Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! June

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic! We've got a nice group going here
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! July
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is everyone doing? Anyone got new projects going on? So far we have mushrooms and cheese growing and being made...I see 2 birthday babes...and another babe back to work. As for me...I've taken up some lite sewing! Ever since I had to sew up some masks...I thought...hmm...I think I can do something a little more complicated. (Still beginner level...though...don't get me wrong LOL!) I have some pic's to share with ya below. ...They are Origami Drawstring Bags. They are made with 2 fat quarters, folded and sewn in place to form a bag! ...So mine are only semi finished...I didn't want to sew drawstrings...and because the sewing departments here have been slim pickings...I used some skinny nylon rope from the camping section...which is fine...but the rope is really stiff...so yes, I'm gonna sew some drawstrings...gah...

Here's the front of the bags...(I sewn on some gold boho style bells)

I stuck my hand in it to show you that there are pockets on the outside...both sides...

Here's the top of the drawstring...

If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

3. Likes SunTrade, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the video that I used as guidance Origami Drawstring Bag. Also, I took the suggestion from another video to hand stitch the pocket closed with a slip stitch.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

5. Thanks SunTrade thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our players so far....

Beverley B-day babe
    TrinaLD
    Fandanie
    Ruthe
    Nicky
    Cecileb
    Miss Iowa
    Miss
    Tandy
    Suntrade
    Lindylu Bday babe
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wowzer, what a fabulous day it's been if I exclude the nearly getting killed by a red-light runner. So, here goes with the great stuff!

1. emptied 2 bins of miscellaneous stuff
    2. found a whole bunch of origami papers - really gorgeous stuff, not just the regular plain colors
    3. found a huge (HUGE) collection of fabulous watercolor brushes and a few acrylic brushes that I had tucked away and forgotten about. Gorgeous sables and other natural hair brushes, wonderful synthetics. I had to test each and every one of them.
    4. received a half scholarship to attend the most amazing day-long writing retreat for women on 6-13-20

More good stuff will follow today. I can feel it in my bones (better that than the pollen being stirred up by the delta hurricane winds (they call it a delta breeze, but it's no breeze today) that has cooled our temps today by at least 20 from yesterday.

Mel, I love your bags. They're so cute. I'm a long-time sewing person and love to make my own clothes and often make a matching or coordinating hat, belt, and bag.

New projects? Yes! Way too many. My calendar has never been this full!

I'm taking tons of amazing workshops from Center for the Book Arts in NY (via Zoom) from amazing instructors at amazingly low prices (suggested donation or pay what you can). I'm learning sooooo much.

I've also been working on new watercolor projects and taking some watercolor workshops with Michael Holter, a much, much sought after instructor. I took a 3 day workshop with him a few years ago and have now taken 4 of his half day Zoom workshops and am learning so much.

I'm writing some new poems and stories and finished a car club profile article for a magazine and will be interviewing a Jeep guy from Xfinity who helped get the bee hive removed tonight for another article.

I'm working on some new artist books and many ATC related items. I need to make some space in the sewing studio for some sewing but I've now got my dad's super old and super heavy stereo/record player in there and need to move it some place else and protect it from dust.

Well, that's my story in a nutshell. I have stuff every single day this month!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! Can you tell?

Hugs to everyone here. I'm off to a presentation.

8. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good night Trina! Sit down & take a breather. How do you get so much done? My mom always said if you want something done ask a busy person. That would be you, my dear. I envy all of your energy & when I read your posts I think of the Energizer bunny. Bless you for being so actively engaged in life. You will always remain young.

Mel, the bags are so cute. I have never had the patience for sewing & I admire anyone who can take it on.
    LindyLu
    We Will Rise Above This !

10. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trina, I don't think I could keep up with you! LOL! It's funny...around my place...I'll do step one of something...then take a break...then step 2...take a break...etc etc especially if it's for cleaning

Linda, thank you...my patience is spotty with it too...for the first time I broke a sewing machine needle...thought that I was doomed...that I wouldn't know how to change out the needle! LOL! (Trina will laugh at that) ...it was super duper simple...like changing a light bulb...but even more simple...gah...It happened at a bad time too...I had one more spot to sew...a straight line not more than 6 inches worth...I was going to stop and finish another day. (It take very little for me to throw in the towel these days.) I suppose it's because I have endless days off for now.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone!
    I would love to join for this month Mel!

