Artist of My Heart - Open Media Due April 3

Wykyd

ATC Novice
Media
Swap Due Date: April 3
Signup/Withdraw Date: None just please communicate
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 30 - this is my third swap!
Media: Open Media (no digital)
Swap Name : Artist of My Heart

Details
Whether it is Frida, Vincent or Dali, show us your favorite artists! You can draw or paint a portrait of them, create a work inspired by them, or share a quote of theirs in a creative way. Do you love Bridget Riley? Show us some beautiful patterns. Maybe Yayoi Kusama is your thing... create an atc with a woman with the brightest red hair! Collage an ear to represent Van Gogh or monkeys and roses for Frida! You can choose one artist or three (or two and repeat one). Totally up to you.

If we can't easily tell who the artist is, please place their name on the back of the card.

Requirements

Must be your best effort. No sticker slapping, sloppy work, or work you wouldn't want to receive.
Must be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5” (No APCs please)
Muse be in their own plastic sleeve.
Must be sturdy - a good standard is that the card would be damaged if were it bent.

Please include the following on the back of your ATC:
Swap name
Artist name
User name (Real name is optional but nice)
About My Hosting

As best I'm able I will...
Swap effort for effort
Swap medium for medium
Swap ON TIME

Mailing

US players:
Please include a self-addressed label (not the small return address labels)
1 Forever stamp
NO ENVELOPES PLEASE

International players:
Please include a self-addressed label (not the small return address labels)
1 Forever global stamp Or $2 USD via Paypal
NO ENVELOPES PLEASE

Please allow time for your ATCs to arrive on time.

Communication, You Rock & iTrader

You post here when you send your cards
I will post here when I receive your cards
I will leave iTrader when I have received all cards
You post here when you receive your returned cards
You will leave iTrader for me and You Rock points for the players whose cards you received.

In Closing

A host ATC is very much appreciated and will be treasured but absolutely not a requirement!

When you are ready to mail PM me for my address. If you have my address in Austin, it is still the same.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!

Thank you, in advance, for joining my swap!

Players:
Essy - Received
TrinaLD - Received
LeeBeth - Received
LuAnnP - Received
mwilding - Received
plumhill2001 - Received
MicheleMC - Received

Withdrew:
Mrs.Alderman
redplantlady
lazyshadows
Onaki

Last edited:
I'm just lurking at the moment, but I was thinking about my favorite artists. It seems like when we have a swap with this particular theme I jump right to thoughts of Van Gogh and some of the "big" names, but if you looked at my bookshelves you'd see lots of art books by lesser known artists whom I love. If I jump into this swap I may try doing something inspired by favorite children's book illustrators or someone like Katie Daisy, Maurice Sendak, Sara Midda or Muriel Foster. Hmmm. Fun thoughts! :jiggy:

I would LOVE to see some lessor known artists! And I want this to be fun... so no stressing! (I say this out loud because it is exactly what I do... "How could I possibly represent _______ well enough?" lol

Castle Queen - I might have misunderstood... Are you in or lurking? I didn't add you because I wasn't sure... and now that I'm re-reading, I'm still not sure. lol I hope you are in!!!

I also like that geometric guy>. Dang I even saw his art at the art museum. Caldone?

Piet Mondrian
Pieter Cornelis Mondriaan, after 1906 Piet Mondrian, was a Dutch painter and theoretician who is regarded as one of the greatest artists of the 20th century

I was close.

I was at a yard sale and saw a big book of modern art, and I DID NOT BUY it, I was so proud of me. I have too many books. I did flip through it. IT was such a HUGE book. It was best that I bypassed the book. I did buy a ton of other stuff.

Thanks for all the new sign ups! My daughter turned 24 this weekend so I went to Houston to spend it with her. What fun! Anyway, lots of you joined while I was away! Welcome!

CQ5 - Do you mean De Stijl? I'm puzzled! lol And I'm puzzled as to why you did not buy it... lol There is no such thing as too many books... :)

Back
Top Bottom