Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! May

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Omg...I only have two jeans that fit now! ROFL!

I'll take a pic of the sofa's when I get 'em

I've been boxing up and cleaning up the inside of my house. All in anticipation of these sofas! It's looking really good in here...I'm guilty of collecting too many tchotchke's...so I'm purging almost all of them. Unfortunately, there's no where to donate them yet...so the garage is gonna be the landing place for now.

So, all of that cleaning took place in the living room...I'm gonna move on to the kitchen next...it'll take a while...I do a little everyday. Sometimes it doesn't feel like progress when you can't get the boxes of stuff away from the house.

Btw, I was looking up how to spell tchotchke...and I had no idea that it's pretty much being said wrong by everyone! LOL! Also, I thought that this word was known by pretty much everyone...but my son was like WTH is that? If you haven't heard of it...it means decorations or souvenir. ...I thought that it was pronounced cha ch key but Google is saying it's pronounced cha ch ka ...Sorry if that fact is boring...but this is life now people! LOL! ...my goodness...I've just rambled about so much non sense just now...hope it was some what interesting...sorry if it's boring you! LOL!

If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! July
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

2. Likes ruthe liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh forgot to answer about the wax seals...the one that I used on Miss Iowa's and Tandy's Envies was the newest one that I got. I don't have any custom seals...(stop giving me ideas!)...every once in a while I'll buy a new one...I was treating myself one every paycheck I made...but now I'm not working...gah...which from a control of wax seal buying stand point...that's a good thing. ...however...since all of this stuff has happened...my brother and I traded Amazon wish lists...so every now and then...we will treat each other something from our list. (This all started because I was concerned with my brother...he lives alone and he had the case of the blues...so I started to send him lunch via Doordash...then I wrote him weekly letters...and sent little cheerful gifts.) That's how this gift giving thing came about. So lately, my wax seals have been gifted

If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mel, you crack me up in the happiest way! Tchotchke is one of my most favorite words. Nice to know you son is learning some great NON-boring stuff.

"Be less boring," bwahahaha!
    My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

5. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mel, just say knick-knacks. There's only one pronunciation. (Unless you want to be sassy and pronounce the initial k's.)

Where I grew up people don't use the term tchotchke. I don't think I really heard that term until I lived in Milwaukee when I was in my 40s. And like you I pronounce it choch-key (emphasis on first syllable).

And you DID NOT bore me with your post, because my major was linguistics and I love topics like this.

7. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    P.S. Thanks for the wax seal story, too! I think that is SUPER NEATO KEEN that you and your brother have been exchanging gifts during the pandemic. Wanna trade brothers?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arghhh Mel, don't mention holidays... For once in our lives we decided to do short breaks so I booked a long weekend to Milan (Italy) to go to a concert of one of my favourite singers Tiziano Ferro.... cancelled ofcourse and still in the process of getting my money back from the booking agency for the airline tickets...

A week to New York, yes we were finally going to do that... booked a hotel and a flight (grrr so much money)... cancelling the hotel was no problem but we are still fighting to get our money back where that flight is concerned... We are not allowed to travel abroad for holidays - only business critical trips are allowed and NY is too dangerous for us diabetics at the moment.

Last but not least, we booked a trip to Edinburgh (Scotland) to go to the Edinburgh Tattoo at the end of August... you probably already guessed... that was cancelled too... luckily we got a refund for all that was booked there.

So no holiday for us this year... maybe just one or two weekend breaks in July. We decided to renovate our stairs instead... who knows, they might even cancel that these days
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess what? A jackpot day!! Two items in the mail ..... Suntrade's creative, perky envie for April and TrinaD's lively postcard. I love both of them. Thank you two so much. It was getting to be depressing opening an empty postal box.
    Both items are already on display in my studio.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay Glad it made it!

Here is what I sent front and back:

Envie lovers April 2020 by SunRise Arts & Crafts,

12. Thanks Nicky thanked this post
    Likes Nicky, miss, kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received a fun fish envie from
    Nicky today-thank you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun fish for Ruthe

So good to hear that it made the trip safely... here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Seeya , Nicky

15. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nanner, I'm glad that I used one of your favorite words...I feel like I have Sesame Street Status now for having the word of the day! LOL!

Miss Iowa, you might enjoy this fun fact...or maybe you already know it. I was telling my son some time ago..."open sesame" I forget what for...but I did....anyhow...he told me, "Did you know that it's actually....Open says me." ...Pft...well that makes more sense to me. I think he heard it at school or something...can't remember. ...and trade brothers? ...Gah, I remember back in the day when he would trap me in our bathroom and start calling out Bloody Mary....those were fun times... ... ... fun times. ...Now we're old and ordering Amazon fodder to each other!

Nicky, I'm sorry that you missed out on your trips...I do however want to someday to have an itinerary such as yours. You're my travel mentor!

Suntrade & Nicky, I'll get your beauties pinned up!! Fantastic works m'dears!
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

17. Thanks SunTrade thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll also get the new thread posted in just a couple of minutes...
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay luv's...the new thread is up! The link is in my signature
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog