Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Random TRASHy Stash Moos, mixed media, DUE MAY 21st 2020

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got the panels in 2017. We are glad we did. We do have to pay a lease on the panels every month, but we do know that the cost will never increase in the 20 years. We are not off the grid. If we use more energy than we create, then we owe the power company. Most months we dont owe them anything.

2. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trash received... great variety thank you Heather
    I apologize for being a bit quiet, things are a bit chaotic in Washington State, and all schools have closed til Apr 24th, so the family has been adjusting and hunkering down in the house.
    I will get these Moos made over the weekend and back towards you Monday.
    Last edited by Karr3ll; 03-14-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of things are being cancelled in Vancouver, but no schools have closed YET. Kids are off for spring break as of Monday. Hoping no one gets the virus before the break is over. But it's definitely affecting everyone here. Went grocery shopping today - no toilet paper, no Kleenex, only a couple of rolls of paper towels left. Luckily I already have TP and paper towels. But I also noticed that canned goods, especially soups, and other grocery items were in short supply. Let's hope the stores can restock without everyone hoarding everything again.
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

5. Likes Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nanvan things are pretty crazy here, most things are cancelled (concerts, etc) & groceries are very low in stores, I’m happy we keep our pantry and freezer well stocked, tp is also an issue here, but again our house is ok for now. Please everyone be safe.

Castlequeen I worked on my cards and finished them just better dinner... they are completely Trash, except for the miniature vintage people & text. I hope one brings you joy, as one is for a hostess gift
    0AECF119-64C4-4177-BE83-2F23DB4758B5.jpg

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice cards Karr3ll! I love the big blue bow on the girl’s neck in the first one!

Things are crazy here in East Tennessee as well! I think it’s ridiculous, but...

8. Thanks Karr3ll thanked this post
    Likes Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love your moos, Karr3ll! Love how you created the sun rays in the 2nd one, love the use of text throughout and the people are perfect compliments!

Yes, some things are cancelled here. I have been working in a hearing aid clinic and the audiologist and his helper go into several of the nursing homes each month, but the company has decided they can't go now, and everyone at work has been told they can't leave the country without notifying the company. We're close to the US border and I usually go across at least once a month, but guess I won't be doing that for awhile. And my son was going to take his and his girlfriend's kids to a monster truck show today, but it got cancelled and he got an email that Science World is closed down, too. And all this over Easter spring break. Never seen anything like it before. And, of course, there's nothing like Purell - I had a bottle I bought a few weeks before the pandemic, because I had a cold, so I have a full bottle. I'm going to start buying a few things if/when I see them - not to hoard, but eventually I will run out of things and will need them, so have to get 'em when I find 'em.

Yes, everyone please stay safe and well!

10. Thanks Karr3ll thanked this post
    Likes Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Karr3ll View Post
    Nanvan things are pretty crazy here, most things are cancelled (concerts, etc) & groceries are very low in stores, I’m happy we keep our pantry and freezer well stocked, tp is also an issue here, but again our house is ok for now. Please everyone be safe.

Castlequeen I worked on my cards and finished them just better dinner... they are completely Trash, except for the miniature vintage people & text. I hope one brings you joy, as one is for a hostess gift
    0AECF119-64C4-4177-BE83-2F23DB4758B5.jpg
    You did such a great job. I like the use of the green faced man postage stamp.

Great use of the punched items too.

You have no idea how long I sat and punched those hearts and leaves and flowers and such, from some very small scraps I was saving. I had to do the punches for you all to justify the saving of this ding dang scraps. They were my Friend's scraps, and I said "YES< I will take them."
    And I did! Then said. "OH my why do I do this?" when I cleaning up the messes.
    I think back then I was going to punch a bunch of fall leaves.

