Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trash and Stash Bookmark Swap, due May 22, 2020

AngelJoy is online now Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. - Psalm 100:1
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Trash and Stash Bookmark Swap, due May 22, 2020

Swap Due Date – May 22, 2020
    Number of Bookmarks - 4 for 4
    Number of participants - unlimited
    Media- mixed media collage
    Trash and Stash Bookmark Swap, due May 22, 2020

Who else loves to read? And likes a really nice bookmark to hold their place?

Welcome to the Trash and Stash Bookmark Swap! All bookmarks should measure 2" x 8" and be made from a sturdy material (such as tissue box, cereal box or the back of writing tablet, etc.) PLEASE don’t send anything flimsy!! They may be laminated if you choose, but it is not necessary.

Swap Requirements:

This swap is a mixed media collage challenge to create Bookmarks from trash items which I will provide. You must use at least 3 trash items on each bookmark. Be willing to think outside the box and use items in different and new ways. Each envelope will have the same types of items. Some items are identical for all players, other items are of the same type but slightly different.

This is a NO WITHDRAWAL swap. While you won’t know what is in the envelope until you receive it, if you request and receive an envelope you are required to complete the swap. No bookmarks, no communication may result in neutral iTrader.

PM me with your mailing address, so I can send out your trash items.

Swap is 4 for 4 bookmarks. Host bookmarks are not required, but will be treasured if you should choose to send one.

Each bookmark must be 2 x 8 inches and on a sturdy base. You may have curved edges or shaped corners if you wish. You may also punch a hole at the top and thread through a ribbon or yarn. Just be sure to provide any extra postage required for heavy objects or bulkiness. Protect your bookmarks either by laminating or sending each in a baggie.

You must use at least three trash items per bookmark. As always, use can be more than attaching the item, you can alter any item or use it as a tool. You may shred it, singe it, or glue it mosaic style if you like. You can rip it, paint it, turn it around backwards, modify it. But you must use it somehow.

We all have different skills so please send work you are proud of. While I can’t guarantee media, I will do my best to swap effort for effort.

All bookmarks need to be labeled with your real name, and your AFA username, so others can leave you their thanks via YouRock!s. Also, you must list on the back what trash items you used.

TO SIGN UP

Post to the thread to sign up. State that you have read all the details and that you are aware that this is a no withdrawal swap.

Send me a private message with your mailing address. I will mail you an envelope of trash.

Once you have messaged me your address, there is no withdrawal.

POSTING TO THE THREAD

~Please post to the thread when you have received your trash items.
    ~We all love seeing creations along the way. If possible, please post your bookmarks in the thread and list which trash items you have used.
    ~Please post to the thread when you have mailed your finished bookmarks to me.

MAILING YOUR BOOKMARKS UPDATES IN RED

~Protect each bookmark either by laminating or putting in a baggie.
    ~Please spread and lightly tape bookmarks inside the envelope, as flat and even as possible, using washi or painters tape.
    ~Send a label with your name and address legibly printed or typed on it. I can provide envelopes.
    ~US Players: Please send one forever stamp to reimburse me for the cost of mailing you the trash envelope and as much postage as it takes to send your bookmarks to me for mailing your returns to you.
    ~ Try to ensure that your envelope is no thicker than 1/4". If adding a host bookmark takes it over that limit, then please don't send me one.
    ~International Players, please include $2 U.S. OR 2 Global Forever stamps, covering my initial mailing to you and your returns mailing later. I will take care of any additional postage if necessary.
    ~I live in Alabama. Please be aware of the mailing time from your location to me and to mail your bookmarks in time for me to receive them by the due date. Late bookmarks will be returned to sender and a neutral iTrader given.

AFTER YOUR RETURNS ARE RECEIVED

When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that you have received them. Don’t forget to leave an iTrader for me and You Rocks! to the other artists. It is always nice to tell the player which bookmark you received, too. On the first thread of the swap, click on the name of the person you received the bookmark from and it will take you to one of their posts so you can easily leave a YouRock! for them.

Any questions? PM me or post it to the thread as others may have the same question but are too shy to speak up.

Who wants to play?

