Amabie the Pandemic Defeating Yokai Challenge due June 26 2020

Thanks smallgirl, the beak is a little more snout-ish than I wanted, but I do like how they turned out all in all. I didn't intend to make the Jamaican one look like a zombie, but it did turn out to look a little zombie like. I've got one more I have in mind, then I'll go from there.

I thought the Jamaican one reminded me a little bit like Old Gregg from the Mighty Boosh (portrayed by Noel Fielding).

Any lurkers out there wanting to jump in and get their feet wet with the Amabie? There's still lots of time to mail :)

Pancake machine, your amabies swam in today!! I hope more people join us soon :) Lurkers, feel free to jump in! :)

IMG_20200519_214306.jpg

ok! I banged out some works in progress today! sign me up! These were super fun and in the course or my research, i found out Amabie has a lot of friends/family? who all do the same thing.

"If someone gets the plague, show them a picture of me." or "Keep a picture of me in your house to ward of the plague" similar.

I still need to make my cards for this swap! I find it interesting that on instagram, many of the Amabies appear to be feminine in appearance, but the original story didn't mention whether the original Amabie was a male or female. I guess many people are inspired by mermaids!

Happy weekend everyone! Still plenty of time for anyone lurking to join! Tell your friends, hopefully we can get a few more players to join- I know the topic is a bit unusual, but that's what makes it fun :)

Back
Top Bottom