Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! March

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received my March postcard from Kwailin. Thanks so much, dearie! I loved that you upcycled some cardboard. And it arrived on a day that I needed some cheer, as my friend Barbara Bluelotus passed away yesterday. Her daughter said she passed peacefully, and I am thankful for that.

Since I got furloughed last week I've been staying home. However, I did go out today for a few provisions and was somewhat surprised at the number of people who are still out and about. And apparently still hoarding paper and cleaning supplies. Sigh.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and finding meaningful things to do to occupy your time. If you're suddenly jobless due to the pandemic, I hope you have enough to tide you over until things get back to normal.

2. Thanks Miss M thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big air hug to you Miss I. I saw the FB post about our dear Barbara. So sad to hear, but grateful that it was peaceful.

Such strange times we're living in. I hope everyone is hanging in there okay. We're on lockdown here in SoCal. However, that didn't stop people from flocking to the beach this weekend to enjoy the 70-degree weather. On a hopeful note, two different nurses I spoke with said that we have reached the end of the typical flu season, and that warmer weather helps stave off flu. I'm hoping the shift to Spring will help.

Wishing everyone the best as we get through this together.

Mel, love the social distancing shares...The Office one especially.
    Hosting The Embellished BUG Swap. Come crawl on in! My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

4. Thanks kwailin777, Miss Iowa thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto wishing you all well.

Miss M don't know what happened, but I hope you are ok. Thanks for the tip, lol. I do have TP, my video was in jest.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMGosh...I was just finishing responding to what everyone was saying...had a good long blah blah blah going...and my comp restarted just like that! Now everything I said went bye bye...gah! Let me try again...
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! March
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now to figure out what the heck I just said...

Um...hmmm...I've been home since Thursday...I'm glad and I know, very lucky that it is a break and not a layoff. I'm enjoying this little vacation so far. Yes I have to stay home, but it's still nice. I've been catching up on cleaning and organizing. Hopefully it'll stay this way for a good long while, but i live with all boys...so I highly doubt it.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

8. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last summer our ac went out on us. Thankfully it was a some what mild summer. Not too many 100 degree days...still hot though. So, we figured we could go til this spring without dealing with it. Now here we are. Was so hopeful it could just be repaired...but it being a 25 year old system...that just wasn't the case. Yesterday we had a brand new ac/furnace replaced. We also bought a built in air purifier. We were lucky because the company is trying their best to keep work going for their employees...that they had many deals and discounts to give us. (Still expensive...but I guess it could have been worse.) They were swift at their work and now we have an amazing set up! ...
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that I could get some crafting in, but my son has to work at home now. He's using my desk that I use to craft on. I'll try to figure out how to get comfy enough to craft. (I know...wow, I have such huge problems...woe is me) LOL

I'm finally stocked with toilet paper and food...took some online ordering and a couple of grocery visits...but I finally feel pretty good. Also because I work at a bakery... we get dairy delivery 1 to to 2 times a week...so my boss said that i could buy from her whole sale price. (I finally can say that I have a connection!) That feels special!

Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

11. Likes Miss M, SunTrade liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, I'm so sad to hear the news. We lost one of our own. Bluelotus/Barbara will be missed. So glad that we got to have the time that we had with her...and thank god she went peacefully. <3

Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

13. Likes Miss Iowa liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is indeed very sad news, Mel.

Miss M is offline Have a Holly Jolly Christmas...and a Happy New Year!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about BlueLotusFlower. I will cherish her Art Supply Goblin (in a weirdie mail trade) even more now.
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

16. Thanks Miss Iowa thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if I gave the impression something was wrong. I'm good, developing a slight case of cabin fever, but good. I don't have the time off, as we are all able to work from home at my company, but that's nothing I will complain about.

The Homemade TP link was all in my current TP humour mode...you know, if someone was truly hard up. There's no point in getting mad at the hoarders...so I chuckle And speaking of TP chuckles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMTSbSrvcRg

And yes, TP is back on the shelves here too...well mostly, the people who missed out the 1st round of TP antics are getting it now! I was very happy to find facial tissue back in stock. And for those that need to know, I bought a giant pack of TP from Costco back at the end of January, and that sucker lasts me like 4 months, so I'm good!

I can't believe all the crazy stories of people congregating. Here, the province declared a state of emergency and the Ontario gov't has closed down all non-essential businesses for at least two weeks (unless they can operate online with delivery service). Grocery stores have plexi-glass installed at all the cashiers and they are asking customers to not bring in re-usable bags for the time being. And they are limiting their hours and how many people enter the store. The nice thing is that they have a special time set aside when only seniors/disabled can shop. They are telling us to stay at home, and only leave the house for essential reasons. Yes, you can go outside for a walk, but you need to stay away from other people.

Hope y'all are hanging in there. Stay healthy!
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Miss M! That Carol Burnett sketch was wonderful! I don't remember it at all, and I watched a lot of her shows. Thanks for the chuckle.

All of the things your government has instituted have happened here. There's been no official "stay at home" proclamation declared in our state, but schools and many businesses are closed or allowing employees to work from home (when possible). Restaurants can be open but only for carryout or delivery. Our city bus service is suspended starting tomorrow. Theatre events, movies, festivals, church services: all shuttered or, when possible, offered online.

Alas, I'm not old enough to qualify for the special senior shopping hour, so I'll have to go to the store when all the other germ-infested masses do. I'm going to need milk tomorrow, and I probably have enough TP to last another 2-3 weeks, but I wouldn't mind having a package of 12 mega rolls to tide me over. After all, my parents will be home from Arizona in less than 2 weeks which will increase our usage.

19. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My partner's envie is going postal today/Wednesday. Well actually, it's a postcard.
    Last edited by Miss Iowa; 03-26-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to mail ANGELMUZ her envie while I still can, but don't have her address (she hasn't been on for quite a while) Can anyone PM me her address, please?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy birthday Lazyshadows!

Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

23. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only have Anglemuz's Canada addy...she stays with her children and sometimes her sister in the US...when that is...I'm not sure.

If I remember right Kentuckydakota is her sister. You may ask her for her current where a bouts.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

25. Thanks Beverley thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you; I will do that

*Got it! Thanks Melissa*
    Last edited by Beverley; 03-25-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those that scored some extra TP, something to do while you are staying safe at home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jhWBV3TdrU

(for the more advanced, there's plenty more serious ones too...)
    instagram :
    My available atcs

28. Thanks Beverley thanked this post
    Likes Beverley liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received a gorgeous envie from Fandanie this week. Lovely Japanese themed envie really brightened up my week!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope everyone is doing alright. My envie made it to Tandy.

I was thinking about the hard times we are all going through ....

envie lovers 03 2020.jpg

31. Likes kwailin777, Cecileb, Miss M liked this post