I received CecileB's beautiful March envie yesterday! That kinda lifted my hopes up he he
    I am not sure why but i do receive mail from the US, still mine has yet to arrive.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lazyshadows
    http://https://www.instagram.com/lazyshadows/
    There was a girl who flew the world from a lonely shore~~

13. Likes Cecileb liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyshadows View Post
    I received CecileB's beautiful March envie yesterday! That kinda lifted my hopes up he he I am not sure why but i do receive mail from the US, still mine has yet to arrive.
    This is inspiring news! My April postcard to Nicky has still not arrived overseas. Hopefully the International mail is just taking its own sweet time, and not lost.
    My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

15. Thanks Nicky thanked this post
    Likes lazyshadows liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope so too Nanner... let's wait and see...
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lazyshadows - so glad you received my envie. The mail here is very slow at the moment. But I got my May envie from Suntrade - an absoulutely awesome shaker bird envelope. Thank you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see that some of our Envies are making their way...slowly but surely.

The partner's list is up M'dears!
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mei those are the cutest bags I have ever seen!

20. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the envie I sent Celiceb last month

envelope May 2020.jpg

22. Likes miss, kwailin777, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so digging your latest Envie...birds are my thang! I'll get 'er pinned up!
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

24. Thanks SunTrade thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LindyLu and Mel,

A former supervisor once told me that I have more hours in each day than anyone else. Yes, LindyLu and Mel, I have 35 hours in each of my days!!!

Seriously, though, I haven't been this way in quite some time. Mel, I also have many things here that are in stage 1 and left aside for whatever other shiny project catches my eye.

Neither of you want to see my dining room. I managed to clear the kitchen area of all of my projects and have cleared my wet studio so that I have more than a tiny square of space to work in.

My schedule is busier than it's ever been. This Saturday, from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., I'll be attending a women's writing retreat hosted by Hedgebrook and the St. Mary's MFA program. I even received a partial scholarship.

Every few years I've traveled to Fresno to attend SummerArts, a month-long program of master classes in all of the arts (music, dance, writing, theater, visual art, even animation and related items) with masters in the field. I'm looking at this time as a similar situation. The difference is that I still have to take care of stuff here at home and dodge those darned time stealers. I'm working on my craft and often have 2 or 3, sometimes 4, things scheduled in a day.

The thing is that I know that one day when all of these folks can go back to meeting and learning in person, I won't be able to attend most of them (travel costs, workshop or festival costs, etc.).

I hope everyone's doing well. Hugs to you all!

LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trina, you go girl!
    LindyLu
    We Will Rise Above This !

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    How's everyone doing today?...I'm gonna be back at the sewing machine again. It should be for making more fun little drawstring bags...but my family has done a good job of losing some of our masks...gah...I bought five and made about 5 or six...I can only account for two now I think the worst part of sewing is cutting out all the material, so I did that yesterday. I've got 12 masks ready to sew...this time I'm making a different style. The first set I made kept on slipping up into our eyes...this time I'll make them fitted with the areas under the eyes cut lower. I'll show you gals when it's done. (Not that, that would be exciting or anything...but that's life these days.)

Last edited by kwailin777; 06-10-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

28. Likes Cecileb liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Checking in for the chatting

I think I'm with the "go-slow" peeps, LOL. Between replacing my computer and trying to get the outdoor yard work done and work, I've been tuckered out. Or maybe it's the allergies.

Mel, I love the draw-string little bags, they are adorable! I made myself this little japanese knot bag (patterns/videos all over youtube) out of two fat quarters, to grab to go shopping with.
    japaneseKnotBag.jpg
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

30. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG...that's the other bag I want to make!! ...but I went with the easier one first
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

32. Likes Miss M liked this post