Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trash and Stash Bookmark Swap 2.0, due July 27, 2020

AngelJoy is online now Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. - Psalm 100:1
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Trash and Stash Bookmark Swap 2.0, due July 27, 2020

Swap Due Date – July 27, 2020
    Number of Bookmarks - 3 for 3
    Number of participants - unlimited
    Media- mixed media collage

Trash and Stash Bookmark Swap 2.0, due July 27, 2020

This is the second bookmarks swap I have done but I have made some slight changes, so be sure to read everything before joining! I have changed the number of bookmarks to be made, and the size of them.

Welcome to the Trash and Stash Bookmark Swap! All bookmarks should measure 2" x 6" and be made from a sturdy material (such as tissue box, cereal box or the back of writing tablet, etc.) PLEASE don’t send anything flimsy!! They may be laminated if you choose, but it is not necessary.

Swap Requirements:

This swap is a mixed media collage challenge to create Bookmarks from trash items which I will provide. You must use at least 3 trash items on each bookmark. Be willing to think outside the box and use items in different and new ways. Each envelope will have the same types of items. Some items are identical for all players, other items are of the same type but slightly different.

This is a NO WITHDRAWAL swap. While you won’t know what is in the envelope until you receive it, if you request and receive an envelope you are required to complete the swap. (I have listed the contents of the envelope in the first comment of this thread, in case you want a general idea of what you would be receiving.) No bookmarks, no communication may result in neutral iTrader.

PM me with your mailing address, so I can send out your trash items.

Swap is 3 for 3 bookmarks. Host bookmarks are not required, but will be treasured if you should choose to send one.

Each bookmark must be 2" x 6" on a sturdy base. You may have curved edges or shaped corners if you wish. You may also punch a hole at the top and thread through a ribbon or yarn. Just be sure to provide any extra postage required for heavy objects or bulkiness. Protect your bookmarks. I am sending plastic sleeves in the trash envelopes for this purpose. (Two bookmarks can easily fit in one sleeve). If you played in my previous bookmark swap, you will have received all your returns in these sleeves.

You must use at least three trash items per bookmark. As always, use can be more than attaching the item, you can alter any item or use it as a tool. You may shred it, singe it, or glue it mosaic style if you like. You can rip it, paint it, turn it around backwards, modify it. But you must use it somehow.

We all have different skills so please send work you are proud of. While I can’t guarantee media, I will do my best to swap effort for effort.

All bookmarks need to be labeled with your real name, and your AFA username, so others can leave you their thanks via YouRock!s. Also, you must list on the back what trash items you used. Or you can enclose a separate list of the trash used for each bookmark if you prefer.

TO SIGN UP

Post to the thread to sign up. State that you have read all the details and that you are aware that this is a no withdrawal swap.

Send me a private message with your mailing address. I will mail you an envelope of trash.

Once you have messaged me your address, there is no withdrawal.

POSTING TO THE THREAD

~Please post to the thread when you have received your trash items.
    ~We all love seeing creations along the way. If possible, please post your bookmarks in the thread and list which trash items you have used.
    ~Please post to the thread when you have mailed your finished bookmarks to me.

MAILING YOUR BOOKMARKS

~Protect each bookmark either by laminating or using the provided sleeve.
    ~Please spread and lightly tape bookmarks inside the envelope, as flat and even as possible, using washi or painters tape.
    ~Send a label with your name and address legibly printed or typed on it. I can provide envelopes.
    ~ I will cover the postage to mail the trash to you.
    ~ US Players: Please enclose as much postage as it takes to send your bookmarks to me for mailing your returns to you.
    ~ Try to ensure that your envelope is no thicker than 1/4".
    ~International Players, please include $1 U.S. OR 1 Global Forever stamps, covering my initial mailing to you and your returns mailing later. I will take care of any additional postage if necessary.
    ~I live in Alabama. Please be aware of the mailing time from your location to me and to mail your bookmarks in time for me to receive them by the due date. Late bookmarks will be returned to sender and a neutral iTrader given.

AFTER YOUR RETURNS ARE RECEIVED

When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that you have received them. Don’t forget to leave an iTrader for me and You Rocks! to the other artists. It is always nice to tell the player which bookmark you received, too. On the first thread of the swap, click on the name of the person you received the bookmark from and it will take you to one of their posts so you can easily leave a YouRock! for them.

Any questions? PM me or post it to the thread as others may have the same question but are too shy to speak up.

Who wants to play?

