Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Stash & Trash MOO swap ~ due July 11, 2020

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CQ5 - I had to look up the Sad Life of Socialite Dorothy Hale - I'll have to read about her. I love the Frida painting - you're lucky to be able to see it in person!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nanvan View Post
    CQ5 - I had to look up the Sad Life of Socialite Dorothy Hale - I'll have to read about her. I love the Frida painting - you're lucky to be able to see it in person!
    My daughter, who was an adult at the time, asked me go to the Phoenix Art Museum =PAM with her, to see it. I think she was writing about it for college at the time. She is 28 now and married but whenever we go to PAM, she will ask where the painting is located. They do move art around. It was impressive in person.

Oh I have a photo of her standing next to it. wow I wonder if I could find it.

That is not the only daughter who has needed a buddy to the art museum for a college class. I went with the youngest once too. I do love the PAM, and we go on FREE days, cause we are cheap broke art lovers.

3. Likes nanvan, JavaZarf liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to go the art gallery in Vancouver on free days, but haven't been in over 3 years, since moving to the suburbs. I would love to see the photo of your daughter with the Frida painting, if you find it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last year I spend the whole day at the Chicago Institute of Art. I had a blast, and I was alone. Probably even better than with someone. Pollack was one artist that really was worth seeing in person. OVERALL, I just thought of his stuff as slop, til I saw it.

There did seem to be a lot of Degas, and Picasso paintings too. I got to see that Georges Seurat painting, up close. It was huge

"A Sunday on La Grande Jatte" I had to look up the title. But this was worth the wait to see this.

6. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    Last year I spend the whole day at the Chicago Institute of Art. I had a blast, and I was alone. Probably even better than with someone. Pollack was one artist that really was worth seeing person. There did seem to be a lot of Degas, and Picasso paintings too. I got to see that Georges Seurat painting, up close. It was huge

"A Sunday on La Grande Jatte" I had to look up the title. But this was worth the wait to see this.
    You are so lucky to have had the opportunity to go to the Chicago Institute of Art. I've been to many of the galleries in New York (not recently) and many in Europe and even saw a fabulous Georgia O'Keefe exhibit in Dallas on one of my return visits home from Canada. Vancouver had a very good exhibit of Frida Kahlo's art, which I was lucky enough to see. All this talk about galleries is making me yearn to see a good exhibit!