Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: STAINED GLASS ATC Swap, HandDrawn/HandPainted, due June 24

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today cards arrived from 3moffday2, thanks for the extra!
    Now Hosting: Southwest Images ATC Swap; Pink Poodles ATC Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so excited for this! My first one is started and I have ideas for the others. I cant wait to see everyones!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can’t wait to see yours, Skyelites! Just PM me for my address when you are ready to mail.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cards have been received from Untamed Squid and majanga, thanks to both for a host card.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    May I please join this swap?
    Lucie W. aka Clofiti

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Lucie!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    A pretty set was received today from Sigma, thanks for the extra card!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are thinking about joining this swap, now is the time. We have a little over two weeks till due date. And remember, the due date is not a “mail by” date. It is the date cards need to be in my mailbox. So you can still join, and those who have already joined should be thinking about the time left and try to get cards made and mailed pretty soon, I appreciate it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Cici
    I love the idea of this swap but have not been able to get started on my cards. I better withdraw rather than hold up anything. Thank you so much.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for letting me know, I appreciate that. Hope you can join in a future swap.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lucie, your pretty cards are here! Thank you for including a host card.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just for your information, some artists feel strongly that hd/hp should not have glued pieces anywhere on the card. This stained glass technique can require some special artistic solutions when depicting the leading. A few artists have glued the stained glass shapes onto a black background, leaving just enough space between shape edges that the background shows and appears as leading. I wasn’t specific about this in my description, but I think it is a very innovative method and I have no problems with it. I love to see the thoughtful and creative portrayals of stained glass from different players. But please send me a PM if you would prefer only hand drawn and painted (no glueing) cards in your returns.

13. Thanks AngelJoy thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CiCiCreates View Post
    Just for your information, some artists feel strongly that hd/hp should not have glued pieces anywhere on the card. This stained glass technique can require some special artistic solutions when depicting the leading. A few artists have glued the stained glass shapes onto a black background, leaving just enough space between shape edges that the background shows and appears as leading. I wasn’t specific about this in my description, but I think it is a very innovative method and I have no problems with it. I love to see the thoughtful and creative portrayals of stained glass from different players. But please send me a PM if you would prefer only hand drawn and painted (no glueing) cards in your returns.
    Oh, dear. I am always getting in trouble for not reading the rules. Please just delete my cards from the swap and mail me back my own cards. I kind of like them.

I wish I had read this early enough to make replacements, but I didn't. I don't want anyone to be disappointed.

I am afraid that I tend to respond to challenges in a child-like artistic way: anything goes. It's not the first time I missed a fine point of the rules, so I am now vowing once again to not join a swap without writing down all the rules, checking them twice, and then checking again before mailing.

I am a little sad but resolved to do better. Funny, in my earlier life I was always good at following rules. Now that I am focussed on my "art life," the cursed rules keep coming in to bite me. Lesson learned!
    Last edited by LuAnnP; 06-14-2020 at 09:32 PM.

15. Thanks AmySi thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LuAnn, your cards are fine! There were a couple of others who used this method, and I never stipulated anything against it in my Swap description. I suspect not a lot of players care that much, especially if it’s good art, which yours is. Also, no one has PMd me letting me know that they only want strictly hand drawn (no glue) cards in their returns. I definitely do not want you to back out. I don’t see any reason for it, and other players will miss out getting some beautiful cards from you. So as far as I’m concerned, you are still in, ok? Not a problem!

17. Likes majanga liked this post
    AngelJoy is offline Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. - Psalm 100:1
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problem with any type of card, glued or not. 😊
    I love to trade -- just ask: Availabe for Trade

Open swaps I'm currently hosting: Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (P,Q,R) -- due July 16,Trash and Stash Bookmarks Swap 2.0 -- due July 27, Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (S,T,U) -- due Sept. 1, and Trash to Treasure 18 -- due Sept. 9

19. Thanks CiCiCreates, LuAnnP thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CiCiCreates View Post
    LuAnn, your cards are fine! There were a couple of others who used this method, and I never stipulated anything against it in my Swap description. I suspect not a lot of players care that much, especially if it’s good art, which yours is. Also, no one has PMd me letting me know that they only want strictly hand drawn (no glue) cards in their returns. I definitely do not want you to back out. I don’t see any reason for it, and other players will miss out getting some beautiful cards from you. So as far as I’m concerned, you are still in, ok? Not a problem!
    Thank you for such a kind and considerate post. I have SUCH a bad habit of not following instructions. I really DO resolve to do better. (And I am delighted to have a chance at receiving some of the lovely lovely cards I have seen posted....) You have managed this in a very diplomatic manner. Kudos to your hosting skills.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Crafty" Cut-out Non-HD/HP Stained Glass Method

I showed my "stained glass" cards in one of my Facebook groups and got a request for instructions. I have absolutely NO plans to do a YouTube channel... but it is an easy free way to share instructions. I also got a PM from someone else here on ATCs For All, so I am sharing the URL in case it is of interest to anyone else.

https://youtu.be/WeDgFbjmwZU

22. Likes majanga, sigma liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I’m glad you got those requests and gave the directions. It is a very interesting illustrated instruction, it was fun to watch!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Signup deadline is in two days, so you can still join this swap. Just be sure to get working on cards and out in the mail ASAP.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luckycat479, your wonderful medieval stained glass cards have arrived!
    —————-
    Our due date is in a couple of days, this Wednesday. We are in pretty good shape for swapping out right after the due date. One member’s cards are in the mail to me, and a couple have never responded to my PMs. So I will keep you all posted regarding when cards are swapped out.