Postage stamp ATCs - FLAGS Due: July 20

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: July 20
postage date for non-Australians: June 15 (allowing for the slowness of COVID-affected International mail)
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! With the Corona virus cancelling many international flights there are many fewer deliveries into and out of Australia. Currently Australia Post is predicting 25-30 BUSINESS days delay.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with a FLAG on it

​ALL RETURNS MAILED AUGUST 4

An extra challenge to any who are interested - make your flag(s) into something else
1_Mar_20FlowerStamps.jpg
flower by JenUrebel
1_img407.JPG
pleated skirt by donnacr

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps. This is the 7th in the series.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send them to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM CastleQueen5 - she is in the US and has lots of postage stamps to share as well.

future topics so you can plan ahead:
August - Marine (fish, other sealife and plants) Sept - Land animals (NOT cats, dogs or butterflies) Oct - Flowers/trees Nov - Household items/ food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc) Dec - Christmas Jan '21 - Birds (land or sea eg penguins, owls, swans, etc) Feb - Music (musicians, dancers, singers, etc) Mar - Art (artists, pictures of Art - Classical, native, retro, etc) April - Sport (playing sport, sports equipment, Olympics, etc) May - Celebrations/emotions June - Space (astronauts, planets, spaceships - real or fictional eg Star Trek, etc)

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by July 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took a while to get to me so your returns will take a while to get to you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to $3.20 so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 or a Global Forever stamp

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS
0. donnacr
1. Haagmm - returned
2. CastleQueen5 - returned
3. Betsyg - returned

4. Suzi - returned
5. AngelJoy - returned
6. plumhill2001 - returned
7. BlancoLobo - received
8. TurquoisePineapple - received
9. Seascape131 - returned
10. jo.on.the.go - returned
11. Fandanie - received

Last edited:
welcome to all the returning players.

Suzi - I will tell you when your cards arrive

Betsyg - your People cards arrived today which means that they took 4.5 weeks - quite a quick journey at the moment.

Here are my flag ATCs. I wanted to use these dogs for the dog swap but only had 2. So I saved them for now.

I will admit that once I got started and cut stamps up I’m not exactly sure that the 2 cards with stripes and squares each have a complete flag stamp. The one with triangles does. Donna- if that’s an issue please let me know and I’ll make more.

All lovely relevant backgrounds on your flag cards, plumhill2001!

My husband came to the rescue with his childhood stamp albums..he has thousands of stamp..who knew? So please sign me up

I'm actually going to withdraw. The mail to Australia is so slow lately and my flag muse is missing. So enjoy and I'll check in occasionally to see how you're doing

Love your cards, Seascape131! I especially like the first one in your picture! It’s lovely.

Back
Top Bottom