0. AngelJoy
    1. ferretgirl -- received 5/18
    2. TerriF -- received 4/6
    3. CastleQueen5 -- received 4/20
    4. plumhill2001 -- received 3/18
    5. heymaggie -- received 5/5
    6. Suzi -- received 3/30
    7. Valerie416 -- received 4/23
    8. Fandanie -- received 4/16
    9. catladybj -- received 5/28
    10. Mushu -- received 5/21
    11. CherylS -- received 3/28
    12. kehlenn -- received 4/10
    13. BlueSkyHare -- received 4/4
    14. NancyL -- received 4/4
    15. LeeBeth -- received 5/21
    16. daisies -- received 4/25
    17. ksj1717 -- received 4/11
    18. Heathermae77 -- received 5/5
    19. huddlestonmollie -- received 5/18
    Last edited by AngelJoy; 05-28-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    I love to trade -- just ask: Availabe for Trade

Open swaps I'm currently hosting: Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (P,Q,R) -- due July 16,Trash and Stash Bookmarks Swap 2.0 -- due July 27, Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (S,T,U) -- due Sept. 1, and Trash to Treasure 18 -- due Sept. 9

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will sign up. This is a no withdrawal swap.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me please. Love your Trash Swaps. I will not withdraw I Read the details
    Last edited by Terri F; 03-08-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ferretgirl, I think you signed up before I even knew it had gone live!

Aw, thanks, TerriF, I'm so glad you enjoy these swaps! It sure helps me cut down on my trash and stash hoarding (at least a little...)

Open swaps I'm currently hosting: Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (P,Q,R) -- due July 16,Trash and Stash Bookmarks Swap 2.0 -- due July 27, Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (S,T,U) -- due Sept. 1, and Trash to Treasure 18 -- due Sept. 9

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to join, I realize that this is a NO WITHDRAWAL swap.
    I like the format of a bookmark.

Feel free to pop in and tell those over at my Swap. dang, what ohh yes MOOS. I am doing Moos. UGH brain fog or something. But stop in there and give your link.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to play! I know this is a no withdrawal swap.
    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    Philippians 4:6

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see fellow trashy-ladies joining us, CastleQueen5 and plumhill2001. Your envelopes will be popped in the mail tomorrow, along with the other two.

I will post my link on your swap, thanks, CastleQueen5.

heymaggie is offline Iím not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! I want to join this bookmark swap. I’ve read all the details. If you will sign me up, I will not withdraw. Sending you my address now.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking for now! What a great idea!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, heymaggie, your envelope will go out tomorrow as well.

Lurk away, Kae.Ryan, I'm glad you like the idea. Maybe you can join us later.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up. I have read the instructions and understand that this is a no withdrawl Swap. I will send you my address!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Suzi, your trash will be in its way tomorrow.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will play. I understand this is a no withdrawal swap.

valerie416

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up. I know I may not with draw from the swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Fandanie, glad to have you join us!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up, I realize this is a no withdrawals swap. I just hope everyone realizes that you're asking for more than a single sheet of cardstock. I'm getting rather frustrated with receiving atc's that are a single piece of cardstock or an index card or a piece of cardstock thin enough that the marker used shows through the back. Forgive my venting but I just had to do it somewhere!
    Bonnie
    ^ ^ One Can Never be Owned by Too Many Cats!!!
    >*<

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, catladybj.
    I share your frustration. I have received flimsy cards before and it's always disappointing, especially when they get wrinkled or bent. I probably should be stricter as a host and send back the flimsy ones. But I never have. I try to emphasize it in my directions, but it doesn't always get through to everyone, sigh.

18. Likes catladybj liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just checking in to let you know I received my "trashy/stashy" bits today! I'm feeling a little under the weather, but I'm looking forward to getting at those bookmarks soon. I actually did my backgrounds ahead of time. We'll see if that was a good idea or if I might need to remake them to go with the bits! These are the fun creative problems we deal with, eh?
    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    Philippians 4:6

20. Thanks AngelJoy thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got my envelope Angel joy. I like your list with the boxes for check marks. Nice contents.

22. Thanks AngelJoy thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by plumhill2001 View Post
    Just checking in to let you know I received my "trashy/stashy" bits today! I'm feeling a little under the weather, but I'm looking forward to getting at those bookmarks soon. I actually did my backgrounds ahead of time. We'll see if that was a good idea or if I might need to remake them to go with the bits! These are the fun creative problems we deal with, eh?
    Thanks for letting me know you received the goodies. Have fun! I hope you feel better soon!
    Last edited by AngelJoy; 03-12-2020 at 05:24 PM.