0. AngelJoy
    1. ksj1717 -- trash sent 5/13, trash rec'd 5/21, bookmarks mailed 6/29, bookmarks rec'd 7/3
    2. Suzi -- trash sent 5/13, trash rec'd 5/18, bookmarks mailed 6/17, bookmarks rec'd 6/20
    3. kehlenn -- trash sent 5/14, trash rec'd 5/21, bookmarks mailed 6/27, bookmarks rec'd 6/29
    4. aginghippychic -- trash sent 5/15, trash rec'd 5/19, bookmarks mailed 5/29, bookmarks rec'd 6/1
    5. LindaP -- trash sent 5/15, trash rec'd 6/2
    6. Loladog -- trash sent 5/18, trash rec'd 5/27, bookmarks mailed 7/3, bookmarks rec'd 7/13
    7. huddlestonmollie -- trash sent 5/20, trash rec'd, bookmarks mailed 7/8, bookmarks rec'd 7/11
    8. catladybj -- trash sent 5/21, trash rec'd,
    9. valerie416 -- trash sent 5/26, trash rec'd 6/7, bookmarks mailed, bookmarks rec'd 6/16
    10. dnewton972 -- trash sent 5/26, trash rec'd 6/1, bookmarks mailed 6/3, bookmarks rec'd 6/10
    11. Amapola -- trash sent 6/1, trash rec'd 7/1, bookmarks mailed 7/13
    Last edited by AngelJoy; Yesterday at 06:06 PM.
    I love to trade -- just ask: Availabe for Trade

Open swaps I'm currently hosting: Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (P,Q,R) -- due July 16,Trash and Stash Bookmarks Swap 2.0 -- due July 27, Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (S,T,U) -- due Sept. 1, and Trash to Treasure 18 -- due Sept. 9

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trash & Stash Bookmark Swap 2.0 trash list:

1. Laugh Out Loud Jokes calendar page
    2. four buttons
    3. coloring card
    4. envelope liner
    5. partial green doily
    6. front of note card
    7. vintage photo print
    8. partial napkin
    9. crepe paper
    10. National Georgraphic page
    11. embroidery thread “spool”
    12. piece of yarn
    13. old hymn page
    14. old book page
    15. childrens’ workbook page
    16. yellow fleece strip
    17. charm
    18. bubble wrap
    19. small stickers
    20. grid paper
    21. wildlife card
    22. canceled postage stamp
    23. foil paper
    24. black screen mesh
    25. notepad sheet

Open swaps I'm currently hosting: Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (P,Q,R) -- due July 16,Trash and Stash Bookmarks Swap 2.0 -- due July 27, Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure (S,T,U) -- due Sept. 1, and Trash to Treasure 18 -- due Sept. 9

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, please! I understand this is a no withdrawal swap and I would like to play.
    "Sigh"

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! Welcome, ksj1717! I will send out your envelope tomorrow. I think I still have your address.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will play again! Sign me up, please. I will pm my address.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I will play again! Sign me up, please. I will pm my address.
    Will do, Suzi. I know you realize this is a no withdrawal swap, yes?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I won’t withdraw!

8. Thanks AngelJoy thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up for this swap. I realize this is a no withdrawal swap.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, kehlenn! Your envelope will be in the mail tomorrow.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to join. I read the rules and will not withdraw.
    I'm always up for a trade; let me know if you're interested!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your trash list sounds super inspiring, and I love bookmarks, and making them! But I can't promise to commit at this point, so I will give it another thougth and finish some other swaps.

Meanwhile, I would really love my bookmarks not laminated, since I think mixed media does not look the same with a plastic cover of sorts. Do you think it would be possible to ask for a preference like this in case I do join? I realize it won't be possible if most other players do like to laminate theirs. I wouldn't even know where to have it done, for that matter.
    Welcome to take a look at my blog, Instagram account and APC wishlist!

13. Likes Loladog liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up! Sounds like fun! I understand this is a no drop swap
    Amapola.. You might could modge podge over them?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amapola View Post
    Your trash list sounds super inspiring, and I love bookmarks, and making them! But I can't promise to commit at this point, so I will give it another thougth and finish some other swaps.

Meanwhile, I would really love my bookmarks not laminated, since I think mixed media does not look the same with a plastic cover of sorts. Do you think it would be possible to ask for a preference like this in case I do join? I realize it won't be possible if most other players do like to laminate theirs. I wouldn't even know where to have it done, for that matter.
    Laminating was just an option thrown out there. I don't recall anyone in the last bookmark swap laminating theirs, although some did modge podge over them. As I said in the description, I will be sending sleeves to send them in, so it is not that important to seal them in any way. I just wanted to make sure that they don't fall apart in the mailing. I hope you decide to join us.

16. Likes Loladog liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, aginghippychic and LindaP. Your envelopes will be dropped in the mail today!

Loladog is offline I got my creativity from my Father
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love some bookmarks.......can I sign up please?

I understand this is a no drop swap.
    Loladog
    Lord, teach me what I cannot see Job 34:32...Be encouraged
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...rchcatidsuri=4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You absolutely may, Loladog! Glad to have you!

PM me your address and I will get the trash in the mail to you.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    AngelJoy, I received my envelope of trashy goodies today! I can’t wait to get started!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting me know, Suzi! Have fun!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting anxious...where is that darn trash? I'm ready to work on it.
    "Sigh"

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mailed it on the 13th. If you don't get it in the next couple of days, let me know and I will send you another one. I know the postal system is running a little slow lately, so hopefully it will show up soon!