12. Likes nanvan, Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My food bank is hosted by a church. I run it, with Joyce, but we do it at a church. The church will be closing til APRIL 1st, no activities allowed. So we are still picking up food on Saturday and will distribute it in the manner we use on FED holidays. I often do a food pick up on the holidays due to the the bigger Food banks dont work on holidays. So I go 4of the July, Christmas Eve, New Years Eve etc.

BUT also wanted to add that our donations are very low as, the food is getting bought out at the stores, and they have very little that they need to donate.

I went to the store today and bought Dave's Killer Bread. One type has 5 grams of fiber per slice. It is worth the money. Trader joes used to carry 4 varitites of bread like this. but stopped. I was sad, and now pay for bread. I could have picked a a bread that is still available at the food bank, but really decided I need to eat the stuff that is good for me, not convenient for me. And I have not had to pay for bread since 2003 so It is my time to go back to buying bread.

Oh, but I meant to say, the store was not cleaned out, There was lots of food. But if I wanted a cucumber I needed to pay $3 for an organic one. AND I chose not to do that. There was still stuff on the shelf. I got what I needed. well except the cucumber. No long lines, no panicking, NO TP, but I have some.

14. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes things are crazy in Rhode Island, no TP or meat anywhere, schools closed. But happy news I got my trash! Lots of cool pieces! Can't wait to get started!

16. Likes CastleQueen5, nanvan, ksj1717 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mailed MUSHU's envelope today, which was why I was out, Then I decided to go buy a loaf of bread. $100 later!

18. Likes ksj1717 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do hope you got more than the loaf of bread for $100!...But, I don’t think I would be too surprised if you said no!

heymaggie is offline Iím not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    No meat, tp, potatoes, bread and still no trash envelope. Oh well, maybe next Monday. There are a million jokes on Facebook today about the shortages. Here’s my favorite: “I don’t know what the treatment is, but it must have something to do with toilet paper.”

21. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heymaggie, i hope you get your trash soon! I'm still waiting for mine too. Art is the only thing that calms my soul right now. Things are getting a little too real here in Ohio...
    I'm always up for a trade; let me know if you're interested!

23. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    No trash for me yet either.

Events in my area are cancelled and schools are closed. My son freaked out yesterday morning. To confort him we went pandemic shopping and got canned goods, pasta, rice, and crackers, etc. No TP in the store, but the rest of the shelves were more or less ok. Actually, more was available than pre hurricane shopping which cleans out all the shelves. We do have toilet paper, but saving the newspaper just in case.
    Shirley ~ A View Askew

25. Likes nanvan, ksj1717 liked this post
    heymaggie is offline Iím not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter and I get paid once a month so we have to buy enough for a month at a time. I just hope things get restocked by the end of the month.

27. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ksj1717 View Post
    I do hope you got more than the loaf of bread for $100!...But, I don’t think I would be too surprised if you said no!
    I went in for the bread! Which ok dont scream It is $5.49 a loaf. and worth every penny. It is cheaper at Walmart $4.98 but I was not even going to venture into that store.

For the $100 I got cat litter, wet cat food, some meat, eggs, creamer, hmm what else? cheese oh and a 24 pack of water, which my husband is so used to drinking since had chemo. I drink tap water. I am fine. He was not allowed to drink it for about a year, so he cant seem to go back to the tap.

29. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure why some of you dont have your Enveolopes, they were all hand canceled the same day. UNLESS? there is an evil postal worker.

31. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    have read all the requirements and are aware that this is a no withdrawal swap, and that any withdrawal or late cards will receive a neutral iTrader, and that reimbursement for initial mailing costs.
    I will PM address. Thanks.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't received my envelope either, but that's not a surprise since I'm in Canada and usually get my stuff later than most everyone else, unless they live in Australia or the UK...

After reading about all the food shortages, I'm feeling like I should go grocery shopping again. Unfortunately, I have a little fridge with a tiny freezer so I can't stock up on meat and such. But I think I will shop anyway and maybe look for things that can be stored in the closet.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got your info Lu"O. glad to have you. Your envelope is addressed and will go out MONDAY