NANCY DREW MYSTERIES, Due July 27, 2020

Suzi

Finding my artistic self
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Nancy Drew Mysteries, Due July 27, 2020
Swap Due Date: July 27, 2020
Signup/Withdraw: none, just communicate, please.
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: unlimited
Media: Any Media, but please try to limit the use of stickers.

NANCY DREW MYSTERIES

As a young girl, I read many Nancy Drew mysteries. Perhaps that is why I favor mystery themed books, television shows and movies. Who else read Nancy Drew? I had no idea that the series continued on for so many years!

For this swap, I’d like to focus on the titles of the books. You can feature Nancy, of course, but pick a theme from the vast library of Nancy Drew books. I have compiled a list of the early books, but if you Google Nancy Drew books, there are many more titles to pick from!

Here is a partial list of early books in the series:

The Secret of the Old Clock
The Hidden Staircase
The Bungalow Mystery
The Mystery at Lilac Inn
The Secret of Shadow Ranch
The Secret of Red Gate Farm
The Clue in the Diary
Nancy’s Mysterious Letter
The Sign of the Twisted Candles
The Password to Larkspur Lane
The Clue of the Broken Locket
The Message in Hollow Oak
The Mystery of the Ivory Charm
The Whispering Statue
The Haunted Bridge
The Clue of the Tapping Heels
The Mystery of the Brass Bound Trunk
The Mystery at the Moss Covered Mansion
The Quest of the Missing Map
The Clue in the Jewelry Box
The Secret in the Old Attic
The Clue in the Climbing Wall
The Mystery of the Tolling Bell
The Clue in the Old Album
The Ghost of Blackwood Hall
The Clue of the Leaning Chimney
The Secret of the Wooden Lady
The Clue of the Black Keys
The Mystery at the Ski Jump
The Clue of the Velvet Mask
The Ringmasters Secret
The Scarlet Slipper Mystery
The Witch Tree Symbol
The Hidden Window Mystery
The Haunted Showboat
The Secret of the Golden Pavillion
The Clue in the Old Stagecoach
The Mystery of the Fire Dragon
The Clue of the Dancing Puppet
The Moonstone Castle Mystery
The Clue of the Whistling Bagpipes
The Phantom of Pine Hill
The Mystery of the 99 Steps
The Clue in the Crossword Cypher
The Spider Sapphire Mystery
The Invisible Intruder
The Mysterious Mannequin
The Crooked Banister
The Secret of Mirror Bay
The Double Jinx Mystery
Mystery of the Glowing Eye

On the back of your card, please mention the title of the book that you are featuring. Be creative do your best work, and send in cards that you would be proud to add to your collection. I will do my best to swap media for media, and effort for effort. Host cards are not required to play, but if you choose to send one, I will cherish it.

Cards are to be standard ATC size, 3 1/2" X 2 1/2" and the cards should be straight and sturdy and in an individual plastic sleeve. Please include swap name, user name, your real name, date and location on the back of all cards.

US participants, please send a large address label and a forever stamp. I will provide the envelopes!

International participants, Please enclose a large address label and a well concealed US Dollar bill. I will supply the envelopes. Any questions?? PM me.

When your cards are ready to mail, send me a PM for my address. If you have my address from previous swaps, it has not changed. Please try to mail your cards early!! I like to be prompt in sending back your returns.

When you do receive your returns, please be kind enough to leave "you rock" points for the artist whose cards you received, and if you feel that I have done a good job as a host, please leave an iTrader for me.

Who would like to play?

1. CiCiCreates ~Arrived 6/27
2. Allegrae ~Arrived 6/24
3. luckycat479 ~Arrived 7/17
4. Vicki Z ~Arrived 6/12
5. Bluegreener ~Arrived
6. SpottedCrow ~Arrived 7/10
7. Lisacasey NO CARDS/NO COMMUNICATION
8. MissRich ~Arrived 7/9
9. TSMarie ~Arrived
10. majanga ~Arrived 7/24

Last edited:
Wow, that title list is amazing! I have 4 included on your list that I somehow managed to save from my childhood. They were all published in the late ‘50s and 3 of the 4 still have the dust jackets on! Very good condition, and I might be tempted to re-read some. In this series publication, the inside cover endpapers have several black and white line drawings depicting main themes from several titles, I think that might be useful. All this is to say....Please sign me up!

Welcome CiCiCreates! I have a box in the attic filled with all of the ones that I have read as a child! I have often been tempted to reread them!

I have every book, and I LOVED them all.
I have read all of them, at least 3 times, but I have never dog-eared the pages, nor made notes in the margins, so they are in almost mint condition.
I had my collection appraised once, but I fainted when I heard what they were currently worth, so I cannot tell you what the market value was at that time.
When my god daughter got married ( who also LOVES Nancy Drew) I gave her my set as a wedding present.
She still has them, I wonder what they are worth today.

I am so excited that Nancy Drew is currently on TV.
I LOVED "Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase" as a 2019 film with Sophia Lillis .
I am NOT as thrilled with the Nancy Drew TV series.

Oh well, not all things are winners.
Please sign me up.

This sounds like fun. My sister read the whole series but I was never into it. I just kept reading "old yeller" over and over! I'm going to wait and see what some others do before I sign up.

Lurkers are always welcome, majanga! I hope that you decide to join us!

Here are my cards.
I have shown the book title on all the cards.
I used Nancy on 3 of the cards, but I diverted on the fourth ATC.

"Clue of the Leaning Chimney" is the first book to be published under the pseudonym Carolyn Keene (1949) and seems to have a very different "feel" to it.
It starts out "normal" in that a rare and valuable Chinese vase is stolen from a pottery shop and the owner asks Nancy for help.
During the investigation, Nancy searches for a leaning chimney, and she also stumbles on a gang of people exploiting minority groups as slave labor.

I decided to go "whimsical" and show a small minority group as a small person, with a big house, with a leaning chimney.
If this doesn't fit your theme, I can make another.

Last edited:
Those are really nice, Vicki Z! I like the whimsical one, it fits the theme perfectly!

Vicki, I really like all your cards! The images fit the titles so well, and I also like how you included each title.

I got on a roll and finished my cards! Pics in a day or so, I really like these cards, and it was fun.

Back
Top Bottom