Postage stamp ATCs - TRANSPORT Due: Apr 20

My cards for this theme

1_transportation_for_AFA.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I do think I like the FLY in red, with the airplane, because I like how it brings in the red onto canceled stamp. I also liked the stuff I added to the bottom. Sewn paper on a strip from a swap on swapbot. I had fun and made a bunch of the sewn strips.

I also really like the Sailboat card. I like the stamp a lot, and I like the words.

That motorcycle stamp was pretty unique and I was so happy with how well it went on a card with the fun rowdy words.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I do think I like the FLY in red, with the airplane, because I like how it brings in the red onto canceled stamp. I also liked the stuff I added to the bottom. Sewn paper on a strip from a swap on swapbot. I had fun and made a bunch of the sewn strips.
I also really like the Sailboat card. I like the stamp a lot, and I like the words.
That motorcycle stamp was pretty unique and I was so happy with how well it went on a card with the fun rowdy words.

GREAT cards, CQ5.
I think I like the FLY card best, and you are correct in that the word FLY brings out the red on the cancelled stamp.
LOVE the stuff you added to the bottom. The sewn paper strip is very cool.
My Mandarin is really rusty, but I am pretty sure the text says that card NEEDS to come to ME.
Of course, Donna is probably better with her Asian translations, but at least I asked.

GREAT cards, CQ5.
I think I like the FLY card best, and you are correct in that the word FLY brings out the red on the cancelled stamp.
LOVE the stuff you added to the bottom. The sewn paper strip is very cool.
My Mandarin is really rusty, but I am pretty sure the text says that card NEEDS to come to ME.
Of course, Donna is probably better with her Asian translations, but at least I asked.

I bet you are correct. OR it might read, eat more chicken. You never know, Just be careful if you decide to get it on a tattoo.

The sewn strip was from a swap on swapbot. We watched a video and then made the strips. I made more than I needed for the swap, and just started finding ways to use them.

Last edited:
I bet you are correct. OR it might read, eat more chicken. You never know, Just be careful if you decide to get it a tattoo.

The sewn strip was from a swap on swapbot. We watched a video and then made the strips. I made more than I needed for the swap, and just started finding ways to use them.

One of my co-workers has a t-shirt that is sooooo cool with very pretty Mandarin writing.
She can't wear it to (real) work, but she wears it whenever we do volunteer work, so I see it quite often.
She has always told everyone it is a bunch of very positive statements like respect the planet, or grow green, or be kind, or save the whales.
We just has someone join our volunteer group that actually is fluent Mandarin, and he says it is a train schedule.
Bummer!!!!!
I liked her story better.

welcome to all the people who have signed up/ returned since my last welcome.

Please keep telling me which cards you would like - it makes my job really easy that way and I know that everyone is happy with their returns.

Here are my cards:

View attachment 213106 View attachment 213107 View attachment 213108

Riverboat, about 1820 - Fort Snelling, Minnesota is located at the confluence of Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers; Soldiers fought at the fort during the Indian Wars

Sailing - the stamp features a painting by artist Edward Hopper

Starship Enterprise

I like the sailboat card Jo has made. I also like the Star Trek card, and I am not even a big FAN, only a small fan. But the card is very appealing.

And the rest:

View attachment 213109 View attachment 213110
View attachment 213111 View attachment 213112

Bicycle

Boston Tea Party - December 16, 1773; Boston Harbor, Massachusetts; "No taxation without representation"

Centenary of Powered Flight in Australia - The stamp commemorates the first powered flight in Australia; the painted image is of George A. Taylor who was the first man in Australia to fly an un-tethered heavier-than-air craft

Haida Ceremonial Canoe - Haida are Pacific northwest Native Americans; the background depicts Haida art

I really like the Bicycle one too. I like the perspective of the bike with the stamp. That is a sign of an artist eye, Jo's artist eye not mine.

Donnacr, how do you keep track of LIKES? When the envelope comes in, if the artist has posted photos, I go to the photos and read the comments after that post. Then I write notes on the envelope. I am sure there is a better way. Post it notes have also work on each card.

Here are my cards:

View attachment 213106 View attachment 213107 View attachment 213108

Riverboat, about 1820 - Fort Snelling, Minnesota is located at the confluence of Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers; Soldiers fought at the fort during the Indian Wars

Sailing - the stamp features a painting by artist Edward Hopper

Starship Enterprise

Jo, I'm so glad I read CQ's comments - made me look again at your beautiful cards. I love Edward Hopper and had no idea he ever painted a sailboat - beautiful! And I agree with Heather - your bicycle card is really great and great perspective!

welcome Bishopsmate - with the swaps listed for the rest of the year and this one we should give your stamp tin quite a sort out.

CastleQueen5​ - I use a proforma for all my swaps which I found somewhere on this site when I first started to Host YEARS ago (see thumbnail)
You can see how I mark received cards if you look at Karr3ll's slot and in the space next to nanvan you will see that I have written 'Laffqueen'.
That means that Laffqueen has requested one of nanvan's cards.
If nanvan had requested one of Laffqueen's cards I would have included the name of the card requested in that space.

I am OCD and love lists and cross-referencing so this works for me. I take my information from comments in the thread and keep up to date as the thread grows.
This is the first swap that I have had 2 people ask for the same card but they had alternatives so it was easily sorted. Otherwise I will treat requests just like I do trades in an Athon and the first person to ask gets the card.

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:
Interesting proforma, Donna.
Thanks for sharing.

My transport cards are in the mail.
I sent 6, plus a hostie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom