Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! March

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Norway products are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Iowa View Post
    Well, Mel, since you asked...

This is my weekend off and even though I'm tired as all get-out, I decided to "get out" and do something, especially since we're having nice weather (sunny and in the 50s). I started out this morning by going to a craft and vendor sale at a local community center. The only thing I bought were some new Norwex washcloths/body cloths. I love them, but the shipping cost is ridiculous so it was nice to be able to get them cash and carry/no shipping or tax. Then I had to go to the mall in order to get a new battery for my watch. This is the mall where my store is, but since it's my weekend off there was NO WAY I was going to my store.

Next I went to a local florist and bought a new orchid plant. I was replacing one that had been a gift to my mom, we never got it to bloom again, and this winter it simply died. I didn't know this, but the florist was having an orchid sale and they were 50% off! I got a pretty pink variegated one that has one blossom now and several buds on the verge.

After gassing up my car for the low-low price of $2.03 a gallon, I went to our local city market for lunch. I got a curry sampler at the Indian place and it was delish! While I was eating, I watched a jigsaw tournament they were having. It was super fun! I also ran into the local artist (who I know) who started the tournament and chatted with him for a while. He has been mashing together jigsaw puzzles for decades, coming up with interesting images. Here's a link to one of his mashups on Pinterest. He actually had the original there today. His name is Mel Andringa, if you want to search for more of his images. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/345792077639734320/

From the market I walked across the street to an old entertainment hall that has exhibit space, where I viewed 2 photography exhibits.

My final stop was Target where I bought boring stuff like a hand-held clothing steamer and distilled water. LOL. But I also bought some 3M clips in order to hang some fairy lights in my art room. I bought the lights to use in the kitchen and living room at Christmas time, and didn't want to just pack them away. I can't wait to have them in my room.

So for the first time in a long time, I actually enjoyed a Saturday and treated myself to things I like. I hope all of you were able to do the same!
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received my lovely Valentine's postcard from our fearless leader - thank you!

3. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just stopping by to say hello. This is a very concerning time for all so stay safe & healthy and Art On!!
    LindyLu
    We Will Rise Above This !

5. Likes kwailin777, lazyshadows liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda! So glad to see ya here! Hope you are doing well too!

Cecileb, Glad that it has landed! (sorry it's so late!!)

Tandy/Miss Iowa, those Norwex towels seem like a miracle. So, interesting how they work.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! July
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hola! Hope everyone is happy and staying healthy! I'm coming off an exhausting week at work (spring fashion event) and there are concerns about the effect the coronavirus pandemic will have on business. Last night the governor had a press conference and recommended that schools in Iowa be closed for 4 weeks. One week of that will be spring break as already scheduled. Makes us wonder if the mall will reduce hours and our company is freaking out. But many nights we don't have any customers come in after supper time; it seems ridiculous to be open until 9:00 six nights a week even without a pandemic.

Norwex: I got one as a gift from a friend's cousin who had just started selling Norwex. She used us as guinea pigs to practice her sales routine, and she demonstrated one of the cleaning cloths on her glass patio door, fridge door, etc., and then the floor mop (my friend has dogs and birds). They're microfiber and reduce the amount of chemical cleaners you have to use. I love the body cloths. They act like an exfoliator but still are gentle enough to use every day on my face. They helped clear up the spot between my eyebrows where I always had a dry spot.

Gemininorn is offline Corrupting thought with language...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see the chatter here cannot be stopped! Here the schools are closed for officially two weeks but my guess is they will extend that by another week and then its two more weeks of easter break. My husband works from home and people shout at each other across the streets in a friendly way (social distancing).

I was very sad to hear the news about bluelotus, MissIowa please send me her daughters address, I would like to send her something.

I hope you are all well, stay away from people and wash your hands
    Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else ó> George Orwell, 1984
    http://gemininorn.blogspot.ie

9. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Neener is offline Head Catachookie Wrangler At The Ranch
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see you all active and cheerful. This is going to be a trip for sure until it's over. I must get back into art. I've been working on learning needle felting and it is consuming all the little bit of time I have.

