Virtual Travel ATC SWAP Due July 15

Here are my cards. They are all places that I have visited.

View attachment 215879 Parthenon, Acropolis, Athens, Greece

View attachment 215878 Easter Island, "Traveling Man" at Ahu Tangariki. I think that this is the moai that was hit by a truck and damaged late last year or early this year.

View attachment 215881 Tuscany, Italy

View attachment 215880 Stonehenge, England

This is the year that I planned on going up the coast of Norway to see the northern lights. Of course, that won't happen.

I really dont want to see Paris. I dont even want to collect Paris cards. I ask myself, WHY? I really think it is because I really dont enjoy the French language. They have all those letters in their words that they dont even pronouce, So when I hear it on say an audio book, I also go. WHAT?!?!?!

That is the only reason I can think of.

Ok so in 6th grade we learned about Lake Titicaca It was so titillating to say that lakes name, but the thing is the FROGS were the thing that intrigued me.

I am not sure I can do that place justice on a card. I might try.

Lake Titicaca
Titicaca is a large, deep, freshwater lake in the Andes on the border of Bolivia and Peru, often called the "highest navigable lake" in the world. By volume of water and by surface area, it is the largest lake in South America. Lake Titicaca has a surface elevation of 3,812 FT

FROGS

In the late 1960s, an expedition led by Jacques Cousteau reported Titicaca water frogs up to 60 cm (2 ft) in outstretched length and 1 kg (2.2 lb) in weight, making these some of the largest exclusively aquatic frogs in the world. The snout–to–vent length of the Titicaca water frog is up to 20 cm (8 in), and the Hind legs about twice as long.

Omg, nanvan I am the "toadal" opposite! I read CasteQueen's post and thought- man, I'd love to see those big frogs! LOL!

Yep, I’ve been to Peru. I saw Machu Picchu but not Lake Titicaca nor the Nazca lines. I did visit the pyramids in northern Peru, including the burial site of “The Lord of Sipan”, who was the equivalent of Egypt’s King Tut. The gold treasures were amazing...a world-class museum was built by National Geographic to display what was found in the tomb. The ancient Moche people mummified their elite and buried them with impressive grave goods.

Last edited:
CQ5: I can understand your feelings of Paris. Florence, Italy is my favorite city...far superior to Paris for sightseeing, food, and general ambiance. Athens is a close second, and Lhasa, Tibet, and Kathmandu, Nepal, are third and fourth in my opinion.

How about some places in the U.S. you've loved? I've lived in Galveston, TX (liked), Santa Fe, NM (hated), suburbs of Philadelphia (boring) and NYC when I was 21 (loved then). Oh, and I love Oakland, CA where I live now.

These are my cards:

Kyoto, Japan
Alaska, USA
San Francisco, USA
Copenhagen, Denmark

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom