Fairies in Containers ~ HandDrawn/HPainted or Open Media ~ June 18

zilliah

sketchbook time is always
Media
Swap due date/withdrawal date - June 18
Signup date - June 12
Number of cards - 3:3 (or 6:6 if you join both groups)
Participants - unlimited
Medium - Hand drawn/painted OR open media (no digital/prints)

。・:*:・゚☆ Fairies in Containers ☆゚・:*:・。

Is anyone else feeling a little...bottled up? It's time to express some of those quarantine feelings with fairies! This swap is for fairies who are inside containers.

Fairy and Container Guidelines
  • Each card needs to have at least one fairy in some kind of container.
  • The style of the fairy is up to you - you could have a classic sparkly wings fairy, a grumpy goth fairy, a pineapple fairy, a snoozing fairy, an angry fairy trying to break out of their container, etc.
  • The type of container is also your choice - you could go with a classic bottle, a terrarium, a tupperware container, a teacup, a lantern, a cereal box, etc.
  • If you go for a non-transparent container, make sure you can still tell there's a fairy inside. The container doesn't need to be sealed.
  • You can add other things to your container if you like. Maybe the fairy needs a chair or some knitting?
  • White backgrounds are ok for this swap, but be thoughtful about them. Even a little bit of shadow under a container or a tint to a bottle can make a big difference!

Card Guidelines
  • Cards must be either entirely hand-drawn/painted OR any media (no digital/prints). I'll put you in open media unless you specify which group you want. You can join both groups if you want to.
  • On the back of the card, add both your username and real name (please include both! It makes the swapping/rating process much less complicated).
  • Make sure your cards are 2.5" x 3.5", and are made from sturdy paper. (If you can easily bend it into a "U", it's too floppy.)
  • As always, I'll do my best to swap effort for effort.
  • Host cards are very appreciated but never necessary!

Mailing
  • Please PM me for my address when you're ready to mail your cards. I moved in February, so please make sure you have my updated address! (If you aren't sure, my new house number ends in a 5.)
  • Protect your cards: put each of your cards in a plastic sleeve and secure them inside the envelope, either by taping them together or taping them to a card/piece of paper.
  • Include a large, clearly written address label with your address, including your country. (You can send an envelope if you prefer, but don't attach postage to it unless it's Canadian postage.)
  • I live in Canada, so unless you're Canadian, this will be an international swap for you. I suggest allowing 2 weeks mailing time to be safe.
  • That said, with the current state of the world, I am being flexible about deadlines. Don't stress too much - worse case, I'll just return your cards to you.
  • If your country stops accepting international mail: please let me know, and I'll hold your returns until mail service resumes.
  • Important note about returns: mail from Canada typically takes about 2 weeks to arrive internationally (which includes mail to the USA). It can occasionally take significantly longer, more like 4-6 weeks - if you join the swap, make sure you're prepared for that possibility! I suspect delays more likely to happen right now, but I'm not sure. The cards will still arrive safely despite any delays - just post to the thread so I know to keep it open.

Postage
  • Canada: include a permanent domestic stamp.
  • USA: if at all possible, please use Paypal to send $2. If that isn't an option, you can include a global forever stamp - the round one that looks like a succulent. (I can use these in other swaps.) Please don't send cash or any other type of postage. Don't attach your stamp to an envelope.
  • International: if at all possible, please use Paypal to send $3. If that isn't an option, a USA global forever stamp works (I can use these in other swaps). If neither of these options works for you, PM me and we can figure out something else.

Confused about postage? Please PM me or post in the thread.

When you've finished your cards, post them to the thread to show them off!

Once you've receive your returns, remember to leave iTrader for the host (that's me!) and "You Rock"s for your swap partners. If you're new to swapping on AFA, I'm happy to explain how this works.

Hand drawn/painted participants
1. Terri F - received!
2. snager - [sent]
3. Heathermae77 - received!

Open media participants
1. Heathermae77 - received!

Last edited:
Welcome Terri F, and hope you can do some bottling with us zhouzhou :)

Some sample fairies in containers art to hopefully inspire you! Mostly bottles, but don't be afraid to try other types of containers as well

Agate Cave by Oddem
52291527_800545143611422_8340333041707303072_n.jpg

prushroom by Chaotic-Muffin
prushroom_by_chaotic_muffin_d7adc36-fullview.png

Citrus Mer-Infuser by Oddeum
citrus_mer_infuser__original_for_sale___100__by_oddeum_dc3gvja-fullview.jpg

a fairy in a terrarium by Alum&Ink
67293287_472172286678951_4673913228904738717_n.jpg

fairy in a bottle by RachelQuinlan
fairy_in_a_bottle___wip_by_rachelquinlan_d9m6ek1-fullview.jpg

I need coffee by Amy Brown
I-Need_coffee_740x.jpg

sea fairy by Maricu-Mana
dazo57s-45030e94-2056-4386-b6ba-b61ac0997b15.jpg

inktober day 25 by tansau:
inktober_day_25_by_tansau_dbrocp1-fullview.jpg

fairy lantern by jemajema
fairy_lantern_by_jemajema_dd71ce3-pre.jpg

Potion Bottle Sprite - Fire
dcvjtej-2248628e-4d72-43f7-985f-e7d35679a176.jpg

Welcome, Heathermae77 - which group did you want to join?

Hope you lurkers can join us :)

Got it Heathermae77, I've added you to both :)

Hope you can join us, amee.burton!

Heathermae77 - I got your PM, but your mailbox is full so I can't send you my address! Let me know when you've cleared it out?

Back
Top Bottom