Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: St Patís Day ATART. Mar 13-18

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, I have read every single post and I'm glad people are still here. We have been in a total quarantine with my daughter. We isolated ourselves to our summer cabin. My parents have done the same in their cabin and are now back home. Now they can help me because we shouldn't have this virus. I brought Hilla to their place yesterday and have been working in a peaceful and quiet environment. I came back to our summer cabin that is just 25 minute drive away from my parents house. Tomorrow I'll pick up daughterter and then she will stay with me two days. Then we'll change again. This makes my life so much easier now! I can work 14 hours per day when I'm alone and then spend more time with Hilla.

I hope to have some time to make cards soon too. We should have some supplies also here. I guess we are going back home after Easter but then this quarantine will break and we can't meet my parents.

The situation hre is not bad yet and I hope we were smart enough to do things in advance and it would help the situation not even be bad in the future.
    My chunky page list and APC list

2. Likes CastleQueen5, Ancient Planter liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will mail my trades after Easter, if it's possible then. We will receive mail normally all the time but international mail can take months to get back to normal because there are so few flights at the moment. Also, I know that some countries have banned international mail. But you'll receive your cards one day .
    My chunky page list and APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear from you Sanna. So glad your family are all still doing good. I still have to work on your chunky. Maybe tomorrow.

Kristin it is cool that you are able to use some of Nancy's backgrounds in your digital work. I have been hoarding her marbled papers, LOL

Donnacr, I saw some layered coins that swing out on brads in your gallery. Was that a swap or something you came up with yourself? I remembered seeing them and the frogs I printed for my buddy cards were to big. So I am now making coins with two layers, mine are both 2 1/2". Bottom is a frog image on a paint background. Top is going to have a dragonfly. I made 4 but I put stickles on the dragonflies and they are still wet.
    These are all links if you click them...
    ~ JOURNAL CHAT(and scrapbook) ~
    MY AVAILABLES ATCs I may also have available ATCoins

5. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    th.jpg I forgot I was going to update everyone. I sent Mouseit an invite early on. When she got back me to she gave me permission to let you all know she is okay. Like us this pandemic stuff is a lot to deal with. On top of that she is grieving at the lost two young family members earlier this year. The deaths were just weeks apart and are unrelated to each other or the pandemic.
    Last edited by Linda4atc; Yesterday at 03:23 AM.

7. Likes sniisk, AmySi liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda4atc View Post
    Good to hear from you Sanna. So glad your family are all still doing good. I still have to work on your chunky. Maybe tomorrow.

Kristin it is cool that you are able to use some of Nancy's backgrounds in your digital work. I have been hoarding her marbled papers, LOL

Donnacr, I saw some layered coins that swing out on brads in your gallery. Was that a swap or something you came up with yourself? I remembered seeing them and the frogs I printed for my buddy cards were to big. So I am now making coins with two layers, mine are both 2 1/2". Bottom is a frog image on a paint background. Top is going to have a dragonfly. I made 4 but I put stickles on the dragonflies and they are still wet.
    Cannot wait to see your coins.
    I LOVE cards that move!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda4atc View Post
    th.jpg I forgot I was going to update everyone. I sent Mouseit an invite early on. When she got back me to she gave me permission to let you all know she is okay. Like us this pandemic stuff is a lot to deal with. On top of that she is grieving at the lost two young family members earlier this year. The deaths were just weeks apart and are unrelated to each other or the pandemic.
    Good to hear Mouseit is well.
    Sorry to hear about her losses.
    Lovely ATC tribute!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was a busy crafter last night. Nothing to trade just stuff for swaps.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry to hear about Mouseit's loss. Such a difficult time for her.

Castle Queen - wonderful swap cards!

Linda - looking forward to seeing your coins.

Sniisk - so glad you can be at your cabin and your daughter can have time with her grandparents.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Potatoes were available at the grocery store today.
    YIPPEEE >>>!!!!!!!!!
    It has been 4 weeks -- an entire MONTH -- with no russet potatoes anywhere......

If you had offered me a MILLION dollars to list what would "disappear/go out of stock" first, in a shortage situation,
    I would list TP, paper towels, napkins, tissues, general paper products, cleaning supplies, but NOT potatoes

I am not a big potato eater, but as soon as I ran out, and couldn't get more, I was hungry for POTATOES
    Yah, I know, very silly!!!!!
    Last edited by Vicki Z; Yesterday at 04:54 PM.

13. Likes mwilding, sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL - the potato thing surprised me too. Before all of this got bad we went to the store and there was not a starch in sight - of any kind. The next time we went they must have just gotten their shipment so I snagged a bag of potatoes for a buck and a half. If I could have e-mailed some to anyone who wanted them I would have. It's been 2 weeks since we've been to the store. We'll see how long we can hold out.

The things we can't have are the things we want! As soon as the rumor started we couldn't go out after 8pm that's all I wanted to do. Now that I know there is not a curfew I could care less. Actually there is no where to go now anyway.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Frog-Dragonfly coins (swings open on a brad)

inspired by coins Donnacr made, so I am going to RAK her one of these. I have three to trade.

16. Likes aginghippychic, Vicki Z, sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    this was my first attempt at whimsical birds like this. I've seen others do it much better. LOL
    Whimsical Nesting Bird watercolor

18. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    FAB coins, Linda.
    I had been curious about them since your post that Donna had inspired you to create some.
    Interesting, these are not at all what I had envisioned.
    They are adorable.

Did you do your Whimsical Nesting Bird watercolor with the "Mermaid" watercolor?
    Lovely!
    I am still playing with my "Mermaid" watercolors.
    Last edited by Vicki Z; Yesterday at 04:53 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love those birds and coins! When mom was still with us I collected all sorts of frog art for her. Now her frog art has been added to my collection.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Vicki and Kristin. Donna had three different size coins hooked with two brads. I started with a smaller top coin but didn't like the look of the bits of frog showing. The dragonflies are die cuts with painted wings and stickles on the body. No it wasn't mermaid markers but another Jane Davenport product. The https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olav4mhAGBc Petite Palette Watercolors, I have both the set in the gold tin and the teal tin. But the mermaid markers are still on my table.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kristin, I think in one of our conversations I tried to explain this technique to you. I haven't tried it yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCXZV4ukcg4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put these in my gallery for trade. I decide not to use them for the postage stamp swap. They are chunky and I didnt want to risk the mailing. So if you want them.

24. Likes sniisk liked this post