ksj1717

Must Create
Media
Due May 31, 2020
Number of Cards - 3 for 3; 6 for 6
Number of participants - unlimited
Media- mixed media collage
SPECIAL TRASH CHALLENGE #3,

This swap has been one of my favorites so far; there seem to be many of us who love the challenge of working with what we are given! It is fun and interesting to receive trash and make ATCs. All of the trash in this swap will come from other players and not the host. If you have wanted to trade your trash, but did not have enough to host a “trash” swap, this is the swap for you.

Different people will make a nice ATC from trash that you send.
You will get your own trash back in the form of an ATC.
This swap will be for regular size ATCs (2 ½" by 3 ½") – no coins, dolls or other shapes.

To sign up for the swap:
• Post in the thread that you understand that once you have received your baggies of trash, this is a no withdrawal swap. Participants who receive baggies and do not timely return completed ATCs will receive a Neutral iTrader.
• Send me a private message requesting my mailing address.

This will be a three phase swap. Here's how it works:

PHASE ONE: - Due Date April 18, 2020

• Each player will create three or six sets of different kinds of trash. Please use a sandwich bag (or similar size baggie) for each set. If you want to send small trash in a penny sleeve, that is ok too. Make sure the top is taped to keep all the contents contained. Each baggie or packet must have 5 items. Examples of items: a photo, scrapbook paper, vintage paper, junk mail, odd textured items, fibers, ribbon, stamp, tissue paper, bubble wrap, magazine images, etc.; basically anything that can be used to create an ATC either by adhering it to a back or using the item as a tool.
•Please use one sandwich bag or similar packaging for each set.
•Label EACH bag with your USER NAME and REAL NAME.
•Send all baggies to me.
•Please make sure your baggies are secure in a sturdy envelope, not a flimsy envelope.
•Your envelopes with baggies of trash are DUE to me by April 18, 2020.
•Please have your name and address clearly written on a paper or include an address label for me to use to send your swapped baggies to you.
•Any baggies received after April 18 will be returned to sender and your name will be removed from the player’s list.

PHASE TWO:
•I will swap out the baggies by April 20th and have them in the mail to you the following Tuesday.
•I will be using my own envelopes, so you do not need to send return envelopes or postage at this time.

PHASE THREE:
•When you receive your baggies, make an ATC with all five items from a single baggie. - You may alter any item, turn it over and use the back side, cut out shapes from an item, paint or ink an item, use a small part of an item or use any item as a tool for applying paint or use as a stencil. - You will be providing your own base for each card. Make it a firm backing such as Bristol board, cardboard or sturdy cardstock. - Do not use one of the items from the baggie for a base. - You can also add other elements or items to enhance the ATC, but you must use all 5 of the items in some way. - The intent is to make an artful and interesting ATC with the trash – do not just paste everything down willy nilly on a base and call it done.- Each baggie will be to make one ATC. - The ATC you make will go back to the person who gathered the trash for that baggie.
•On the back of each ATC, indicate the recipient's name (the person who sent you the 5 items used), and your user name and information.
•Put each ATC in a penny sleeve or a three across card page –MAKE SURE you have included the name that was on the baggie on the back of your ATC.
•Mail your completed ATCs back to me.
•The due date is May 31, 2020. Any cards not sent or received late will receive a neutral iTrader.
- Please keep in mind what your mail time is to Tennessee.

Posting the trash you received and pictures of the cards you make is not a requirement, but appreciated.

Postage:
When you return your completed cards to me, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with the same amount of postage it cost you to send your cards to me. Compensating me for the initial mailing would be appreciated, but not required.

For this swap, you should give iTraders to each person who made you a card and iTraders for the hostess if you think I’ve done a good job.

Thanks for signing up! Let's have some fun!

Completed cards have been received by people in red!

0. ksj1717
Allegrae
suzyq
ThouArtDelyrias
CastleQueen5
Wykyd
LeeBeth
Prex
AngelJoy
AmySi
kehlenn
trini70
Loladog
chimerix
dsign49
NYJunkie
jcarlstrom
plumhill2001

Last edited:
Count me in - I think 3:3 now - but have plenty of stash to send so maybe 6 - will decide on that as I choose items for baggie. I understand this is a no-withdrawal swap.

I loved this before! So yes, count me in and I understand it is a no withdraw swap. Probably a 6 for 6 but will have to sort through my trash first. Woot!

I got my 6 bags ready, but I had a easy bin to sort through. I am also participating in a trash to treasure journal on Swap-bot that isn't due to be mailed yet. I sorted through that large manilla envelope of stuff. I made 6 bags that brought me joy.

I will mail tomorrow. I will check your mailing info. someone just moved and I cant remember who.

Welcome to Wykyd, LeeBeth, and Prex! Yes, we did have some fun last time, didn't we Wykyd? And, I'm happy to see some new faces in the crowd as well!

CastleQueen5, I'm impressed by your motivation! I see you're in several of the T2T swaps. I enjoy them a lot as well. I was thinking that if we started a recycling program and put a bin at the local Walmart, we could reduce landfill usage and have more art in the world!!

I also really enjoy seeing my trash transformed in this swap!
Let me lurk until I see what I can pull together :)

I would love to play in this, probably 6 for 6 as I have a LOT of trash! I understand it is a no withdrawal swap.

My six bags will go out on Monday. Can't wait to see what I get to work with in return. :D

Back
Top Bottom