Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
Due date: June 24
Signup/Withdrawal date: June 18
Number of Players: Unlimited
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Media: Hand-drawn/hand-painted, with inks, pencil, paints, markers

The MMH thread on this theme was “born” out of a swap hosted by AngelJoy in 2015. I thought this might be a good time for a repeat. Please create 3 cards depicting any subject you like (simple shapes may work best), and style your artwork to look like stained glass. It is fascinating to see how different artists decide to depict the “leading” separating the glass pieces, and even the glass itself.

Your individual style and technique is welcome! Use inks, paints, pens, markers, or colored pencils. Examples will be posted below. Do join us for a fun, creative, and colorful swap, and share your pictures if you can.

GUIDELINES and MAILING
- Please PM for my address when ready to mail.
- Write your username, real name, and swap title on the back of each card.
- Place each card in its own plastic sleeve for protection.
- Please spread evenly within the envelope, and secure with Washi tape (Scotch tape can tear the sleeves).
- Enclose one Forever stamp and a clearly written address label. I will provide envelopes.
- International players, please send a $1 USA bill, or one Global Forever stamp, along with your address label. I will provide envelopes.

PARTICIPANTS:

1. Malufean76 - RECEIVED
2. LuAnnP - RECEIVED
3. dnewton972 - RECEIVED
4. AngelJoy - RECEIVED
5. WITHDRAWN
6. Siempie_h (Amsterdam) - RECEIVED
7. Anjen (Canada) - RECEIVED
8. AmySi - RECEIVED
9. FeatheredFox - RECEIVED
10. Yellita96 - RECEIVED
11. SheTurtle15 - RECEIVED
12. Sunnysuze - RECEIVED
13. majanga - RECEIVED
14. TainoWoman - RECEIVED
15. Luckycat479 - RECEIVED
16. An. M. Sudyka - RECEIVED
17. WITHDRAWN
18. dsign49 - RECEIVED
19. Skyelite - RECEIVED
20. ArbitraryStar - RECEIVED
21. Bubblecup (Canada)
22. 3moffday2 - RECEIVED
23. WITHDRAWN
24. Untamed Squid - RECEIVED
25. Sigma - RECEIVED
26. Lucie - RECEIVED

Last edited:
  • Staff
Here are some examples, the first two are by CiCiCreates. The last two are by AngelJoy and ArtsyOne.

• Staff
Welcome, malufean76! You are my first signup.

I would like to join. (Visions of fun and messy play with alcohol inks are dancing in my head...)

• Staff
Alcohol inks might be a good medium for this, I haven’t tried it in this application. Welcome, LuAnnP!

Me, too, please! And just a bit of trivia, there were 19 players in the swap I did in 2015. It will be fun to see how many join this one!! :D

Signing you up, AngelJoy! I appreciate the numbers info too. Five years is a long time for no Swap repeat, and there is a MMH thread on it, so we’ll see......

Card #1

It's not perfect, but I think this method is promising! Alcohol ink on Yupo, cut and fastened to Stonehenge Black paper.

1_221_moon_1_200423_copy.jpg

So the black paper acts as the leading, right? Very clever! I also like the slight streaking in the “glass”.

Lurk away, SunTrade! Hope time and events allow you to eventually play.

Welcome, siempie_h! And welcome to lurk, Morgenvogel. Hope you can join us.

Three more "Imitation" Stained Glass cards

Well, once I had the concept and the method, these began to feel more like "craft" than "art." They required a degree of precision that is not my forte, but I like the final product enough to make more.

My original method was attaching the pieces by using double-stick tape. Lots of cutting and tricky placement. The "Log Cabin" template was based on an old quilt pattern. So pattern originally designed for fabric.... pieces made from paper...in an attempt to look like glass....

1_sg_logcabin_sm.jpg

Using gloss medium to attach the pieces is easier. Adding a top coat of gloss medium makes them look more like glass, too:

1_sg_bird_sm.jpg

These look much nicer "in person." A 20K image does not do them justice!

1_sg_flower_sm.jpg

Oh LuAnn, I love those! Your media and technique is so unique. I was hoping for that kind of variety in technique and media used, it’s very educational for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom