Marie
Media
Swap Due Date: April 22
Signup/Withdraw Date: April 10
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: HD/HP
Squiggle Swap—What Do YOU See?

Several years ago I bought a desktop page-a-day calendar with a squiggle on every page. The idea was to doodle an image every day using the squiggle as an integral part of your drawing. Just about everyone has played this game at some time to entertain a child, yes? Well, I’ve enjoyed that calendar immensely, but I’ve never finished it..(think October)….. or the kakuro calendar either… but I digress. Lately I’ve been wondering how a group of artistic sorts might see different images stemming from the same squiggle.

As soon as this swap goes live I will post seven squiggle starting points. You may choose the ones that speak to you and either print them or redraw them to create your own squiggle prompt. This is really fun if you get into it. You may complete your image as a line drawing or you may sketch around it and add color/paint if thats what you see. Let your imagination flow! The point is to relax and enjoy creating.

Rules

- All cards should be 2.5” x 3.5” and sturdy, with straight edges.
- All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves.
- Each card must feature a DIFFERENT squiggle.
- You may decrease squiggle size by ½ if you desire but no more. (We’re not looking for a series of ladies with squiggly earrings.)
- Please leave your squiggle BOLD/BLACK enough that we can see it.
- There is no up, down or sideways. Flip the squiggle in any direction that makes sense to you.
- No zentangle please.
- Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards.
- Please keep cards flat—these are images only… NO EMBELLISHMENTS
- Host cards are never required, but I would definitely cherish any you send! Any squiggle is fine here... even if you have already used it on another card.

Postage (United States)

Please include a SASE or a large address sticky label and a forever stamp for 3 cards… add an additional ounce or second stamp for 6. I’m glad to provide the envelope if you prefer. ;)

Postage (International)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and $1 (3 cards) or $2 (6 cards) well concealed.

Other Info

Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your cards. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

When your cards arrive to me I will mark 'received' by your name. I will also notify you in the thread.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. I will imbed each name in the roster with a hyperlink to make this part easier. I will also leave iTrader for each of you.

The Squiggles:

1. View attachment 214067 2. View attachment 214068 3. View attachment 214069 4. View attachment 214070 5. View attachment 214071

There are two more in post #3.

Who wants to get their SQUIGGLE on?

1. CiCiCreates ~*link @ Received
2. AliasKateLiza ~* link @ Received
3. Onaki ~* link withdrawn
4. An. M. Sudyka ~* link @ Received
5. Terri F ~* link @ Received
6. zCatLady ~* link - withdrawn
7. lazyshadows ~*link unable to mail
8. zhouzhou ~* link @ Received
9. cmcarli ~* link @ Received
10. huddlestonmollie ~* link withdrawn
11. sweetangel ~* link withdrawn
12. theweavershand ~* link @ Received
13. artbymee - link @ Received
14. 3moffday2 - link @ Received

Last edited:
What a great idea! Please sign me up, can’t wait to see the squiggles to choose from.

The site only allows 5 images in the swap description, so I’ll add the others here.

6. View attachment 214072 7. View attachment 214073

You can turn them any direction, size them anywhere from actual to 1/2 size and place them anywhere on the front side of the card. They don’t have to be centered. :)

Last edited:
Welcome, AliasKateLiza. I also have many fond memories of this game playing with my daughters. I still have a few from their young days tucked into various books around the house. Always smile when I find one. :) Good times! I’ll get you on the list right away.

Sure thing Onaki! I’ll also answer some of your questions here for everyone’s benefit. :)

The squiggle needs to be bold black so we can see it, anything else can be pen, paint, marker, pastels, etc. we just need to see the squiggle it came from.
There are 7 squiggles provided to choose from, and every card should use a different one. So you have choices and and aren’t stuck needing to use a squiggle that doesn’t inspire you at all. I started on one yesterday so hopefully I’ll be able to post it here later as an example. :)

On no Donna! We’ll figure it out. :) You can’t select the image and save it to your computer? I can email them to you if that would help? Or post them to the gallery... Is anyone else having this problem? Chime in. :)

Brilliant idea zhouzhou! Let me see if I can figure out how to convert to .pdf. I can also email the images directly to anyone who wants them.

You’ve got it lazyshadows. I’ll add you now. You should be able to save the images to your computer and just print them off, then use or trace. But I can also email them to you directly if you like. Just PM me your email address. :)

Back
Top Bottom