATCs and Coins

Etsy shop: CreativeExpByJen

YouTube: Jen's Creative Explorations

18. Thanks Foxglove thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Envelope
    “The only real valuable thing is intuition.” Albert Einstein

20. Thanks Foxglove thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is coming naked!!! I love the journey and the stamps that come on the board! I drill holes to make them into books and the ones that I receive that have been protected seem to lack a little extra “umph” for some reason... please give me a “naked” partner if possible

I’m feeling fungi-ish this month if anyone feels the same!

22. Likes Foxglove liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    .... plus I loved the shocked looks of appreciation and awe from our wonderful mail carrier friends when it’s dropped off at the post! So fun!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh...I don't get to see the mail carrier's reaction...I bet it brightens their day a little bit, though!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am writing people's mailing habits in my tracker, and will delete it from the main list. I realized that it may come across as singling people out, and I don't want to do that!

Is there anyone else who would like to join? Tomorrow is your last day. I would like to assign partners tomorrow night or early on Sunday (U.S. Central Time.)