11. Likes lazyshadows liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might lose some hours at work...we are seeing the lowest lull ever. ...we have some crap work to do when it's slow...one of which is stamping our logo on our boxes and bags...well...every bag and box is stamped in our store! Normally we only have a handful done to last us the day...now even the boxes full of our store of boxes are stamped! (I hate stamping now!)

Also, I can't get any groceries! I go to work when most places aren't even open...then there is a line to go into the grocery store when I get off of work. It's so ridiculous. Things are out of stock on line too. I'm fine for a little while, but eventually something has gotta give.

My son was sent home yesterday...he's gonna be working at home for probably a month. The hubby too, who has just started school again, is home until ... hmm... dunno.

Anyways, am I sounding like a bah hum bug'er? I think most of this stuff wouldn't bug me...if people would just take it a little easy on the grocery situation. The Corona virus is enough to deal with. Now we have to add this aspect to the mix.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness, yup there's definitely some panic craziness going on. Would still love to know how toilet paper helps fight off covid-19 No stores have any more in my area...clorox and hand sanitizer I can understand. Anyways, yeah, there's been some panic shoppers around here too. It should die down soon, as they've got to have shop themselves out at some point???

Everything is shutting down around here too: theatres, libraries, community centers, rec centres. Restaurants are shutting down, unless they do take out and delivery. All level of gov't are sending workers home. At my company we are all working from home now, and probably will be for a few weeks. Good thing I'm an introvert

Mel, I hope you get your groceries soon!

Hope everyone stays safe, stays well and hugz from afar. Wishing you all an abundance toilet paper
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same story, second verse here. Schools across the state are closed for at least the next 4 weeks, restaurants and bars are empty, and you can't find a roll of toilet paper or bottle of hand sanitizer to save your life. The art festival (whose board I serve on), scheduled for May 16, has been cancelled.

And, I have been furloughed from my job. Effectively immediately, our company (Christopher and Banks, women's clothing), has significantly reduced its store hours nationwide. Each store will have just one employee (the manager). All others have been furloughed or put on "temporary leave." I can apply for unemployment, but will also be looking for something new. That's not going to be easy during a pandemic with the economy tanking.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My envelope is on its way to Australia. Hope it gets there safely.

16. Thanks karenr thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, thought i could drop by and share some hugs!

My envies are on their way to CecileB and TrinaL and hopefully they will reach them soon and make them smile. I promise, they left my fully sanitized hands and were corona free!

Thank you for the wishes, this is going to be the weirdest bday ever for me. A bday in a quarantine! Who would have thought?!?

Stay well, stay safe and keep arting!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lazyshadows
    http://https://www.instagram.com/lazyshadows/
    There was a girl who flew the world from a lonely shore~~

18. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all - my envie is off to Lazyshadows who kindly agreed to partner me this month. I hope you are all managing the craziness and daily changes. We're all working from home, pretty much everything is closed. I still can't believe it's only March, this year seems to be years long.
    Love to you all!!

20. Likes lazyshadows, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tandy - I'm so sorry - I received your lovely Valentine postcard but got distracted and did not leave an itrader. I've done so now.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is everyone doing? Anybody have cabin fever yet? I'm doing well...I was due for a break. I had yesterday off and I am off thru to Sunday. I'm enjoying my down time. It actually made it possible to go get some groceries. I went at 6am yesterday. There still wasn't any toilet paper...no rice (Which for an Asian...that's devastating! LOL!) I was able to score some toilet paper on Amazon! Woot! ...the only bummer...I was thinking I'd go out more on this break...but now everything is on shut down. Oh well...that's life eh? Anyone run into weird situations?

Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

23. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mel, I know what you mean about being due for a break. My job had been physically and emotionally exhausting for months, and it was worse the last 2 weeks before we closed. Although I'm sorry to not be getting a regular paycheck for a while, my brain and my body just really needed some down time. I have applied for unemployment and am just playing the waiting game now. Our company has now closed all of its stores "temporarily." On their Facebook page, they posted that they hope to reopen March 31, but I think that's a pipedream. Other stores in our mall have already closed, and I worry that this may be the final nail in the coffin for shopping malls.

