Abracadabra and Other Forms of Protection, Due May 15, 2020

FAB cards received from Evil Mom Lady.
Mail transit 4 days -- Almost back to "normal"

Thanks so much for including a hostie card.

Vicki Z, I saw a few things about acorns, but I don't recall what I saw or where. I have a really cool double acorn - a tiny baby on top of a slightly larger one. I have several acorns and leaves and bark from all of the trees in the neighborhood. I don't know what protection they offer exactly, but they help me feel good.

I usually carry an acorn in my jeans pocket because it makes me feel good.
Sooner or later I forget to clean out a pocket and it winds up going through the wash, but it stays clean that way. ;)

There is less than a week for all cards to be in my hands.
I sent PMs to remind people, but, I am still missing two sets, and if they are not already in the mail, they may not reach me in time to make deadline.

I hope mine make it in time, VickiZ. I just had a set go missing between here and Arizona. I'm just hoping it lands somewhere one of these days.

I also sometimes accidentally wash my acorns or sticks or whatever I've put in my jeans pockets or my jacket pockets.

Yesterday, on Mother's Day, the beekeeper and the cable company came out to remove the colony of bees residing in the cable dome box. I'd located a number to phone a couple of weeks ago and have been thrilled by the response. The bees are honeybees, and the beekeeper lives in the vicinity and keeps bees on his property. It was a fascinating process to watch him gear up, prepare the smoker, gather all of his materials, and his handling of the bees. He was so gentle and respectful and carefully removed the combs and placed them into another container. The process took about an hour, but I watched, from a healthy distance, and photographed the entire process.

Your cards are here, TrinaLD.
Mail Transit from the 4th to the 11th is almost twice the amount of time it usually takes for mail to get to me, but they have arrived safely, so all is well.

Comments and itrade to follow.
Thanks so much for including a hostie.

Yesterday, on Mother's Day, the beekeeper and the cable company came out to remove the colony of bees residing in the cable dome box. I'd located a number to phone a couple of weeks ago and have been thrilled by the response. The bees are honeybees, and the beekeeper lives in the vicinity and keeps bees on his property. It was a fascinating process to watch him gear up, prepare the smoker, gather all of his materials, and his handling of the bees. He was so gentle and respectful and carefully removed the combs and placed them into another container. The process took about an hour, but I watched, from a healthy distance, and photographed the entire process.

Your comments on the honeybees is AWESOME!!!!!
I am so glad you found someone to collect the bees and give them a new home.
An for you to photograph the entire process is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing.

One set still missing, but I have contacted the player with no response, plus the individual has not been on line, so I have swapped out, and mailed returns.

The cards for this swap have been every thoughtful and unique.
I am overwhelmed by the creativity of the ATCs sent in.

Returns mailed this morning.
I hope you all enjoy your new ATCs.

I got my awesome protection cards in the mail today. Thanks for hosting Vicki, and thanks to the artists, An.M.Sudyka, TrinaLD and evilmomlady!

WOW!!!!!!
I just mailed those on Friday.
The protection ATCs must have had special protections, because that is a mail-transit record!
I am glad they arrived so quickly.
Thanks for letting me know.

I received wonderful returns a few days ago. Thanks again to our wonderful hostess, Vicki Z, for such a fun and interesting swap. Thanks, also, to aginghibbychic, an.m.sudyka, and Vicki Z for the great cards.

Returns have been confirmed as received, so I am closing down this swap.
Thanks to everyone for participating.
This has been a fun swap.

Back
Top Bottom