Black Lives Matter ATC Swap: Due August 15, 2020

Wonderful cards received from Ancient Planter and sarat! Thank you both for the hosties!

I love every one of your cards nanvan. This has been such a powerful and inspiring swap. You have done a wonderful job here. I had forgotten all about Langston Hughes. I had the honor of hearing him speak once when I was in college. That was 1976 and it still is one of my clearest memories.

Blueangel, your wonderful cards have arrived. Thanks so much for the host card!

I love every one of your cards nanvan. This has been such a powerful and inspiring swap. You have done a wonderful job here. I had forgotten all about Langston Hughes. I had the honor of hearing him speak once when I was in college. That was 1976 and it still is one of my clearest memories.

Thank you so much! What an honor to hear Langston Hughes speak in person! I had never heard of him until I was doing another swap and ran across a picture of this strikingly handsome man. The caption said he was called the Poet of Harlem. So glad I discovered him.

I need to correct something I mentioned in an earlier post. I was mistaken about hearing Langston Hughes in person. Actually, it was Stokely Charmichael who recited some Langston Hughes poetry during the speech I attended. My husband set me straight. (-:

I need to correct something I mentioned in an earlier post. I was mistaken about hearing Langston Hughes in person. Actually, it was Stokely Charmichael who recited some Langston Hughes poetry during the speech I attended. My husband set me straight. (-:

I find that even more exciting! I would love to have heard Stokely Carmichael speak in person, and reciting Langston Hughes at that.

Sigma and Colormetheworld, your cool cards have arrived! Thanks for the host card!

AmySi, your lovely cards have arrived! Thanks for the host card.

I'd like to join please.

My cards are done -- the images are all people from my community, many from a MLK Day rally.
The Sojourner Truth statue is in our town as well, as she lived here for about 14 years. Only as an adult did I also learn that the town was a stop on the Underground Railroad.

mrubyjean, your cards are so wonderful - I love that you have used photos of people in your community and all of your quotes are so meaningful. Your cards brought tears to my eyes. Bravo!

Wonderful cards received from nanvan and pithier! Thanks for the host cards!

Back
Top Bottom