Bluevioletz

Bluevioletz
Media
Swap Due Date: Thu, Aug 6, 2020
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of participants: unlimited
Medium:Hand-Drawn or Hand-Painted

Theme: Journey to the Castle
We’re on a journey to a castle that looms mysteriously in the distant landscape. Create your own castle designs with rising towers that reach for the sky, curtain walls covered with intricate designs and symbols, fabulous gateways, and tiny window details. Feel free to reference photos of real historical castles or those created for fantasy artworks and fairy tales. Cherry pick your favorite castle elements to design unique castles that appeal to you. Surround your fairy tale castles with your choice of mountain tops, cliffs, forests, waterways or fantastical placements like among the clouds. Your choice on whether to include tiny little characters (people, animal or magical) in the foreground. Get lost in a fairy tale story of your own making.

Details
  • Send 3 original designed artist trading cards (measuring 2.5” x 3.5”)
  • A 4th “hostie” artist trading card would be greatly appreciated but is not required
  • Add on the back of each card: your real name, username, date, city/state or country, swap name
  • NO: prints, digital art, white backgrounds, flimsy cards
  • Upon receiving your cards, leave an iTrader for me, your host, and Reputation Points via this thread for the artists of the cards you receive
Mailing
  • PM me for my address (if you mailed to me in the past, it is the same)
  • Send each card in individual sleeves
  • USA players: include 1 Forever stamp
  • International players: Send $1
  • Include an address label
  • I will provide envelopes
Joining the adventure...
  1. Bluevioletz
  2. It's Amanda - no response to PM
  3. LuAnnP
  4. Bluegreener
  5. Artbymee
    [*]CiciCreates
    [*]Criggles1972
    [*]An. M. Sudyka
    - cards sent to incorrect addy, returned, resent, arrived post deadline & swapped
  6. Jodi
    [*]Jeffwoodart
  7. AncientPlanter
    [*]Miss
    [*]Josiesuelupin
    [*]Majanga
  8. Oneeyedwonder
    [*]Ruemeridian

Last edited:
Lurking, so I will be subscribed. Sounds really fun! I assume a whimsical style would be ok? (I can just envision a damsel in distress).

Welcome Lurkers! :D

Hi Cici! Yes, all hand-drawn and hand-painted styles are welcome! They can be whimsical, realistic, stylistic, cartoon, fantastical, etc... And yes, add any type of character you think fitting to enhance the scene. A damsel in distress most definitely works very well with this theme!

Can't wait to see what you create. :)

Joining- so can I do like stone carvings (like gargoyles for instance) and detailed strained glass windows? Like bits a of a castle you would see inside or around it? I love hyper detail in my drawings.

Also, how would I send you the money, (international newbie here!) is PayPal ok?

Welcome Amanda! Yes, details are a wonderful way to make your castles unique. Love the idea of gargoyles, stained glass, and stone carvings!

Yes, paypal works, I can pm you my paypal when you're ready or you can slip in one dollar into your envelope if you have dollars. Either way works!

Well, I finished one and have three more sketched! So I guess I’m ready to sign up now. My castles are all from Fairyland. I had great plans for little fairies in the picture as well, but alas, my cards will be “fairyless”. The castles themselves were challenging enough, I try so hard not to get hung up on detail.

Woop woop, Cici has joined, yay! So happy you are enjoying adding in those details. Yes, the castles can be fun to draw but then the challenge is trying to add characters. They might be too small. It is an atc after all. The trick would be either hint at characters if they are far away or keep them super close to the foreground so the castle can be seen at a distance. Don't know where I will land with mine once I get started.

Sometimes my drawing hand has a mind of its own. ;)

All lurkers welcome, hope you are getting excited about this theme, we are going to have amazing detailed cards on this one!

Back
Top Bottom