Other than that, things are good.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received a cool portrait from Pouring diva today-thank you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMGosh I have so much I could say.... but some of you might think I am crazy ....

My envelope will go out Monday Tandy! I hope you like it. I was thinking about what we are all going through, lol.

As you all know I work for the post office part time. After the Christmas season, I only work weekends and holidays when most of the carriers are off. Last Sunday I had a horrible day, where everything that can go wrong went wrong, and I was the last one back, and you all probably don't know but carriers are always pressured by supervisors on time. On top of that I had 79 packages to deliver in 5 hours or less, which took me 5 1/2 hours. I am always the slow one.... thankfully I do not have to go tomorrow but I am scared how my Sunday will be ....if it makes you feel better lazy shadows, not this week, but the week after is my birthday and I have to go to work ..... Lord have mercy. It usually slows down some after Christmas, but because everyone is ordering online is getting crazy....

Funny thing I have two supervisors that rotate every Sunday, and I was telling the previous one about the virus and she new nothing about it. Last Sunday nobody even mentioned it. Don't know if anything has happened this week ....

And now I am so worried, because we live paycheck to paycheck, like many others, and I found another part time work with the census bureau and I was going to do my fingerprints this week, and they closed until April first. I hope I do not lose the opportunity, I was really counting on that job. My husband has had health issues since last year but still goes to work everyday, and he works on commission, wasting his time, because there are no customers .

We did not have any panic in Texas until a week ago, Thankfully I am a prepper so I always have extra supplies. Just in case. Not much just like 2 weeks worth and a month of rice, beans , and peanut butter. But if necessary it will carry us through. And please do not laugh at me, but Miss M brings a good point about the toilet paper. But I heard it started by a military rumor so people would concentrate on buying toilet paper and not food. Because there is food supply, is just slower getting to places, and if nobody would have panicked like they did, it would not be an issue. So you see? You can find food but not toilet paper, One can always wash their bum bums, you know?

I think this stuff is being blown out of proportion, but is my personal opinion. Either way we should all follow the CDC guidelines. Hopefully it will be under control in the next few weeks and life will return to normal. This too shall pass.

May everyone be healthy and safe out there. I ❤ everyone in this forum.

And ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHv2dIM3t9I

27. Likes Miss M, lazyshadows liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey peeps! I hope the job situations are temporary for everyone. I know, it seems pretty crazy out there. It's definitely been a weird week.

Stay as positive as you can. Follow what the health professionals are advocating. The social-isolating is a temporary measure so they can get a handle on this, and it will pass. In the meantime...art on! and if you have extra time on your hands, you can start a new hobby....

https://www.askaprepper.com/homemade...-toilet-paper/
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

29. Thanks SunTrade thanked this post
    Likes lazyshadows, SunTrade liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been MIA for a little while - bad allergies! I expect my envie to be in the mail for my partner this coming Monday.

I hope everyone here is well and that your families and friends are also well. This week was a challenge for me until I found out what was closed/cancelled/closing/cancelling/etc. Once I knew that my schedule was pretty much empty, I made a plan to remain on my regular schedule of exercise, art, reading time as much as possible. I have no client work coming in right now, but this gives me the opportunity to work up some new proposals and work on my website and see if I can figure out the problem so that I can finally launch it.

My hubby and I are both well. and my dear friends who are 82 and 88 are both well. The 88 year old was really funny. She's super spunky. "I'm in quarantine," she said. "I was supposed to go on a cruise and to Los Angeles and ... but they were cancelled. ... My daughter cancelled them and then the cruise cancelled." She's not ill, but her daughters who live just a few minutes away from really watch out for her. She's a super sweetie and I told her we'd talk by phone until we can meet again in person. I'm going to send her some cards. Her birthday was earlier this month and it was quite the bash.

31. Likes SunTrade, Miss M liked this post