Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boredom Buster All art, all size, all mediums, ART-a-THON April 13-21st

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trini70 View Post
    This sounds fun but I won't have much available time. I'm still working full time (grocery store) but I'll follow the thread and try to play when I can. I always enjoy seeing what everyone is creating and then kick myself for not making more effort to create something for trading.

So what is the TP supply like at your store?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The prompts are up, and I used a generator for many of the ideas. so blame the algorithms.

Now please do invite 10 people, I picked 10 because that is the maximum you can send in one pm. Have fun. You can start today if you are not busy. In some place in the world it is already April 13th.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. I wonder if the prompt "homesickness" could mean that I am sick of being at home?!

4. Likes sniisk, jo.on.the.go, Ancient Planter liked this post
    jo.on.the.go is offline going, but not until the corona virus is over
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can we be busy when we are stuck at home day after day? Ha ha.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow, I really just used the generator, I didnt see homesickness. AND yes, we sure can be sick of being at home. I wanted to add the word CABIN like in Cabin Fever. But home sick ness is just the same thing.

I am going to add CABIN!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Euphoria
    Euphoria is the experience of pleasure or excitement and intense feelings of well-being and happiness. Certain natural rewards and social activities, such as aerobic exercise, laughter, listening to or making music, and dancing, can induce a state of euphoria

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    this looks terrific!
    PLEASE PM ME FOR MY NEW ADDRESS

9. Thanks CastleQueen5 thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trini70 View Post
    This sounds fun but I won't have much available time. I'm still working full time (grocery store) but I'll follow the thread and try to play when I can. I always enjoy seeing what everyone is creating and then kick myself for not making more effort to create something for trading.
    Please stay safe. Here, they have put up plexiglass partitions between the cashiers and customers in the grocery checkouts. Cashiers wear gloves, but no masks. They have marked the floor so customers must stay 6 feet apart and some stores make people line up (6 ft apart) outside and let a few into the store as a few exit. They only put 1 person's shopping on the conveyer belt at a time and clean the belt often. When we bang our pots and pans at 7 pm each night, we are thanking all the doctors, nurses, first responders, all the people in our grocery stores, pharmacies, cleaners, anyone who helps to keep our lives running. So thank YOU!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

11. Thanks trini70 thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so today, I am going to attempt to make Blueberry cheesecake banana bread. It is my husbands specialty. When he had cancer, chemo them stem cell transplant, he was bored. He found this recipe and it is THE BOMB. I looked at the recipe once and said. HELLZ NO! that is too complicated.

Well, it is Easter here. And hubby has SHINGLES and is pretty sick. He is on meds, and is considered contagious. So I am going to make stew. or maybe ham and scalloped taters, And this bread. Which meets the boredom buster of trying a new recipe. Then I going to make some art based on my cooking. BTW I am going to use real taters for the ham and taters recipe.
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 04-12-2020 at 02:55 PM.

13. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Easter and Happy Arting, All!
    My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your hubs...hope that stew warms him and lifts his spirits.
    My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    Ok so today, I am going to attempt to make Blueberry cheesecake banana bread. It is my husbands specialty. When he had cancer, chemo them stem cell transplant, he was bored. He found this recipe and it is THE BOMB. I looked at the recipe once and said. HELLZ NO! that is too complicated.

Well, it is Easter here. And hubby has SHINGLES and is pretty sick. He is on meds, and is considered contagious. So I am going to make stew. or maybe ham and scalloped taters, And this bread. Which meets the boredom buster of trying a new recipe. Then I going to make some art based on m cooking. BTW I am going to use real taters for the ham and taters recipe.
    I just realized today is Easter! Even though I have a 6 year old granddaughter, I'm not doing the Easter egg thing this year and no plans to make any kind of fancy dinner. Plus I thought it was Monday! When I don't work, I lose track of the days. LOL!

Heather, I hope your husband gets well quickly. I've never had shingles but my brother had it once and my son and both told me how painful it is. Your dinner sounds wonderful - ham and scalloped potatoes - now I want to make a big dinner! But will probably settle for a tuna fish sandwich.

