DYNAMITE DIES and PERFECT PUNCHES, Due July 10, 2020

Pithier, I love your cards, especially the neighborhood, how detailed! And the flower stamped on hexagons. That is so delicate and lovely! Your art really lifts me up!

I had a lot of fun with this one! Thank you for letting me play!

I used tiny diecut houses for the neighborhood. I diecut the feather and then inlaid with the negative speace from another feather that I diecut, for the color of the sea, I also diecut the turtle twice and inlaid the pieces from the second turtle into the spaces in the first. For the wildflowers I diecut several hexagons, randomly glued them together and then stamped the wildflowers

Love the turtle especially (as that's one of the things I collect :biglaugh: )

Great cards, heymaggie! I especially love the first little girl at the microphone! Sweet.

I have news. Today I went to Michael's, Forced to go I say, FORCED cause I had to to get out of the heat, while my adult son was at his kidney doctor. They are not allowing "others". So I was forced to go to Michael's. The air conditioning felt great. ( I finally found the bathroom, that goodness that was not shut down due to Covid issues). Then I shopped, and I was in the clearance isle and there was this die cut set, that I thought "oh that I so cute." I checked the price and said, "NO I really dont have a need for that." THEN>>>>

I THOUGHT OF THIS SWAP, and it was the perfect excuse to buy the dies. So stay tuned to see what this swap and the heat, and the covid, caused me to plunk down a whole $6. TO BE CONTINUED

I have news. Today I went to Michael's, Forced to go I say, FORCED cause I had to to get out of the heat, while my adult son was at his kidney doctor. They are not allowing "others". So I was forced to go to Michael's. The air conditioning felt great. ( I finally found the bathroom, that goodness that was not shut down due to Covid issues). Then I shopped, and I was in the clearance isle and there was this die cut set, that I thought "oh that I so cute." I checked the price and said, "NO I really dont have a need for that." THEN>>>>

I THOUGHT OF THIS SWAP, and it was the perfect excuse to buy the dies. So stay tuned to see what this swap and the heat, and the covid, caused me to plunk down a whole $6. TO BE CONTINUED

$6 for a die set??????:swoon:
Can' wait for the next installment of this saga. :twitcy:

Heymaggie, wow, your cards are super cute, just love those little girls you used. My fave is the girl in red that looks like she's singing.

AWESOME cards received from heymaggie and Suzi.
Thanks to each of you for including a hostie card.

WHERE did I put that new purchase from Michaels? You may have to settle for other die cuts. I am tired of looking. They might be with the new shoes I bought that day.

I found them. Ok so well, they are not as cute as I wanted them to be, but I dressed them up.

One die can be lemons or limes. You just need to use different colored paper. I did the apple in red first and then Yellow, when I made the lemons.

The watermelon had to be cut twice to get a green rind, and the red center. I have this rubber stamp with a mouse eating a watermelon slice of the same size. The mouse with the water melon and the limes are my favorite. I inked the limes with green, and the lemons with yellow but the green is more obvious.

1_fav_fruit_die_cuts_.jpg

1_don_t_be_sour.jpg

1_yellow_fruit_die_cuts.jpg

Last edited:
I cant decide if I should make more, or just send 4. I think I will make 2 more, but not fruit. I added this one to my gallery because it is combo of Donnacr's Postage stamp theme, and the cactus die cut, and I could even use it in Cicicreates southwest themed swaps. So it fits 3 swaps, and I decided to just put it in my gallery.

Maybe somebody will love it. You can also see my cards for Donnacrs postage stamp Flags. I used die cuts.

I will show and tell below.

1_feeelilng_prickly___Bloom_anyway..jpg

1_die_cut_flags.jpg

Cool cards, CQ.
LOVE the edging on the limes.
It really high-lights the embossing on the fruit.....and the seeds.
Thanks for posting pictures.

I have these artbin magnetic holders for my die cuts. Does anyone else? I have 2 of them. ONE has my favorite dies. So in it is cats, birds... and I didnt even get any deeper because I made some cat die cuts from some black cardstock I was saving right by the machine for some reason. OH and the yellow border was a die cut just laying in front of the bins waiting to be put away. So I took some of that yellow left over from the lemons and cut them out. I like them too.

So that is all folks, 7 cards, the hostess can pick her favorite. the cat die is called Fantastic Felines by CheeryLane, which is road here in Phoenix. They named their company after the road. Then they sold it to someone else. Small world still dont want to drive around in it during rush hour.

Back
Top Bottom