Postage stamp ATCs - PEOPLE Due: May 20

seascape131,
AWESOME cards.
LOVEthe Australia stamps one.
That has such interesting stamps, and the background colors really pull the stamp colors in.
FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!

HINT TO HOSTESS

welcome to all the new and returning players

I have been LOVING all the cards that have been shown - so many treatments of the theme. I have 2 folders of sorted stamps (and we won't even think about the huge pile of stamps still waiting to be soaked off their envelopes :no:) and I STILL have not seen many of the stamps people are using.

PLEASE - if you plan ahead I am VERY happy to send you stamps to use in future swaps or, if you need them a little quicker than that, just ask CastleQueen5. The offer we make in the first post is not for show.

For those people who have mailed - I will tell you when they arrive.
Laffqueen - your gorgeous cards arrived on Wednesday.

I love the fact that more people are sending 6:6 but it really does make things easier for me if you give me some 'subtle' (read 'sledgehammer') hints as to which cards you like.

I've always wondered if hosts WANT us to give hints at which cards we want, or if they prefer to make that decision themselves. I'll have to be a little more sledge hammery in future! :)
(Love Seascapes watercolor cards!) :wubclub:

I have been LOVING all the cards that have been shown - so many treatments of the theme. I have 2 folders of sorted stamps (and we won't even think about the huge pile of stamps still waiting to be soaked off their envelopes :no:) and I STILL have not seen many of the stamps people are using.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

How do you soak the stamps off? I have a ton of stamps on postcards and I've wondered about a safe way to get them off that thick card.

Older stamps that are not self stick soak off in warm water in a very short time. I use a square glass baking dish with about an inch of water, the stamps float off, then dry I them on a paper towel. Sometimes the cancellation will lighten up a bit. Self stick ones aren't as easy, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes the paper on the back can be rubbed away after soaking and you end up rubbing goo off the stamp. Sometimes you end up with a torn stamp. If anyone has a secret for getting the self stick ones off, please, share.

Soaking works with heavier postcard stock too, tho you might get some bleed from old picture postcarrds.

I agree with CastleQueen5 re soaking the stamps. I have found that the hardest stamps to get off any form of paper are the US ones. Most of the European and Canadian stamps float off within 24 hours, as do the Australian but I have to leave the US stamps in for a couple of days and then have to carefully rub the final layer of paper off their backs.
I don't have too much trouble with colour bleed except for those yellow envelopes - they love to make everything near them yellow too.

Sledgehammer hints appreciated and noted plumhill2001 ;)

artbymee​ - I have tried to send my address to you but your inbox is full

I often dont take the paper off the back, sometimes I like the color of the envelope behind the stamp. IN Fact one of my cards I made for this swap clearly has the green paper behind it. A duplicating of the same stamp without paper did not look as good as the one with the green paper.

Greetings. I am jumping back in to ATCS for all after a long hiatus. I used to be very active but then burned out. But, now with the corona virus quarantine, and being stuck at home, I'd like to start doing some art. I always loved the postage-stamp swaps. May I join you. I understand that I'd need to mail it in a week or two to get to you by the deadline. Can do!

I often dont take the paper off the back, sometimes I like the color of the envelope behind the stamp. IN Fact one of my cards I made for this swap clearly has the green paper behind it. A duplicating of the same stamp without paper did not look as good as the one with the green paper.

I gotta admit, until people started talking about "soaking" their stamps it didn't even occur to me to do that! I guess I don't mind some paper on the back. Hmmm... To each his own. (Just being lazy here, lol.) :rolleyes:

I gotta admit, until people started talking about "soaking" their stamps it didn't even occur to me to do that! I guess I don't mind some paper on the back. Hmmm... To each his own. (Just being lazy here, lol.) :rolleyes:

I agree with CQ that I often like the envelope behind the stamp. Most of the really cool stamps I have are on postcards though and they are thicker. I may try to soak a few and see how it goes. I have a TON though...like if I soak them all I'm going to have a dish of soaking stamps for the next year!

I agree with CQ that I often like the envelope behind the stamp. Most of the really cool stamps I have are on postcards though and they are thicker. I may try to soak a few and see how it goes. I have a TON though...like if I soak them all I'm going to have a dish of soaking stamps for the next year!

I have an AFA postcard from Russia with the most beautiful stamp on it. But I'd have to ruin the postcard to get it off. So, sometimes you have to weigh the pros and cons. I guess I'd just as soon keep the stamp anyway! :)

Back
Top Bottom