Marie
Media
Swap Due Date: May 14
Withdraw Date: May 7
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: HD/HP, collage, altered photography

As You Wish *~

For this swap we will be making ATC’s that depict methods of wish making. You may show what you are wishing for as well if you like but it is not required.

There are a lot of ways to make wishes. What’s your trusty standby? Does it change depending on what you’re wishing for? Do you pull petals from a daisy when wishing for love, but search out four-leaf clovers for luck? Do you watch for a shooting star for the really big ones? What about eyelashes? Butterflies? However you make your wishes, I’d like to see them and share them.

Here are some wishing customs I’ve seen listed online:

• “Touch blue and your wish will come true.”
• Make a wish each time you eat a green M&M.
• Make a wish when you see three birds on a telephone wire.
• Put a watermelon seed on your forehead and make a wish before it falls off.
• Make a wish before you blow out the candles on your birthday cake.
• Make a wish on the first star you see at night.
• Throw a coin in a fountain; make a wish when the water clears so you can see your reflection.
• Make a wish on a new pair of shoes before you wear them for the first time.
• Make a wish with another person on a wishbone. Each takes an end and pulls until it breaks. The person with the largest piece of bone gets the “lucky break” and the wish.
• Make a wish on the first robin you see in the spring.
• Find a penny, wear it in your left shoe, and your wish will come true.
• Wishes made on Midsummer's Eve (June 23) are most likely to come true.
• Hold your breath and make a wish while crossing a short straight bridge.

All the usual Rules apply… no chunky cards, no flimsy cards, no shaped cards and please send your best work. Hostess cards, should you wish to send one, will be dearly treasured, but are in no way required.

As for postage one forever stamp for 3 cards, add an ‘extra ounce’ stamp for 6 if you feel it’s warranted. One US dollar well concealed for 3/ two dollars for six cards should be plenty for overseas swappers. If it isn’t I’ll cover the difference. SASE’s are nice, and a STICKY label is fine too, if you don’t WISH to calculate the cost of mailing an extra envelope. I’m happy to provide them.

Sample cards:

View attachment 213451 View attachment 213452 View attachment 213453

Right now I’m wishing for someone to wish with:
1. Terri F ~ link Cards received ~*
2. CiCiCreates ~ link Cards received ~*
3. SunTrade ~ link Cards received ~*
4. Kellan ~ link Cards received ~*
5. aginghippychic ~ link Cards received ~*
6. LuAnnP ~ link Cards received ~*
7. lazyshadows ~ link
8. Elliejaybird ~ link Cards received ~*
9. CMontalvo ~ link Cards received ~*
10. An. M. Sudyka ~ link Cards received ~*
11. Cyndilouhoo - link
12. Snager - link Cards received ~*
13. CastleQueen5 - link Cards received ~*

Last edited:
Enjoy your lurk nanvan! I’m wishing you’ll join us! (Method of wish... writing it down)

Another wish image suggestion might be the three wishes granted by a genie in a bottle. Also, I was wondering about a “wishing well”. I think it looks the same as a stone water well with rope and bucket, right? But it is not the same thing as a fountain.

I guess you could depict the person rubbing the bottle wishing for a genie, or the person in front of the genie making the request. Either one sounds fun. :)

Welcome aginghippychic! I’ll add you right away.enjoy your lurk. CQ. I hope you decide to join us :)

Enjoy your lurking JenUrebel and Vicki Z, CQ is in the coffee break room wishing for company, and here you are! I wonder how she did it? ;)
Nanvan headed there earlier as well. Sounds like a party!

Back
Top Bottom