I will lurk for now and play if/when my muse returns.
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

jo.on.the.go is offline going, but not until the corona virus is over
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh CQ5, I feel so sorry for your husband having shingles. I had it about 8 years ago and I was miserable.

Right now I am baking bread with the last of my bread flour. The last loaf was a total disaster - a veritable brick - because I forgot to add the yeast.

I went to the grocery store a week ago Tuesday. I am glad to hear that precautions are being taken. When I went, they had one-way aisles and markers on the floor to keep people apart in line, but people weren't especially compliant. I am hoping to stay away until next Thursday (senior hours 6 AM - 8 AM). I sure hope they have lots of chocolate, because that is what I am craving most.

18. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles. Had them 3 times and I completely empathize. I hope he feels better soon. That bread sounds amazing!
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blueberry banana cheesecake bread in the oven. Now to think of some art around it. I am thinking blue and yellow cards.

I also found 2 things in my kitchen that I should have thrown away, but did not because.... well I thought hmm art! I have the elk on the challenge butter box and I saved the black liners from some raspberries I ate yesterday. I even rinsed it off to make sure no raspberry juices.

Now I am going to drink a Diet Dr Pepper that has the cream soda flavor. BTW not as awesome as I projected, but really the one diet drink VICE I still have. I love Diet Dr Pepper, and avoid it 345 days of year.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    A note about cleaning out closets and donating, etc. I've seen pictures online of Goodwills with piles of garbage bags outside their front doors. People just dropping stuff off even though these stores aren't open for business. That stuff will get rained on and ruined. Hopefully we will all hang onto our donations until these stores reopen. Boy are they going to be flooded with donations when everyone has so much time to declutter, lol.
    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    Philippians 4:6

22. Likes Amapola liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KESagers View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles. Had them 3 times and I completely empathize. I hope he feels better soon. That bread sounds amazing!

3 times? Wowser. I had it once 2015, when I was recovering from cancer. I think my body was just tired.

I have heard so much conflicting info on shingles over the years. In 2016 I went on a vacation with my former college roommate. She was not feeling well from the beginning. Arm pain, painful bug bites. Ok those bug bites were shingles.
    so off to urgent care in AZ. And the medical provider said it was not too likely I would break out again even though I was exposed and even slept in the same bed and same room as her for days. I also heard the opposite. she got on the antivirals and I never got on any meds and never broke out.

I am mildly worried I could get this again from hubby. Every itch makes me worry. Right now I feel ok. I am going to google if I can do anything to boost my immune system and stop the virus from activating.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by plumhill2001 View Post
    A note about cleaning out closets and donating, etc. I've seen pictures online of Goodwills with piles of garbage bags outside their front doors. People just dropping stuff off even though these stores aren't open for business. That stuff will get rained on and ruined. Hopefully we will all hang onto our donations until these stores reopen. Boy are they going to be flooded with donations when everyone has so much time to declutter, lol.

I agree, we also take donations at our food bank, as we have a clothing bank. BUT we are closed too since it is held at a Lutheran Church, and all activities are canceled to protect their elderly parishioners. I was able to do a donation around March 26th to Goodwill when my daughter was moving out. I sure didnt want to save it till we could get back into the clothing bank area.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jo.on.the.go View Post
    Oh CQ5, I feel so sorry for your husband having shingles. I had it about 8 years ago and I was miserable.

Right now I am baking bread with the last of my bread flour. The last loaf was a total disaster - a veritable brick - because I forgot to add the yeast.

I went to the grocery store a week ago Tuesday. I am glad to hear that precautions are being taken. When I went, they had one-way aisles and markers on the floor to keep people apart in line, but people weren't especially compliant. I am hoping to stay away until next Thursday (senior hours 6 AM - 8 AM). I sure hope they have lots of chocolate, because that is what I am craving most.
    My last loaf in my bread. maker was not right. It was a pumpkin and dried apple with oatmeal combo. I added too much honey, the dogs liked it. I am not giving up though. I am going to try it again, if I have another can of pumpkin.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did edit the info in the first post and included more info about how an art a thon works, in case we get some new players.

27. Likes nanvan liked this post